Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Motorcycle clothes --> Ski clothes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ErwinJ, Unless your preferred mode of transport is a Tardis I think you meant 2007 ! Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, here's the report.

Risoul was loads and load of fun, to start off with Smile

About the clothing, worked like a charm. The extra padding meant for winters had to be removed however, otherwise it was too hot. When removed I stayed at a nice temperature, even when skiing a lot in the quite warm weather.

The only problem I encountered were my gloves. I only took my winter gloves with me, thinking that it would actually BE winter in the Alps. I should have taken my summer gloves as well, so I could have used those. The only part of my body overheating were my hands, so I skied with sweaty hands for the whole vacation basically.

Luckily, they have snow-machines in Risoul. I actually skied on slopes where the only snow was on the slope, and next to the slope was just grass... This entire global warming thing is getting me a bit fed up by now Evil or Very Mad

Conclusion:

Motorcycle clothes can serve quite well as ski clothes, they are not too warm, nor too heavy, nor too restrictive. You should take the summer/autumn outfit however instead of the winter outfit (this includes the gloves, wintergloves are TOO warm). If at all possible, probably just take both Wink Since motorcycle gear is usually convertible between summer/winter modes, all you need to take 2 pairs of are the gloves.

Hope I helped the pool of knowledge grow a little bit larger Smile

Greetings,

Erwin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Erwin, thanks for the update. I've skied in motorcycle clothes before - but it was waterprrof/breathable off road enduro gear. I found the added shoulder, elbow, back and knee protection gave me a lot of confidence. I did wear ski gloves though.
Thinking this year I might take my Dainese armour to wear under my ski jacket - I know that works well after binning my bike at 60+ MPH on forest tracks and in woods on numerous occasions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ErwinJ,
Glad it worked out and that you had a good holiday.

I guess my motorcycling days were quite a while back and things have moved on Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depends if you have race kit hehehe
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy