Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne

Poster: A snowHead
vernz1983, Expect 5 hours from touch down to appartment, that way you won't be dissappointed Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, I'm not bothered how long it takes, cant ski until sunday anyway, lol
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vernz1983, Very Happy Apre ski Toofy Grin pre-ski is the only answer Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, well we land about 10, so we will deffo be able to go out saturday night Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haven't got my lift pass yet - am I scuppered or do I just get them at the tourist office? If it's bad news, break it to me gently..... Confused

Looking forward to sinking a few jars when I get there, soaking in some of that lovely alpine air (while having a well-earned fag) and generally chilling... that is unless there's a place that plays breaks and trance music and then I shall be partying!!! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman, just get it there!!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Specialman, Just wander along to one of the lift pass offices with cash or credit card Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, I think wander may not be the right word.... run like a pig being chased by a butcher is more like it!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman, what time do you get there on saturday cos you can do it then snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, if the transfer takes between three and four hours (depending on the weather) then I bet about 4pm. We arrive at Lyon about 11am but of course, you have to add the hour don't you. Waiting around for an hour at the airport and then the bus journey I reckon it could even be as late as 5pm.

Flying with BA from Brum - time to see if they are as good as they reckon they are!!

My boss's brother is in La Plagne at the moment and in between visiting his mate who's in hospital (fractured his back boarding off piste), he's having a whale of a time. Mind you, he spent two days getting wrecked waiting for the snow to come but he says that there's about seven feet fallen but it's not compacted so is a little unstable in places. We'll see...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
in previous years they've run free lifts on a saturday pm between 2:30 and 4:30 (IIRC) - this might handy to get those skiing legs worked up if you're getting there early..
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We have a 30-40 min transfer, but that's because it's from BSM at about 6:30am when the train gets in. Gives us 8 days skiing. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bertie bassett, How would we find out??
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skanky, ouch, 6:30am, you are gonna be so tired on your first day :S
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.skiplan.com/skiplan/infostation.php?p_lang=en&p_station=la-plagne&p_region=alpes&p_pays=france&p_stationformate=La+Plagne
ski holidays
vernz1983, no I'm going 1st class so expect at least 5 hours sleep. I'll catch up that afternoon when the lifts close. It's why there's an overnight train. wink
snow report
skanky, Eurostar??
snow conditions
vernz1983, yup. I looked into TGV the available seats vanished as I proceeded to book. The perils of also booking indecisive friends.
ski holidays
skanky, TGV trains are really nice, I went to disneyland paris last week and I had to transfer onto one, but i was impressed. So fast, OMG!!!
snow conditions
its been snowing pretty much all day again,its looking very white and fun,avalanche risk still rather high(not so fun)
ski holidays
OK I've been waiting and waiting for the snow to arrive and now that it has we're ready to book up. We have our eye on La Plagne but have noticed that there are several villages there named such as Belle Plagne, Plagne Soleil and Plagne Centre etc
What one would suit a couple of early intermediate skiers, not too bothered about how the village looks, so long as it has a few bars etc and is close to lifts...???
Good to see the white stuff arriving though snowHead
latest report
stu20vt
I stayed at Aime la Plagne and although it was ski in ski out and a lovely appartments (Les Hauts Bois). It was literally at the edge of the resort.
You'd have to ski down to a lift, up the lift, then ski a bit of a well worn, narrow + steep in parts run (well that's how I remember it) just to get to a choice of lifts.

So my advice would be find somewhere more central.
latest report
stu20vt, having skied it for one day via the Vanoise Express, I may not be the best person to answer. However, based on the piste map, I'd look at Belle Plagne, Plagne Soleil or Plagne Villages. Plagne Centre may be fine too, but I have an irrational aversion to it that I cannot explain. There's a directory of services here: http://www.la-plagne.com/en/annuaire_fr.phtml though it doesn't seem to list bars. I'm sure they're on that site somewhere though.

There is a catered chalet in Plagne Soleil that I considered booking, but unfortunately I have lost the url. Also, Smitten By Snow (google it) have what looks like a good chalet in Belle Plagne (and so some info. on that village). We only didn't go with them because of party size and make-up, that another chalet in Les Coches were better able to accommodate (that plus we have some people who won't ski everyday and will want to get off the mountain more easily).
snow conditions
stu20vt, I havent been yet... well im going tomorrow, but looking at reviews Belle Plagne looks the best... which is where im staying Wink
ski holidays
vernz1983, enjoy. snowHead
latest report
skanky, Thanks, but im stuck at work today and the time is going so slow Crying or Very sad
latest report
vernz1983, you could try and learn the piste map?
snow conditions
skanky, i'll save that for the plane or the transfer Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
vernz1983, just got out of bed and am enjoying my pre-holiday day off. Just have to pack the boards away and I'll be sorted to have a bit of a chill out tonight... can't wait!!!

May see you there - I'll be that stupid back bottom who decides to do a black run on his first day!!! snowHead
snow report
Specialman, Yeah hope you have a good time mate... im stuck at work, and what makes it worse is that we have no work to do, so the time is going so slow, im such a kid, lol

I need to pack tonight, gotta be at gatwick at 6:00 tomorrow morning.
snow report
hope you all have a great time,be sure to let me know how it is,the best runs,best entertainment at night and mainly what bar is best Smile
ski holidays
notverygoodatskiing, of course wink
ski holidays
I'm headed to Plagne 1800 tommorow. Is there any equipment shops in the area and are they any good / well priced? As I am considering investing in some new boots.
snow report
skanky wrote:
the piste map

Better version now online > http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Geo_Plan.htm

RG Smile
ski holidays
Killjoy, Ski hire shop near the ski school meeting point, I guess they do sales as well. The main shops are in Plagne Centre tho'
latest report
picked up the tickets today,only 3 weeks to go Very Happy
ski holidays
just wanted to get this thread back as a couple of people are returning tomorrow and im hoping for a good review from them,hope you had a great time snowHead
snow report
has anyone been on the bobsleigh run at la plagne,will it be open yet?
snow report
Hello

Just back from Les Coches (1450) and we had a fab week. Snow was fine , indeed better than the three valleys in same week last year. We skied back to 1450 everyday. A day by day account but I may be muddled- Sunday 7th snow was fine went to les arcs . Monday snowed probably around 20cm I guess- we were in les arcs and it was fab snow - made fresh tracks etc but weird pea-souper back in,les coches (or was that weds?). Weds I think a fairly major thaw- but skiing was fine if spring like. Thursday icy and not the best. Rained/snowed above my guess ~ 1900m about 5-10cm so friday nice snow again in am and reasonable to good in pm. Les coches runs are not the best, slushy, slightly bare and in places icy but apart from that snow was fine!! Think a few runs below aime are shut and a few backs are shut and lots of lower les coches runs.

Took 4 yr old who skied first time and passed 'ourson'. 2 yr old in ski company childcare (great) and we could ski right back to chalet in les coches, ski up to shed and take our skis off , and sit on chairs by shed to loosen boots- fab.

Had a great time!
snow conditions
glad you enjoyed it,any advise for me,im out in 2 weeks today Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy