Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is a quiver of skis normal, globally?

Poster: A snowHead
ssh, Oh No! I didn't miss it. In fact I got two coming. One for me and one for my husband.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssh, .......the... "I am going outside now and I may be some time.....", type of trip,

or,

....."See you at the EoSB".....type of trip.....!!! Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnowHot wrote:
ssh, Oh No! I didn't miss it. In fact I got two coming. One for me and one for my husband.
Then why do you think you can only take two pair with you?!?!?! NehNeh snowHead Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BernardC wrote:
ssh, .......the... "I am going outside now and I may be some time.....", type of trip,

or,

....."See you at <b>the <a href="http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=9948">EoSB</a></b>".....type of trip.....!!! Very Happy snowHead
Outside now? the EoSB? What are you asking?

snowHead Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssh, Well......I really think its important for me to consider some of my luggage weight for boots,helmet, clothing.........ya know!

BernardC, you must forgive ssh. He really likes things spelled out for him. NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SnowHot wrote:
ssh, Well......I really think its important for me to consider some of my luggage weight for boots,helmet, clothing.........ya know!

In the US cabin luggage is spelled "C A R R Y - O N", no?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex wrote:
SnowHot wrote:

In the US cabin luggage is spelled "C A R R Y - O N", no?
Perhaps SnowHot doesn't know to carry her boots onto the plane with her? Hmmm...?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowHot, Well, if the sole length is 289, then you should come to the EOSB and we can swap boots for a run, just so you can try the original and best Flexons!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, something tells me we'd have too much fun.
You know my ski buddy, Flexon Phil says..........If you can't ski fast in a flexon, a Krypton isn't going to help you.

ssh, I have plans on carrying on my boots, and my laptop. For Traveling ease, I'll find a way to ski with a measly 2 ski quiver at Stowe.

comprex, Is there any other ski in particular you would like me to bring for you to try?

Keep in mind Stowe is a month away. That quiver may change in that time. Laughing Laughing Laughing wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnowHot, I've already had words with Phil - he needs to change his name as he's now espousing the copy over the original!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski wrote:
SnowHot, I've already had words with Phil - he needs to change his name as he's now espousing the copy over the original!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Never, The Flexons are in my heart, the Kryptons are on my feet. Cool Plus "Krypton Phil" just doesn't have the "ring ". Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I want to know why Marc hasn't shown his quiver pic. Does he have feeling of inadequacy toward me? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SnowHot, I was going to, until you posted yours. Mine now looks like I'm not trying hard enough.

Oh well

........and they're not even all mine Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill, A few things I noticed. The binding on one of your Looks is not released. Did you, perhaps have prerelease issues on the other?
Also, the Supersports appear to be the Gamma's. Are you skiing ladies skis now or is the colour just off a bit.

What bindings are you putting on yoru Salomons?

Not much overlap in that quiver, which is the most important thing. Nice! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SnowHot, cheeky mare!!

Mine are Dynamic and Dynastar (I only buy French skis starting with the letter "D") and the bindings on the Legends have been backed off for storage so are floppier than a floppy thing in floppy town.

The Gammas and Salomons belong to my social secretary; who is having some Rossi bindings I found on ebay on the Salomons evn though they don't match her boots or skis for colour. Twisted Evil
snow report
marc gledhill, Does the social secretary like the gamma supersports? I had the 5* and really enjoyed it. Loaned it to my baby sister(she's 26, not such a baby), after that loaned it to a friend who bought it from me. BABY sister got sad so I found her a used Gamma Supersport. She is very excited to try it when we get some significant snow. She's not nearly as aggressive as I am.
snow report
Flexon Phil, But now it does seem as though the Flexon will be made again - hoorahh! I might avoid having to wear the VERY REVOLTING SHADE OF YELLOW shells that I have under my bed. Little tiger's seen them and agrees they are an absolutely disgusting colour! Out with the mud I think...
ski holidays
easiski, OTOH if you can't hide it make a feature of it Twisted Evil
latest report
SnowHot, thanks, but I expect I'm more DalPhillo's size.
latest report
easiski wrote:
Flexon Phil, But now it does seem as though the Flexon will be made again - hoorahh! I might avoid having to wear the VERY REVOLTING SHADE OF YELLOW shells that I have under my bed.

With Flexons, the uglier, the better Wink Us old timers took pride in how many color variations we could get into our boots.
snow report
eng_ch, Flexon Phil, I don't have much choice, but seriously - I'll take a photo later today and post it - you really won't believe it. Also I have the old red comp tongues to go on them .... Going green(sick)
latest report
comprex wrote:
SnowHot, thanks, but I expect I'm more DalPhillo's size.

If you are a 305, you are welcome to try what I bring.
ski holidays
306&297. Tinkerbelle is 291.
ski holidays
comprex, I posted a pic of Phil on epic that clearly shows his Flexon Fashion sense. Let me see if I can find it.
snow report
Not a quiver of skis, but the promised pic

Now if that's not a hideous colour I don't know what is - won't stop me skiing on them though! rolling eyes
ski holidays
Hey, that's a lovely colour. They would go particularly well with a nice green ski suit I have Wink
ski holidays
Wot, the boot or the carpet...????
latest report
JT, hahaha - we can't all afford new carpets John!!!! Actually I like that colour, goes well with the rest of the flat!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, yup! Thats the Rraichle I remember.
Not a bad look, just a bit dated, perhaps. wink
snow report
easiski wrote:
Not a quiver of skis, but the promised pic

Now if that's not a hideous colour I don't know what is - won't stop me skiing on them though! rolling eyes

You might get a little more performance and comfort out of them if you use a liner Wink
snow conditions
easiski,

wink Laughing
snow report
Flexon Phil, Yes - well, I have foam injected inners, so didn't buy the inners with the boot. However, these are my next pair so the inners are in the silver and red ones! Very odd that they have Raichle shells and Kneissl tongues??? Shock Shock SnowHot, My original Flexon Comps were black with a red tongue. Much more class.
snow conditions
It just so happens I found the pic I posted on Epic with Flexon Phil sporting his boots.

Is this fashion at its best or what?

snow report
easiski wrote:
Flexon Phil, Yes - well, I have foam injected inners, so didn't buy the inners with the boot. However, these are my next pair so the inners are in the silver and red ones! Very odd that they have Raichle shells and Kneissl tongues??? Shock Shock SnowHot, My original Flexon Comps were black with a red tongue. Much more class.

My first pair fron 85 were Black/Red. then to the VIP's, Black/Silver, Black/Yellow, Black/Green.

snow report
Flexon Phil, Black/yellow is definitely preferable to yellow/black (or yellow/red as they will be when I swap the tongues!) Shock
snow report
marc gledhill, finally someone else who skis on Dynamics!! I have the VR 17 and the 22. Took the 22's to be tuned this season and the tech asked me if I had considered new skis since Dynamic were so out dated - I walked straight out and found a different shop!
snow report
pollittcl, This is the place to talk about your quiver! and BTW how did your weekend go?
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
Flexon Phil, Black/yellow is definitely preferable to yellow/black (or yellow/red as they will be when I swap the tongues!) Shock

Yellow/Red is one of my favorite combos. Very "Mickey-D's" Wink
snow conditions
pollittcl wrote:
marc gledhill, finally someone else who skis on Dynamics!!

Class. You've either got it, or you haven't. Cool
snow report
Flexon Phil, doesn't go with my uniform though. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy