Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes winter 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
debbi, tried them out today, but the light was so flat I couldn't do much (quite bad at flat light), so I couldn't really tell what the set-up was like, though the board is noticeably stiffer than my other one and probably a bit faster. Sun came out at 15:00 ............. which was when I started work. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lizzard, should have hung in there! The light was flat in the morning, and it was very windy on the glacier but the snow on Signal was just fab - about 3-4 cms fresh on firm corduroy ... We did it several times Very Happy Very Happy . After a bit we skied down the Breche (hard corduroy just above 2,600m but not icy) and then on to toura and Grand Nord. Snow on GN just transforming and about 10cms soft sugar on firm base, deversoir open to lovely spring snow and Combe du thuit ditto (big brown bit at the bottom where the avalanche went down) ...... Cretes disgustingly boggy, everywhere else fine. I couldn't believe how good it was (skied down around 111.45 to Cretes). Hardly anyone around. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy sunny at the mid-afternoon, and managed to get home in time to watch the Grand National too. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, I know the snow was nice, but unfortunately I can't board with any competence when I can't see. Hoping for sunshine on Monday and Tuesday.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, forecast looking good. Pam W and Mr are coming over this week - fancy a drink?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes please! Lizzards are keen to meet 60+ boarder and beers are the way forward as ever. PM with RVD.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Very hot today, very sunny and the low snow is running off the mountain. the first crocuses (crocii?) are coming out and there is visible green on the lower face Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snow seemed OK everywhere, but obviously it's slush city on the Cretes after about 11.00. will try to remember my camera tomorrow. Any requests?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, I love those pics of the wild flowers!!! Very Happy Bon printemps!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Reading your last post, I was remembering the first ski days this season in L2A, good days......

Despite all news and TV informations about lacking of snow overally, I think you have had a pretty decent season (as the rest of highest alps resorts, you can see my easter photos of 2 of them in the Tignes snow report post), thanks for all your snow reports.

When is the closing date in L2A???
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AlTom, I believe the weekend ending the EOSB (28/29 April). I'll be there on the 28th with easiski... snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, I'm so happy - hd enough snow now!

AlTom, Sat 28tjh is the last day. La Grave open a couple of days later.

ssh, We have a party to go to on Sat night - 10 years of Ski Extreme (my friend's shop). You're coming too!!! Brush up on your french!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, not so much of the + please! I am only just 60 and when I have my helmet, goggles and neoprene face mask on I don't look a day over 54 from behind in poor visibility.......... Looking forward to a beer or two. snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My name is James and I'm the boy in a green jacket and orange boots in easiski, picture at the bottom of the Valentin. It was my dream to ski this slope and I had a great time in LDA and Charlotte is a great teacher. Thank you Charlotte

from James aged 9

( who is expressing the sentiments of the rest of us who also had a fantastic week! - Annie)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Annie, JAMES , very well done Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski wrote:
ssh, We have a party to go to on Sat night - 10 years of Ski Extreme (my friend's shop). You're coming too!!! Brush up on your french!
Oh-oh... What French? Embarassed Embarassed Confused
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
James Thank you - it was lots of fun having you all here last week - the place seems positively empty without you!

ssh, Jutta (who's shop it is) is actually german, and many of the peeps will speak english, but "bonjour, ca va, merci, je n'aime pas George Bush" would be a good start! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

First pic is looking up at Chalance from the end of the flat bit of Les gours;
second one is of avalanches on the north(ish) wall of Le Fee
and the last one is of avalanches on the west(ish) wall of Le Fee.

Pretty spectacular huh? It was extremely hot again today - quite ridiculous - I still haven't shut the door to my balcony!
snow conditions
easiski, Natalie and I skiied all the way down Les Gours from La Toura to La Fee and up the chair to Les Cretes on Saturday morning. The avalanches down there were really scary especially the one that had crossed the run and then been cleared by the piste basher. Were they blasted or did they occur naturally?

PS shouldn't that be Je deteste George Bush? wink
snow conditions
Colin B, blasted, and yes - but I thought he might not - aparently lots of them voted for the evil beast.
snow conditions
easiski wrote:
Jutta (who's shop it is) is actually german, and many of the peeps will speak english

We just spoke German with her Wink
latest report
eng_ch, She will have enjoyed that, the other day she was saying that she's losing it as she doesn't speak it often enough and now substitutes french words! Shock
snow conditions
easiski, that's one reason I have to make sure I go to the UK every year (despite personal preferences Wink ) and using boards like snowHead is useful
latest report
on thursday on the way down to La fee the avalanche did not seemed planned as we had to take off the skis and climb over the rough snow to get back to the groomed and skiable run

very nice week but far to hot at 1650 for ski wear, though the cooler top with a strong breeze was refreshing even if there was a white out

will sort out the many pics and try and post one or two
ski holidays
I too am not convinced the La Fee avalanche of Thursday was planned. It had occurred post-grooming and practically blocked the entire road. A similar one a bit further round would have carried people over a cliff!

snowHead
snow report
they later in the day closed the area off and this lead to massive q's to get off the mountain as peoples planned routes were closed, on friday afternoon it seemd planed as they had many snow checks going on and the chopper was used to blast areas of doddgy snow pack
ski holidays
I may have been wrong, the huge one was just under a "spout" though and that whole bit of wall does often avalanche right over the return track. they've been blasting after skiing every night for a good few days now.

Very hot again today, and here's a couple of pix: We (Pam W & Mr Pam W and I watched them working on one of the summer lifts with big diggers etc. Using the buckets of the diggers to push the uprights of the pylons back upright (if you see what I mean) - fascinating stuff. I love seeing all the work that goes on behind the scenes to make it all possible - it's always more than one can imagine.
ski holidays
easiski, As long as the pylons remain unscathed hehehe. I remember your talk on the lift... see... some things do sink in.
snow conditions
Very hot again today. firm but still good snow on the glacier, and skiing down to 2,600m around 13.30 was OK. Mura was very nice as was moonland off piste. got a bit heavier nearer the bottom of Toura and Lac Noir chairlifts. I left Pam W & Mr Pam W to have a bit of lunch and then go back up to the glacier to get in some more prctise. this pis is (really) a marmotte. I know it looks like a rock, but it was moving! I've seen one nearly every day for a week now (not the same one of course). the warm weather is clearly cheering them up. Very Happy
snow conditions
A tiddly bit chillier today, mainly due to the wind. snow was firm on the glacier mid-morning, but nice and soft on the way down to 2,600 and down the signal. grand Nord was fabby about 14.30 (hardly skied at all), the path was rubbish of course. It's now raining in the town and hopefully snowing higher up - how much higher up only time will tell though.
ski holidays
easiski, I seriously have no idea what I'm looking at in that photo of yours. I've googled Marmottes and can't see one of them, I think I see a footprint . . . rofl I can't tell if its taken at the top of a mountain looking into a valley or if its just a ditch. Seriously, I've spent ages trying to work it out. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Leis wrote:
easiski, I seriously have no idea what I'm looking at in that photo of yours.

Likewise. Studied it a while too and googled Marmottes as well but still none the wiser.
latest report
MhicEasmuint,

They are wee beasties, but I can't see it either
snow conditions
Cheers, a sort of rodent i take it.
snow report
It's one of these: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=598432#598432

and can be 'seen' in the target circle just at the bottom of the snow - I think! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
http://www.uwesu.net/subphoto/albums/tom%20alps%203/DSC00351.JPG a normal looking one as seen in vernosc(??)

http://www.uwesu.net/subphoto/albums/tomfrance2004/DSCF0016.JPG a modified one as seen in briancon old town
latest report
It looks like a large stone in the middle of the lighter circle - they're quite well disguised, but I promise you it was onw, and it moved! Heard marmottes today but didn't see any.

www.themarmotteburrow.com I think should do the trick. Very Happy
snow conditions
So on Sat afternoon I took ssh up our mountain, i think he was a bit surprised! We actually had pretty good snow. He's already psted his photos, We couldn't get to 3,600m but skied the Echines des Chevres, and then made out way down via Envers de Signal, Breche, Toura, Grand nord bis (off piste) to Bellecombe, Grnad Nord again and thence to the Valentin. Firsts for him included ducking under the closed barrier, skiing on mud, and even thinking of going where we went!

The evening included a party for the 10th birthday of Ski Extreme, and a most excellent meal at the Blue Salmon,

Yesterday we went to La Grave with Paul Mck. The glacier snow was surprisingly hard, the day was (obviously) punctuated with a lot of coffee stops and photo stops. We skied the Vallons to the mid station in the end. We only had to take out skis off to get onto the snowfield at the top and for a little bit to get onto the traverse. I suppose you could have skied on down and walked to P1 - but it would have been a hellova walk - not for the end of the season.

So - a pretty good end to the season and a few firsts for ssh - have fun back in Colorado Steve - and get some comfy boots!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
not bad for SSh's first trip then, Trois Vallees, Les Deux Alpes and La Grave!!!!

You've spoiled him Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy