Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Separatists (The W Team)

Poster: A snowHead
See you soon simon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep! I really should go to bed, but I'm sooooo excited - it's like being about eight years old on Christmas Eve. Madeye-Smiley

Just a quickie, incase anyone's around now (or by tomorrow morning as I'll probably check eveywhere before I depart), anyone got any experience of the Atomic Gatebusters sessions on Whistler mountain?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Enjoy yourself skisimon, looks like there's plenty of snow (and snowheads) for when you get there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skisimon, So much to do, so little time!

The gatebusters session is great, but stay focussed! I thought you wanted to work on your CSIA1 ! Leave that till after the course/exam!

Of course if you are doing SuperGroups on Blackcomb - you can always ask your instructor to take you through the Pontiac Racecouse (free) - and get him/her to spend a couple of hours working with you in there!

Just make sure your insurance policy covers such things as off piste and entering race courses.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok my Finestone/Hodder book arrived yesterday. I see its very careful to only cover inbounds terrain but sets a very informative and sensible tone as you'd expect when you see the authors' bios. Some of the stuff in there I never really considered skiable except maybe by the local rockstars but I guess with a good early season snowpack some lnes may be opening up (not that I'll be good enough for many of them). So as paul knows I'll be up for taking a spin with the W team one or more days from the 17 onwards.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skisimon, veeeight is right. If you do Gatebusters before you do your CSIA 1 then you'll end up using far too much edge. The CSIA guys like to see a nice controlled skid at the start of your turn and if you do Gatebusters then they'll try and get you to do the opposite.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PS Have a great time!!! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just got back from my gym induction which I've started doing to get in shape for Whistler. I needed a big flapjack to help me recover though... Very Happy

They've got me doing 20 minutes of inclines and flats on the cross-trainer so expect to see me walking up the midstation every day. wink

I was watching a girl get on the cross-trainer after me and do it backwards. I can't see the point of skiing backwards though, although Mr Snowy seems to do that a lot (not intentionally of course!). Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowy,
Quote:

so expect to see me walking up the midstation every day.

yeah right Razz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That sounds like a challenge. I'll race you up one day geetee. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowy wrote:
That sounds like a challenge. I'll race you up one day geetee. Madeye-Smiley

I'll watch from the gondola!! wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
veeeight, geetee, okay then, Gatebusters on my last Saturday, i.e. after the CSIA L1 course!

*Oh yes, have arrived (eventually!). Flight delayed, luckily they held the transfer bus for the two of us on the Heathrow flight! Arrive at the hotel to find that I've got a free upgrade. Let's hope the rest of the trip goes as well!

paulhothersall, I'll give you a call sometime tomorrow (after I've woken up at what may well be 3pm...)

Glad to see plenty of snow though! wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skisimon, got my number?
i will send pm to you
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skisimon, Wooohooo! Free upgrade! Way to go Very Happy So have you been having fun in all that lovely snow?

Snowy, Do you seriously want me to post the photo of you half way up the hike to Flute??? Razz
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geetee, yeah! Plenty of fresh now. Thanks to Kramer pushing me and hels_t we've done plenty in the fresh stuff today. Did anyone mention that we have tonnes upon tonnes of snow...? Madeye-Smiley NehNeh
snow report
Free upgrades fab! Very Happy I'm paying $189 per night for a room that's usually $999! Shocked
snow conditions
geetee wrote:

Snowy, Do you seriously want me to post the photo of you half way up the hike to Flute??? Razz

geetee, Was that the same hike I nearly froze to death on waiting for you lot to get to the top!!? Razz wink
snow report
stuarth, Well I was waiting for Snowy unlike you! NehNeh It wasn't a competition you know. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Hi Guys, am i ok to join the W Team!! One of my first posts round here and the atmosphere on this thread is great, going Whistler for the first time 31st January, as a bit of a treat by the parents for my 21st B,day. Never been that side of the pond and cant wait to see what its like, Great conditions at the mo for this time of the year, lets hope for plenty more dumps throughout the season snowHead : Very Happy
snow report
Liam, Welcome to snowHead and the Whistler thread! I hope the conditions will be just as good in Jan as that's when we'll be out too. However, we leave 2nd Feb so your 1st day will be our last so I don't want to think about that too much.
ski holidays
Liam wrote:
Hi Guys, am i ok to join the W Team!! One of my first posts round here and the atmosphere on this thread is great, going Whistler for the first time 31st January, as a bit of a treat by the parents for my 21st B,day. Never been that side of the pond and cant wait to see what its like, Great conditions at the mo for this time of the year, lets hope for plenty more dumps throughout the season snowHead : Very Happy

sure. see you then

try to think of a role that you want to use to star in/as in the video we will put together.
snow report
skisimon, I hope you're living it up at the Chateau! Wink

Have you started your L1 course yet? What's the name of your course conductor(s)?
snow conditions
geetee, Well actually im stayin in Vancouver for 3 nights first forgot to say, to do a bit of site seeing and all that, to get over jetlag!! Thats not my opinion i will be itching to get to the slopes as soon as we arive... So i wont arrive to the slopes until the 2nd Feb, sorry!! at least you'll be there before me. Smile
ski holidays
Liam wrote:
geetee, Well actually im stayin in Vancouver for 3 nights first forgot to say, to do a bit of site seeing and all that, to get over jetlag!! Thats not my opinion i will be itching to get to the slopes as soon as we arive... So i wont arrive to the slopes until the 2nd Feb, sorry!! at least you'll be there before me. Smile

You might find that the best sightseeing in Vancouver is to take the ferry to North Van then a bus to Grouse Mountain where curiously enough there is a ski area with fine views of the city wink
ski holidays
Liam, yes I read that there's a nice restaurant at the top of the cable car on Grouse mountain if anyone needs persuading to go there wink
snow report
geetee wrote:
stuarth, Well I was waiting for Snowy unlike you! NehNeh It wasn't a competition you know. rolling eyes

I was just wondering how I managed to take a photo looking back down the hill at you Gill? Do you want me to post the picture?? I have it right here. It's no problem! NehNeh wink
ski holidays
Sorry Gill! I know I should respect my elders. wink
latest report
Gemma Little Angel , miiiiiaaaaaaoow! IIRC this was never about my athletic capabilities. I know I'm not in any fit state to trudge, sorry crawl, up to midstation but I'll be happy to cheer you on with stuarth from the gondola. Laughing (again, yeah right NehNeh )
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I didn't actually think the hike up Flute was that bad - it was the hike out that nearly killed me. Skullie
latest report
geetee wrote:
I didn't actually think the hike up Flute was that bad - it was the hike out that nearly killed me. Skullie

a big hurrah for the Symphony Express!!! snowHead
snow report
stuarth, yes but the hike out was still worth it for the run down Flute and I'd have done it again if we'd had the chance. Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm with stuarth on that one, come on the Symphony Express Laughing
snow conditions
I agree, there's a lot to be said to not walking up hills (however much I'm great at walking up hills! wink ).
ski holidays
geetee, I still think getting face-shots down Boomer Bowl with Niko was better than the 20s ski down Flute! ...plus no uphill walk was involved!
ski holidays
Robbie, Laughing Now if only they could install another lift up to Boundary Bowl......
latest report
geetee, Isn't that the Sympony Express? Confused wink
snow report
stuarth, duh - I suppose it is Laughing Geography was never my strong point
ski holidays
tee hee hee geetee,
ski holidays
http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/wallpaper/image_5/image5_800px.jpg

Does anyone know where this picture was taken from? And don't say 'Whistler probably'. rolling eyes

(By the way, you can tell me without saying "durrr", geetee!)

I'm sure I've asked before but I can't remember.

And while you're at it, can you tell me where this was taken from:
http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/wallpaper/image_8/image8_800px.jpg

It took me a while to figure this one out. Smile
snow report
Snowy wrote:
http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/wallpaper/image_5/image5_800px.jpg

Does anyone know where this picture was taken from? And don't say 'Whistler probably'. rolling eyes

(By the way, you can tell me without saying "durrr", geetee!)

I'm sure I've asked before but I can't remember.

And while you're at it, can you tell me where this was taken from:
http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/wallpaper/image_8/image8_800px.jpg

It took me a while to figure this one out. Smile

durr, 1st photo is on whistler. Think of the lake position in the back ground, and look at the fencing in the lower part to get the location. dave murray runs right to left above fence line, red chair base would be just out of bottom left corner. bear paw is top right run, and top (top) left is tokem. Helicopter picture.

2nd photo is from a helicopter approx 500m directly above the glacier skiout, very (ground wise)close to base of excellerator chair, looking at glicier lodge on blackcomb.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 15-12-06 10:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy