Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Yeah right at the back.... thats well weird, but it seems that a lot of people are going on the 6th, its meant to be a really quiet week in La Plange, hardly any French go there snowHead snowHead

I'm a Skier so i have no idea about boarding boots, and actually dont know much about ski boots lol

Hope you have a good time, I' way too excited feel like I'm a kid and I'm 23!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vernz1983, hardly any french go there? are you having a laugh!? MUCHOS FRENCHISTOS in La Plagne- ALL THE TIME!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
any1 know if theres any decent amount of snow coming to lp in the near future?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
notverygoodatskiing, Ok, I will answer this as you have pretty much just thrown yourself to the lions. Snowheads may be many things but Seers/ psychics/ meterologists we are not (as far as i know) - Check a snow forecast. I believe snowforecast.com may be a good place to start.

Why does no one google!?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Why does no one google!?

Interesting question Nadenoodlee.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
good idea,i obviously didnt think of looking at a weather forecast,silly me!! i was hoping for any one on here with some knowledge of the charts to be able to give me a forecast because when ive used snow-forecast in the past they have been crap,but such people as carled have been far more accurate than any other forecast i have looked at,if your going to give me useless info than dont bother replying,its a waste of your time and mine. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
notverygoodatskiing,
Don't worry about her, she's just plain grumpy...

I believe BernardC is going out in a few days...should be there about the 3rd so he might be able to update this.
Also Rob@rar has a place there..as do a few others..so they should be the best on the ground POV's...hopefully
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
notverygoodatskiing, If you ask a stupid question.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
would be handy for a "real" update of the conditions,it looks good on the webcams but cant tell for sure,still got a few weeks untill i go and according to a few other threads there might be a little action next week,lets hope so.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
notverygoodatskiing, You could have a look at teletext BBC 1 420-429, they give a brief round up, resort by resort and are updated a couple of times a week, some good info provided by the SCGB.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
who to beleive?snow forecast are saying about half a meter of fresh,metcheck are saying a light dusting,come on snow forecast,please get it right.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SNOW SNOW SNOW.... And only 5 days until I can ski on it!!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
notverygoodatskiing, have a look at this http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/montagne/obsHebdo.jsp?LIEUID=MONT_BELLE
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.ski-laplagne.com/php/bulletin-neige-SAP.php
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skanky, http://www.la-plagne.com/php/bulletin-neige-SAP-vEN.php for the english version
ski holidays
vernz1983, many thanks.
snow report
VERNS,looks like your going to get some really good conditions,great timing for you,hope they get another fresh load just b4 the 27th for me to play in.
snow conditions
notverygoodatskiing, it's meant to snow all week.... but mainly yesterday and today.
snow report
im a bit gutted,when i booked up i was thinking of going on the 6th but i couldnt get the time off work,never mind,im still fairly confident on having good conditions,how long are you going for?
latest report
4inches fell overnight at 1350mmtrs is snowing all day BUT high winds and avi control as everything closed above 2200m. Locals say another 10Ccm tonight. White out at the mo! snowHead
snow report
excellant,montalbert looked a little concerning on the webcams yestarday with the rain,looks good today though.
snow conditions
notverygoodatskiing, It's a bit too good today! Having a long lunch at the Mo! Check the Cam and you'll see why Toofy Grin
latest report
boredsurfin, Hopefully this wont continue over the weekend
snow report
Bringeth oneth the snoweth!!! Very Happy

I'm well relieved that there's snow - was a bit worried that when I get there on saturday we'd be on grass rather than the old white stuff!

vernz1983, me thinks it will be good. I feel like it's xmas all over again!!!! How to make a 27-year-old feel like he's just beeen given the keys to a sweet shop - go boarding!!!!

I might just sleep in my boarding gear tonight I'm that stoked to be having just three more days at work!!!
snow report
you lucky lucky people going next weeend,conditions are improving but the avalanche risk is very high,hope you have a great time snowHead
latest report
boredsurfin, ....... Very Happy snowHead ....2007 debut ....Friday ..... Toofy Grin

........playing with Telepeage on Thursday ..... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Specialman, The cloud has cleared a bit on the webcams and you can now see how good the snow is!!!!! WOOHOO!!! only 2 days of work left!!!
snow report
SSSSWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!

Got me boots and bag ordered this morning - just got to sort all the borring stuff now like packing bags, ironing clothes (the missus is making me do it) and buying bits 'n' bobs. I'm boring everyone in work just talking about it.

Mind you, they have a book on what injuries I'll sustain - someone's even got me down for DEATH! That's confidence for ya... snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman, sounds liek someone is very exciteable!!!!
snow conditions
vernz1983, Oh yes, exciteable like a small chimp with a half-eaten banana!

Do you know how long the transfer is from Lyon? I'm led to believe it's about three hours if the weather is okay. Got a nice easy flight from Brum at 9.30 on saturday morning so I bet we'll get there by about half three/four.

La Plagne here we come!!!
snow conditions
i hope you people going out b4 me dont use up all the good stuff Smile
snow report
Specialman wrote:
vernz1983, Oh yes, exciteable like a small chimp with a half-eaten banana!

Do you know how long the transfer is from Lyon? I'm led to believe it's about three hours if the weather is okay. Got a nice easy flight from Brum at 9.30 on saturday morning so I bet we'll get there by about half three/four.

La Plagne here we come!!!

Depends on the traffic / weather..but shouldn't be more than about 4 hours... IIRC it takes around 2.5-3 hours driving in your car but no doubt the tour busess are slower on the straights..
snow conditions
we are off on sat to la plagne as well- we have killer flights - 6:20 eeek- but we are off to chambery which should have short transfer

Can't wait- been getting really excited by latest web cams- just got inevitable new years cold to shift!!
snow conditions
BernardC, Left lots of Fresh snow for you yesterday had to clear car of 4 inches of fresh snow at 8.00am on Wednesday morning! Toofy Grin

Peage working like a dream - - as usual Very Happy
latest report
I'm off to La Plagne on Saturday, on the train! Very excited that it's snowing!!

Going to pick up skis tomorrow hopefully won't be too excited to drive. Anyone stayed at the Balcons in Belle Plagne?
latest report
I can't believe how many people on snowheads are going on saturday, lol.

Specialman, well i don't even know which airport i'm flying too, but i know the transfer is only 30mins/1hr if thats possible.

PowderBabe, i'm staying in belle plagne, but at Pierre & Vacances.
snow report
vernz1983,
Quote:

Specialman, well i don't even know which airport i'm flying too, but i know the transfer is only 30mins/1hr if thats possible.

No it's not! Laughing The drive up to La Plagne from the Valley (Aime) takes 45 mins in the Summer with no traffic Toofy Grin
The nearest Airport is Chambery which is a good hour from Aime Confused

Unless you have a Helicopter transfer............
latest report
boredsurfin, must be chambery
latest report
[quote="vernz1983"] i don't even know which airport i'm flying too, but i know the transfer is only 30mins/1hr if thats possible.
[/quote]

Did you book the special supplement for helicopter transfer? Wink
snow report
rob@rar, i only know where we are staying lol, i know nothing about the trip, lol
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy