Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teaching or Guiding in the Alps on the sly

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First introduced in the snowboarding forum by roastingdave but I thought this topic needed wider comment.

Are there members with experience of working in other countries in Europe or that have more upto date info than I had from back in Sepetember.

Quote from snowboarding forum.

"Have just been reading all this chat about teaching in France. Interesting, how many of those that have commented are Instructors themselves I wonder.

The rules as I have been told by French Federation for this coming season are:

1. You should have BASI 3 or something equal to this. I believe that the NZ qualifications meet this,
2. You need to registar with a Ski school as a Stagiere or with the ISIA,
3. You should have a valid First Aid/Avalanche course certification and have passed either the Euro test or Ski Technique unit. They are not quite the same thing but very similar.
4. For Snowboarding you can now work in France under the same terms with a Snowboard school, you know longer have to be a ski instructor. However this is the first year with the new rules, wonder how it will work. The French lost the case, or should I say everyone came to a compromise.
5. Whatever you are teaching, you must get liability/legal insurance for yourself and to cover those you are teaching in-case of any problems, 'accident or legal' people will always try to claim you were negilgent if they think it is possible to claim money, so you need to be covered for this. An absolute must.

Which resort are you going to, PM me if you want more advice or contacts depending on where you are going. Your best bet for regular work is to go to an English speaking Ski/Snowboard school. Contact them now, do not wait. Local tourist office will have a list. By the time the season starts most good schools already have all there instructors, but you might get lucky. If you just go ahead without checking all the things out that I have listed, be careful, it can be done, and does give you extra cash, keep to guests/friends in your chalet, but do it very quietly. I have done both, lots of hassle either way.

Good luck"
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jasonc, Yes - Snowboard instructors no longer have to be ski teachers (national) - that's a relief to many, however any snowboard instructor considering working "black" or independently really MUST play the game, as many others worked really hard to get this changed. Lots of them were French BTW as well. The original case was brought by a German instructor who works here, but it's been 18 months before they agreed to everyone and not just him. A few "idiots" could ruin it for all serious snowboard teachers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, I thought you could teach skiing too with BASI 3, so long as registered as a Stagiere and with the slalom speed test?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges, you are correct, that is what i just wrote, see first post.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy