Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is a quiver of skis normal, globally?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, my name is Tricia. I have a ski ownership problem.
I need help. Everytime I see something new in a line of skis, I have to try it, and often have to own it.

Is this a global thing or am I just wierd?Embarassed

On the other hand, I can't stand shopping for clothes, shoes, jewelry or other girly stuff. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sadly it's global.

Works for all other outdoor activities too. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you are both wierd wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
SnowHot, you're weird, but there are plenty of weirdos over here too wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian,

That's the truth....Laughing

SnowHot, I am always on different skis........ My quiver is the hire shop....
I think it saves me loads.....not least with all ther hassle of lugging them around.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, I'm feeling like I'm in good company now.
I must say Epic seems to have more people boasting about their massive quivers, including my somewhat famous Chicks with Quivers thread.
But I haven't posted a recent picture of my skis in some time.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Epic is a little different to us lot.
I think the ski forums are like a bunch of people watching a ski movie in an apres-ski bar.

Snowheads stand around talking about this and that with half an eye on the movie. Topics include the day in general, weather, other places we have skied. Rather a lot of laughing and other people in the bar are getting a bit annoyed at the noise from the snowheads corner of the room. Half of them didn't notice the skier fall, the half that did winced and said "ouch".

Epic gang are earnestly watching the screen discussing whether the skiers fall was due to a knee angle which itself is indicative of an alignment problem or a consequence of a ski that is 5cm too short for him.

The TGR crowd are hooting and hollering and cheering every face-shot, they go mad when the skier takes a fall when hucking the cliff. "FKNA MAN!!!" is the cry. The Epic crowd look askance at them, a mixture of horror and fear and these unwashed rowdy types.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rungsp, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, hugely accurate. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mind you, a couple of years ago, I went to strippers night in The Boot in Whistler, and after five minutes we were all watching the skiing videos. Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer, you're needed over at Epic wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer wrote:
Mind you, a couple of years ago, I went to strippers night in The Boot in Whistler, and after five minutes we were all watching the skiing videos. Embarassed

You need to work on that routine a bit then.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nothing wrong with a nice quiver, although I'm glad I stand in the snowHeads camp in the lights of rungsp's telling description Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's more girls over here.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I did a poll on this somewhere...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=16387

Looks like about 25% of snowHeads have more than 3 pairs...
snow report
SnowHot, .....there's no known cure........... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
rungsp, you have a keen sense of the obvious wink

BernardC, I'm not really looking for a cure. I think I just want a support group, or maybe fellow addicts

BTW........I happen to be one of the Bears who NEVER anylizes my skiing angles but is always ready for the next ski to try. Yup, I'm the female version of Marc, or maybe Phil. Is that sad or exciting? I can't quite decide. Confused
snow report
I have a great quiver and post both here and on Epic...

...my quiver is my Metron B5s. snowHead Laughing Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowHot, the point is, do you count rock hoppers too? For instance I have Fischer WC SCs for everyday wear; Zag Le Rouge for those off pisty days; a pair of first generation snowblades in case I get called to do a snowblade lesson; a pair of mini-skis (139) but also a pair of Volkl P50s for rock hoppers and a new (thanks Snowskisnow) pair of Wedzes in 129. So which ones count???? do I count as they're my professional tools????

rungsp, Brilliant analysis. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
easiski, Absolutly! If you own them you count them.
ssh, yea, yea, the one ski quiver. I own, the "one ski quiver" and many more Very Happy

Now, I remember you talking about adding a super fat to your quiver at the end of the year. I got the Teledaddy(99mm) waist.
You said you may be getting a race ski instead, though, because you had so much fun at the race clinic late in the spring. when will you add to that one ski quiver? C'mon you have it in you, I know you do.
latest report
SnowHot wrote:
Yup, I'm the female version of Marc, or maybe Phil. Is that sad or exciting? I can't quite decide. Confused

I think it's normal and therefore exciting. snowHead Laughing
latest report
marc gledhill, I think I'll go with that description! snowHead
ski holidays
SnowHot, Ah yes - but it's not as though I buy them on a whim or for fun is it? My snowblades are at least 10 years old, my volkl rock hoppers merely the old ones pre fischers ..... For many years I only had one pair - taught everything on them and skied them until they had no more resistance and then bought another pair .... I get AT LEAST 60 WEEKS use out of each pair of skis ....
ski holidays
easiski, it goes like this.
I have some skis in my quiver that are used only occasionally, but I've had them for a while and just can't let them go because they're "fun"!
Here is my current quiver. Not much over lap but a few are for sale
ski holidays
SnowHot wrote:
ssh, yea, yea, the one ski quiver. I own, the "one ski quiver" and many more Very Happy

Now, I remember you talking about adding a super fat to your quiver at the end of the year. I got the Teledaddy(99mm) waist.
You said you may be getting a race ski instead, though, because you had so much fun at the race clinic late in the spring. when will you add to that one ski quiver? C'mon you have it in you, I know you do.
I don't really get the broad quiver thing. I don't like to stop skiing to change skis, and so any ski that I have is going to work well in all the conditions I'm likely to encounter in a day. I may add another pair this year with a longer radius, but I don't really get the big quivers some folks have.

But, that's me. I don't have the money for it, either, and prefer new skis to used ones, so I tend not to go hunting on eBay, etc.
snow report
SnowHot, OOOHHHHH, the prettiest ski boot on earth, the Dalbello Storm. Little Angel
Although i noticed you got the wrap on the liner on the right boot around the wrong way. wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 9-11-06 18:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Whatever floats your boat SMALLZOOKEEPER Very Happy , just so long as it is between consenting adults.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Oh no! not as pretty as it's inspiration - original is always best! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

SnowHot, that's 10 pairs of skis - totally out of order I'm afraid!!! Wish I could afford that many, more to the point, wish I had somewhere to store them! 3 pairs in the ski locker. short ones under my bed! My oldest pair go back to the UK for those mad occasions when I go and ski on plastic!!! The Volkls will be going there next spring. My old Cyberspace have been "poubelled" at last (not the bindings though). They, bless them, lasted 4 seasons (approx 30-32 weeks per year) and died very seriously, but still slid!!! Laughing Laughing

All Pairs with Snowheads stickers of course - hope you all do likewise!!!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski wrote:
All Pairs with Snowheads stickers of course - hope you all do likewise!!!!!
Stickers? On my skis?! Shocked NehNeh
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
SnowHot, OOOHHHHH, the prettiest ski boot on earth, the Dalbello Storm. Little Angel
Although i noticed you got the wrap on the liner on the right boot around the wrong way. wink

Oh My Word! There are two of you!
Phil on Epic also noticed it and reprimanded me. However, I had already noticed it and fixed it prior to his scolding!
Thanks anyway! wink
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

[quote=Phil Pugliese;591697]Some of that looks aweful familier. Note, the right Krypton Storm, the tongue is in there wrong, you don't want it to create a crease.[/quote]

I beat you to the reprimand by 6 minutes Wink
snow conditions
easiski, Well, as usual, there is a story behind how I ended up with all those skis.

The Metrons, and the 724 Motions, were both purchased as my main ski 2 years apart. The little black Porsche P50 was bought because a bargain of a lifetime came up.(I think I just sold those).
The Platinum P50 was a dream of my husbands that he bought for himself and didn't like, so I assumed ownership because I really enjoyed them.
The Volkl Gamma 724 AX3 I bought for $49.99 USD( I could not resist the bargain, and figured they were worth that for the binding alone)
The "the ski" Between the teledaddy and the karma, That purchase was a once in a life time opportunity and a bump specific ski. I can't wait to try them out.
The Teledaddy was a Sierra Trading post deal for $159.99 USD(again, who could pass it up?)
The karma is a given, as every chick needs a twin tip to show the boys what snow spray is all about when she is passing them.
The Burnin Luv is a ski I bought because I told Wear the Fox Hat that IF he demoed girls skis I'd buy them. I've never skied them, and he will be in big trouble if I don't like them

I think the teledaddy's may be up for sale mid season, the p50's, and gamma AX3 are all for sale now.
snow report
Flexon Phil, do you just follow me around to pick on me?
snow report
SnowHot wrote:
Flexon Phil, do you just follow me around to pick on me?

You got a problem with that? BTW, want a piece of candy little girl? its right in my pocket, just reach in. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
There! Are you happy?
snow report
SnowHot, someone else will say it eventually........the boot on the left, which is in fact your right hand (leg) boot, is trailing the boot on the right - which is in fact your left hand (leg) boot. Thus you may need to consider:

a) Remedial surgery to your leg

b) Footbeds

c) New Boots!

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
BernardC, I see you DO know my friends! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Your other friends wonder how many of the above you're bringing, what your bootsole is, and whether you'd be up for a game of swap ONE ski each run.
snow report
comprex, Boot sole on the Dalbellos(289ish). I will be bringing the Luvs and Metrons(according to Phil!) I would love to bring the Karmas also, but I really can only fly with two sets of skis.

Both of the skis I am bringing are system bindings, thus can easily be changed for sole length, and as always I'd love to play Swap. Very Happy

The Divas are lining up for a ride on the burnin luvs. Smile
snow conditions
SnowHot, you mean you missed the Dakine Concourse bag on Steep and Cheap yesterday? Silly girl! Mine is on its way.

Seems I may have to take a long trip sometime this season... snowHead Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy