Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vaujany - anyone on here been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
richjp wrote:
Tragedy occurred when during testing in 1989, the cable car dropped off the wire into the valley below killing the eight occupants. The graves are in the valley floor, directly below the cable, I believe at the spot where the cable car struck the ground. I don't know the explanation but it was certainly a state of the art cable car at the time and there was no obvious reason.

a quick search for: vaujany cable car
on Google will give you the details which are pretty shocking.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Armitageblue, We had the private lessons from 9.15-11.45 same time as little one in ski school, it cost 122 euros for 4 people. They do it much cheaper during lunchtime but that didn't suit us!. As for being a better skier!!!! my friend and I kept one instructor to ourselves as we were nervous as the conditions were so icy, hubbys and older children whizzed off with the other one!! Yes it definately helps as they not only help improve your technique but they show you the best places to go.
We didn't go to pic blanc as it seemed as though there were only black runs and we're not quite ready for that! If you take the big cable car up to the Alpette turn left and take the blue run 'les chalets' that was lovely some fast bits, steep bits and flat bits! but pretty. There will be so much more open for you though, they have fresh snow and more forecast.
The children enjoyed the ice skating right at the top of the village. Chalet hosts usually have one night off, so a good chance to explore a nice restaurant, may be worth booking before though! have fun!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
feefee, thanks again for the information it's really useful. Smile

We can't wait! snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Armitageblue - like Feefee, we just got back from Vaujany where we had a fantastic week, staying in a great chalet. Snow was in short supply, but can see from webcam its now down to village level so more runs should be open. Les Chalets run is good for children and adults, Les Rousses is the red down from the second stage of cable car and is fun, the red Alpette (?) down to Oz is attractive but was very icy (probably better now) as was Poutran (down towards Oz from second station in Alpe D'Huez. I enjoyed the blue Couloir down towards Alpe d'Huez from second stage of cable car, would be good with children, and my husband liked the runs upon on the glacier best.
Children had group lessons from ESF - passed their Premiere Etoile, but were complaining by the end of the week that they were bored (I think their group was rather too mixed in ability - not all the children passed). I had very good group lessons from Eric Ballier in ESF who speaks impeccable English and took me down runs I would never have had the confidence to do on my own and greatly improved my confidence when skiing on icy/rocky/patchy conditions. Would definitely recommend Vaujany as skiing on Montfrais side is pretty, but in good conditions you also have all the Alpe d'Huez area to do as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Armitageblue, forgot to say, Imogen who is based in the office at ESF is English and if you email her via their website or pop in when you get there she should be able to sort you out with lessons if you need them. My favourite restaurant for lunch was Les Airelles, at Montfrais, on left hand side half way down the green run down to the bubble and little button lift, fantastic smells to tempt you as you go up the button lift (this is the one recommended earlier in this thread) but it is quite expensive. Good basic food also from restaurant on the right at Alpette, although had to queue for a long time to get served.

Hope you have a good time, looks like the snow might be good for you - where are you staying?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gamekeeper, many thanks for the information.

We are staying at Solneige in Vaujany, do you know it?

I notice there is an ATM but do they have facility to change sterling in the village?

We really appreciate the info from yourself and feefee.

I never thought I'd become so obsessive over weather forecasts! Looks like rain next week quite high up the mountain, now praying for temperatures to drop! My son is finding it difficult to sleep due to the excitement as it's his first skiing holiday, bless. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Armitageblue, Sorry don't remember the solneige, not sure about sterling exchange but I used the atm. Weather watching becomes an obsession sadly, and doesn't seem to stop once you are home!! I'm sure you will love it, and your son, is he doing ski school? its lovely for them at that age, just remember to put a lip seal and a choccie (or two) in his pocket! makes all the difference when they get a bit tired! don't worry about the weather what will be will be, we had limited snow but still had a great holiday! snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
feefee, I haven't booked James in ski school yet, thought I'd see how he gets on the first day, then maybe suggest it. He thinks he's going to be bombing down the mountain with his Dad! He's had 4 lessons at the SnowDome and thinks he's Bode Miller! I must admit skiing does seem to be his 'thing'. Besides I want him to be with us as much as possible. Although ESF sounds good for him. I might try this Eric guy out at ESF as well.

Solneige is a bit out of the village so unless you stayed there unlikely to have come across it.

I'll definitely take cards then for the ATM, thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Armitageblue, I don't think there is anywhere in the village that would change sterling, the ATM seems to be it (it is down near the nursery below and to left of cablecar). I used credit cards for almost everything - most places took them as long as you spent at least 15 euros. Didn't see Solneige, we were right in the centre of the village, but did have a good walk round. Our children loved the ice rink, but yours may be a bit little for that, they also liked the swimming pool (though I thought it was a bit chilly!) I think you are off tomorrow - have a great time!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Solneige isn't in Vaujany - it's a mile or so down the road which leads to it. I know people who have stayed there and thought it was very good
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well we are off to Vaujany today! I'll post upon my return to let you know how we got on. Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Armitageblue, have fun I'm sure you will love it, think the snow is good now snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just to let those that are bothered know that we got back safely from sunny Vaujany late Saturday.

We had a great time and the skiing was good. The gondola link was fantastic and the resort was very quiet, in a way I'm dreading the queues in Austria at half term after being spoilt in Vaujany.

Solneige, which as Arno says is down the road in Porcherry, was absolutely fantastic ( if you like dogs), the food was faultless and we were well looked after by the owners Jan & Mirjam and their help in the form of Michel and his wife Moraine(sp?).

We tried Les Aurielles but felt more at home at La Grange by the Alpette station as there was more seating outside in the lovely sunshine and their tomato omlettes were great!

Ski hire was much cheaper at Atou Ski compared to Sami Ski.

My son and I had a 1 hour lesson with our own ESF tutors and found it extremely beneficial. ( I'm now nearly edging my turns as opposed to skidding)

Thanks again everyone for your advice prior to our trip. We would definitely visit Vaujany again but there are many other places we want to visit first.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy