Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off Piste In The Arlberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some good routes in there, but I would advise EXTREME caution in Schongraben that you don't go too low and too far left and enter the Torli Couloir. It is a really dangerous, but inviting couloir with a huge overhang above. Even on low risk days if anything comes off that overhang it will wipe out anyone in the couloir. Skied it once by mistake, and was in hindsight foolish and lucky. Last death in there was a boarder last year who got lost.

With the new lift from Warth to Lech, it opens up the possibility of skiing off the back of the Mattunjoch past the bottom of the Vallugabahn T bar and into the off piste terrain that brings you down to Steeg. From there a bus can be caught to Warth (about 20 minutes), and there back to St Anton. This is a 1500m descent completely backcountry, but shouldn't need touring skis. I've never seen any tracks heading down there before this season, and I can't find any mention of the route in English websites (the Arlbergers probably keep it to themselves), but has anyone tried it? There looks on the map to be a fairly difficult cliff to negotiate, but I'd be interested to know if there is a route?

Going out 13-20th Feb and will be taking a guide for the trip over to Lech for one day. We may have a spare place if anyone wants to join us.

Cheers

Couloirjunkie
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy