Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Separatists (The W Team)

Poster: A snowHead
Hi team not to dampen any spirits, just checked the SCGB snow report, and it mentioned warm temps slightly damaging the lower slopes, otherwise off-piste- excellent, piste- excellent. wink Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Liam wrote:
...it mentioned warm temps slightly damaging the lower slopes...

Oh no! Crabapple is my favourite run too! wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As I head to bed tonight- it's absolutely dumping snow in Whistler Village. The road to Squamish has been closed much of the day. I'd conservatively estimate that 50 cm of light powder has fallen in the past 12 hours in the village. Pushing well over the hood of my subaru on the way home- had to stop a few times to dig out the headlights so I could see. So no fear Liam, it's cold again, and the skiing tomorrow will be out of this world. Already more accumulation than the evening of Dec 14th or Dec 24th...... & the temperature is not forcast to rise for the next few days.
BTW- just checked online at W/B for the 2pm alpine forcast. Once again this year, they have been far too conservative, as only 15cm was forcasted for this evening. I was up Whistler doing an avalanche course all day today- the air temp was a constant -8C all afternoon. Hope to get some turns in tomorrow inbetween digging snowpits! This is shaping up to be a stellar year so far!
Happy turns!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks skierguy 75.....this is great news

....so there's no chance of it all disappearing before we come out on the 10th then...lol
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cumulative snowfall so far is 800cm (8 metres!), the snowbase is 300 cm.

Hardly likely to dissapear overnight..... Laughing

28cm of light fluffy stuff in the past 24 hours, 137cm in the last 7 days!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
it looks like its due to get vv cold next week or so...that snow aint going nowhere! man i wanna go so bad!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skierguy_75, Thanks skier guy! I cant believe the amount of snow thats faling, its amazing! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Karlos, which Airport are you flying from? I'm going to Banff on Wednesday from Manchester.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichardB, Hi, we're flying from Gatwick on wednesday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got my boots on in anticipation and about to invent a new recreational pastime - ski boot ironing. Half packed as well and still 4 sleeps to go. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you been doing your tricep dips, geetee? For prising yourself out of the powder... snowHead Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowy, Embarassed not been enough of anything - I am sooo going to suffer! I think I'll be relying on my natural athleticness to keep me out of trouble NehNeh Laughing By the way, it's looking sunny and cold for our first week so we'll be hungry for powder by the time you and Mr Snowy arrive.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why on earth would you iron your ski boots?? Mine are a tight enought fit without anything like that needed!!! Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Robbie wrote:
Why on earth would you iron your ski boots?? Mine are a tight enought fit without anything like that needed!!! Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Geetee is a domestic goddess, didn't you know Robbie. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowy, Ahh, of course, that explains it!

Bless her!
snow report
Snowy wrote:

Geetee is a domestic goddess

less of the domestic, more of the goddess NehNeh
snow conditions
Snowy, Robbie, you may kneel in my presence (in ski boots of course)
snow conditions
I knew I should have stayed away from this thread! (And everything snowy all together). Evil or Very Mad Making me very jeleous... All that snow and I've spent the last week stuck in lecture rooms, polishing shoes, ironing or getting wet, muddy and cold!

But I'll look on the bright side (very few at the moment), that base should last until week three of April, when I might be able to head back out! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
skisimon, we'll try and leave some behind for you snowHead
ski holidays
Early morning, Jan 7th. The view out my front door. Some digging required!

see some snow here!
ski holidays
BTW if you are flying Heathrow-Vancouver then take out extra insurance on your bags There are a substantial number of folk we have skied with so far this year, whose kit in total or in part has been lost by BA, and BA only give you 150 pounds to buy more!

I also know of 3 BA staff in Whistler this week who's luggage was lost and hasn't turned up, (so they are failing their 'own' as well as their customers, ) also one person who left us on Sat got back to the UK Sunday minus one case. rolling eyes

I'm told that BA instituted a new luggage handling system at Christmas, I wonder why they didn't do it 'low season'?
snow conditions
colinmcc, thanks for the tip! For the first time we're flying Air Canada (had enough BMI points to get 2 'free' flights) but some friends are going BA so I should warn them.
latest report
Snowy, are you and Mr Snowy going BA?
snow report
geetee,

Having flown both frequently, I can confirm that the Air Canada flight is far better!
ski holidays
colinmcc, well that is good to hear!! Very Happy I'd read some less than positive reviews about AC so I've been a little nervous about it. Just a shame that you don't get the TV screens in the seat backs though.
snow report
geetee wrote:
Snowy, are you and Mr Snowy going BA?

We're flying BA next week (unfortunately) and Air Canada in Feb.

Mr Snowy's talking about putting his ski boots in his hand luggage just in case. He rang BA and they said that's ok as long as they fit in the overhead lockers.

Thanks for the tip colinmcc. Smile

We've only flown Air Canada once before, to Calgary in 2000. The stewardesses were a bit moody compared to the BA stewardesses, I remember. I wonder if they'll be the same this year... Laughing
latest report
Snowy wrote:

Mr Snowy's talking about putting his ski boots in his hand luggage just in case. He rang BA and they said that's ok as long as they fit in the overhead lockers.

or he could wear them perhaps? Toofy Grin
latest report
Snowy, too funny, I always considerd BA "air travel w. attitude" and found the flight staff on the AC flights much more accomodating.

I agree with geetee, the only downside to AC is the lack of seatback TV's

2 sleeps, jsut 2 sleeps, must start packing...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're also booked with BA for the end of the month. My Other Half says that BA had general luggage problems since December and they're sorting it out... I've suggested ski-boots in hand luggage anyway! Currently havering between excitement at finally booking the holiday, and terror at the cost compared Europe Shocked

17 sleeps to go for us!
snow conditions
Helen101 wrote:
...and terror at the cost compared Europe Shocked

17 sleeps to go for us!

I'd rather pay twice as much to go to Whistler because it's twice the fun of skiing in europe. Very Happy

9 sleeps for me (well perhaps more because I've been doing a lot of sleeping lately!). snowHead
snow report
Robbie wrote:
Snowy, too funny, I always considerd BA "air travel w. attitude" and found the flight staff on the AC flights much more accomodating.

The BA stewardesses in Club World were very nice. Unfortunately we're back in economy until we win the lottery. wink

I can't believe you haven't packed yet Robbie. I've nearly packed and I have a week and 2 days to go!! Can't wait - too excited - I think I might just burst! Very Happy

I'm definitely putting my ski boots in my hand-luggage this time....and if I turn up in all new ski gear (I have my eye on some cerise trousers), it means BA have lost my luggage. rolling eyes
ski holidays
I MUST start packing - aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think the whole office will be glad once i am gone, they are sick of me being excited! Laughing
snow conditions
Good luck Robbie, geetee, Mr geetee, ickle geetee and any other random stragglers that are jetting off to Whistler tomorrow.

See you in a week! Save some snow for meeeeeeeeee!!! snowHead
snow conditions
Snowy, All is good here, snow is just dumping down here today.

Get out here quick....

snowHead
latest report
Yup, lots of powder today!!
ski holidays
Dug the car out this morning...
Skied.... ( some spectacular powder Very Happy )
Got home..
Dug the drive out again , so I could drive in and park the car...

Don't worry Snowy, There'll still be loads of snow next week!
snow conditions
just back after a free night drinking at the GLC bar, and its still snowing............
latest report
this thread always makes me happy ! 29 days to go !
snow conditions
rayscoops, get back to work.

some of us have to sleep now in order to ski powder in the morning.

(ah the bliss of having a ski coach 7:25am lift load, and skiing fresh lines before all the "fresh tracks" paying people.........)
snow report
Hopefully will make it out today snowHead - BA willing!! Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy