Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helen Beaumont, We did four nights with the Berthod, so could be worth a try, although it might depend when you are going (ours was not during school holidays).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AxsMan, nor will ours be, a trip without the cash-gobblers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, Result! Very Happy

The Berthod is advertising prices per night (starting around 75 Euros) so it looks like they don't insist on whole weeks. They do speak English, and the Grandma, though Italian, speaks French.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AxsMan, thanks, I'll email them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Helen,
We've been to Courmayeur a few times, it's great if the weather's bad in Chamonix. I really like it , it's got a nice family atmosphere, you don't seem to get much attitude there. Also the restaurants on the slopes are excellent, lovely Italian mountain food. I seem to remember it has some nice tree runs too. Let us know when you'll be there, we might be able to join you!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
They do speak English, and the Grandma, though Italian, speaks French.

More people there speak French than English (or used to). French is the first (after English) language taught in school. If you speak French you'll be fine language-wise there.
You could try the Camosci, as it's out of town a bit they don't often get as full as the hotels in town so they may be happier with a short-term stay. If you explain about the dog, they may be able to find a room a bit out of the way (the way the hotel's laid out means this should be possible).

When the gondola in Dolinne opens, that may be a better place to stay. There's a nursery slope there, and when the snow's good there's a run down to the village (it's basically down the road). The village is small but there's a ski hire shop or two, and a couplw of other little shops there, plus a bus service to Entreves & Courmayeur.

The six-man chair at Pra Neyron would be welcome as it's normally the chair with the longest queues at Plan Chercrouit, though the obvious slope down from the top of that chair (which joins up with the one down from Zerotta) can get a bit crowded already - I thought the slow chair thinned the skiers out quite nicely (though I guess large groups will always wait for the last person anyway).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
it's great if the weather's bad in Chamonix.

Yeah the general opinion is if it's good on one side, it's bad on the other. Or vice versa. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone know where the Ristorante La Grolla is? We have been offered an apartment owned by them, on the ski slopes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skanky, do you know of any ski schools in courmayeur that do group lessons ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hells Bells, Take the Entreves cable car up to Pres de Pascal and ski towards Zerrotta. Just past the Peideint chair lift is ..... https://ristorantelagrolla.wixsite.com/winter Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimastaaah wrote:
@Hells Bells, Take the Entreves cable car up to Pres de Pascal and ski towards Zerrotta. Just past the Peideint chair lift is ..... https://ristorantelagrolla.wixsite.com/winter Very Happy

Now the question is, did she find it when she was asking 17 years ago Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy