Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski advice: Nordica Nitrous, K2 Recon, Bandit B3 etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Man, I haven't been on here in a while. Anyway, to whoever brought up the X-wings, fantastic idea. All wood core, great dimensions, just find the one specific to your conditions (width and length wise). I demo'ed the Fury's in Vermont last year, and the edge hold was great, and the ride was very smooth, and could easily be pushed into a higher gear. The Fury's, like most of the X-wings favor a shorter turn radius, but could be mixed up easily.

And as for the width argument, a wider ski isn't necessarily any worse for on-piste conditions, it all comes down to the ski geometry. Nordica this year is offering a huge variety of widths, but even some of their wider skis come in an incredibly short turn radius. The difference is the effort needed to tip the ski on edge and utilize that radius. Personally, I think anywhere around 75-85 mm underfoot is going to be great for an 60/40 on/off piste ski.

And for closing, I've found every K2 I've skied to be kind of lifeless, minus the Cross Comp.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yeaitsdave, Welcome, great post, you're one step ahead of the game, IMO. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another one who finds K2s dead*?

* Except the Public Enemy...that's niiiiice Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm afraid this little test session went down the pan! I've been way too busy at work to get back over to MK for another test session and in the meantime ended up buying a brand new pair of last season's Head IM72s (177 cm). They were just too much of a bargain to pass up and I'm pretty confident they'll be very competent 60/40 on/off piste. I'm off to Big White next week, so that should be a good test for them. I will still demo other skis at MK when I get back home in the new year. It will be very interesting to see if I end up craving something wider for off-piste.

Thanks for all the comments.

UKTM
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy