Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crimes of fashion

Poster: A snowHead
Charlatanefc, Didn't we do that every night last year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, you did with yer worrying shorts and sandals combo Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, the Italians are usually as you describe but I have seen a few here wearing Prada and at the end of last season there were a few in 50's retro that looked really good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is a crime ......

http://www.skidancing.com/gallery.htm
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I came across a website last year dedicated to shocking one-peice finds in the Alpes, the evidence goes back quite a few years (wish I could remember the sites address). Good for a giggle, though I went through it thoroughly and with trepadation as I could well have featured in it about 15 years ago!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Does a fleece hat with horns on count?

At least the Italians don't generally do silly hats. In fact, the one-piece wearers don't generally do silly hats, which seem to be mostly a young Brit failing. Maybe all those sludgy colours make people want to show some kind of individuality? My favourite on-slope entertainers are the Elvis impersonators.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
sarah@alpedhuez, www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FenlandSkier, wow, a fleece hat with horns, i want one!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Going for the viking look? <ducks and runs>
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB wrote:
This is a crime ......

Very fetching. I'm not sure if that is the same as ski ballet but I saw easiski fall over whilst trying to demonstrate ski ballet to me. Gosh, aren't I telling tales...........
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FenlandSkier, no, the devil look Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil and i'm coming to get you!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, " My favourite on-slope entertainers are the Elvis impersonators".
My favourite on-slope entertainers are the skiing impersonators. Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
crazy_skier_jules, check on ebay, that's where I got mine from.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier wrote:
crazy_skier_jules, check on ebay, that's where I got mine from.

You actually paid money for that thing? Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brian, yup you're right thats the one!! Thanks.

Speaking of horned fleeced hats and others (whale heads, octopus hats, elephants (with ears and trunk) and the list goes on - I have the priveledge to have sold a huge number of these delights and at 36 euros....... (!!!!) you'd not believe how well they sell.
ski holidays
hels_t wrote:
DB wrote:
This is a crime ......

Very fetching. I'm not sure if that is the same as ski ballet but I saw easiski fall over whilst trying to demonstrate ski ballet to me. Gosh, aren't I telling tales...........

Maybe she was trying not to improve her ski ballet Wink Laughing

easiski wrote:
I don't actually agree that it's necessary to fall down to improve. You usually fall down when you're unstable (most of us that is). If you work on balance and stability and move your progression gently along, then you shouldn't actually fall that much. Of course we all do occasionally. IMO it's to be avoided if at all possible. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
DB wrote:
hels_t wrote:
DB wrote:
This is a crime ......

Maybe she was trying not to improve her ski ballet
Wink Laughing

easiski wrote:
I don't actually agree that it's necessary to fall down to improve. You usually fall down when you're unstable (most of us that is). If you work on balance and stability and move your progression gently along, then you shouldn't actually fall that much. Of course we all do occasionally. IMO it's to be avoided if at all possible. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe she was trying to find the proper attire to match the Burnin Luvs.
latest report
sarah@alpedhuez wrote:

Speaking of horned fleeced hats and others (whale heads, octopus hats, elephants (with ears and trunk) and the list goes on - I have the priveledge to have sold a huge number of these delights and at 36 euros....... (!!!!) you'd not believe how well they sell.

Blimey Shocked , mine was less than a tenner delivered.
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, bonus!!!!
snow report
FenlandSkier wrote:
sarah@alpedhuez wrote:

Blimey Shocked , mine was less than a tenner delivered.

Presumably you were paid the tenner! Brit punters are immediately obvious in lots of places by their poor taste in headwear. Mind you those spikey neon "hair" hats are pretty shocking too - seem to be loved by Swiss & Germans.
snow report
When I was younger I used to have a red ski-hat like a Dickensian long floppy night-hat with a bobble hanging off the end. A girl told me it had a Wally factor of 15, and that the scale only went to 10! NowI come to think of it, I didn't wear it again. I can't think why. Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think this silver suited creature is pretty 'special' ... think she got the little leather backpack at accessorize?

latest report
Looks like a gnome in a space suit. snowHead
ski holidays
agavin, And which one of the Silver Machines is hers I wonder ? Confused
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, You mean the alien mothership?

Actually she walked in circles for a long time so I am not sure she knew either! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Maybe she was walking in circles trying to pick up a good signal.
ski holidays
Or she had one foot nailed to the floor Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Wasn't she on Buck Rodgers? Biddybiddybiddy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I have a sneaking admiration for those who've managed to keep their kit for a long time, aren't swayed by the latest fashions and are more interested in their skying that with whether their kit is "up to date". Perhaps they are the true

We might take the p*ss but they don't spend as much to go skiing as the rest of us.

Too right, bh1, maybe people who have to spend this much time sniggering about other people dress are a bit worried about something????

And people worried about the time others spend sniggering about the way other people dress may also have something to be worried about, perhaps???? wink
ski holidays
I wonder which smurf she is?
snow conditions
stocky, SnowHot middle, 2nd from bottom.

Interesting boots.
snow report
paulm wrote:
I wonder which smurf she is?

No, not the smurfs again!
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Quote:

: Do a teal head band, red sweater, and purple ski pants match
SnowHot, 1 out of 3 aint bad. ie the red sweater.

Surprised no one has mentioned dBiggins' torquoise ski pants. I think they were good pants in their day, but obviously seen some action.

Thanks Frosty, I was feeling left out, those pants will be back next year for more action Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
They'll soon be the 'in colour' again dbiggins. I'll bet you've even skied with people who are younger than 'em.
latest report
FenlandSkier wrote:
They'll soon be the 'in colour' again dbiggins. I'll bet you've even skied with people who are younger than 'em.

Thats true, Charlie and Josh were both post me buying them, I just wish I still had the jacket that went with them, that would be sweet.
latest report
snow report
SnowHot, I didn't like the Burnin Luvs when I tried them!

yeah well everyone - I got a tad unstable with my legs crossed standing still and ..... plop. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think ski ballet/dancing is beautiful to watch. Very graceful. We have an old couple that come here 2 or 3 times a year who do it - lovely to watch. None of this hedeous "got to get down before my mates and see how much I can twist my body with each turn" sh*t. Just slow and graceful...

veeeight, that suit has to be accompanied by a silly pompom hat and a full face mask with big reflective goggles. The terrorist look is alive and well here. Shock
snow report
veeeight, he won't get very far on the slopes with those shoes on wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy