Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How often do you fall?

Poster: A snowHead
snowball wrote:
slikedges wrote:
maggi wrote:
slikedges wrote:
Anyone still with me?

No. Have you got it on video? Little Angel

Not likely! Laughing
Wiped it did you? wink

Certainly wiped out! Very Happy

Some time this season, I'll post a video of myself skiing for my fellow sH edification (read:amusement).

I don't fall much on piste except if doing some kind of skiing on wrong leg kind of exercise or steep(ish), big(gish) moguls. Off piste, I fall all the time if deep, heavy, crusty etc etc. When it's not deep, heavy, crusty etc, I only fall a lot of the time. wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As I said I fall about twice a week. I am usually doing something stupid when I fall.
2 seasons ago at Pra Loup I shot down a slope and went to cut the corner to a chairlift. I was going fairly fast. Right in front of the chair was a 4ft drop which I went over rather unexpectedly. I actually landed the jump, (which was a surprise), but then only had about 20ft to stop, which I didn't so had to bail out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always on bumps. I know I can't ski them so I know I'm going to fall so I get it in early to get it over with! rolling eyes Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got to fall atleast twice a day. If I don't I'm not trying hard enough to have fun. Falling off bar stallshowever I usually limit to once or twice a week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, the main purpose that I seem to encounter is little kids. If they don't let go of the lift, they will go swinging right round it, airbourne. In most cases, if the lifty doesnt realise the "magic wand" will be caught by a dangling ski/pole/child causing the lift to stop.

Another example is if people fall over on the bend, and again the lifty doesnt notice, somebody would ski into the wand to avoid the bodies, causing the lift to stop until the problem is sorted.

Yeah, it's a pain in the back bottom when lazy skiiers just go straight into it, without realising, but it's the fun of health & safety ;]
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Who falls the most at the top of the chair lifts - boarders or skiers?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who falls most from T-bars, skiers or boarders?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bob, my money is on boarders for both - i try to avoid the big 6 man chair lifts if there is a crowd of borders on ahead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You are right. It's also enormous fun to see a badly loaded chair swing violently as everyone gets off one at a time. Leaving one last die hard usually on the far left or right hanging on, and wondering if they have to go all the way aroung again. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Twice a season skiing
Twice a week in lift queues
Twice a night in the bar wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bob, I've fallen over laughing at a pile of about 8 boarders and skiers trying to vacate the landing slope as more and more people come a croper trying to avoid the pile up.

I know I shouldn't!

I think we should start a new gallery of unfortunate incidents. Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The new 8 seater chair's (like Arpette at Plagne should be a recipe for disaster but seem to work well Evil or Very Mad wink Laughing

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 17-09-06 13:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, On a serious note (and its unlike me) I've seen a few nasty injuries coming off chair lifts and one poor boy who fell off the chair before reaching the piste - broke his back.

What surprises me is there isn't a net system to catch people before they hit the ground - amazed the insurance companies don't insist on one - just the last 50m when you lift the safty bar.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oldsnowie, Even more surprising are the one's in the Old Colony with no safety bars at all Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, very scarry Skullie

I guess it could be worse - Ben Nevis summer 2006 - Cable car slides off teh rail!
snow report
oldsnowie wrote:
boredsurfin, very scarry Skullie

I guess it could be worse - Ben Nevis summer 2006 - Cable car slides off teh rail!

Yep, that doesn't bear thinking about! Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy