Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crimes of fashion

Poster: A snowHead
The trip to Castleford brought back fond memories of the Crimes of Fashion game played at EOSB. The idea is that when you see someone with a hideous ski suit you have to get a photo, even better if you are posing with them as if they are your best mate.

This yound lad had a rather fetching romper suit that was a cross between Burberry & a train seat. I think he was French, which might go part way to explaining it

But by far the worst I have seen so far is this:-

There are even cases of snowheads with bad taste - think robrar in the hideous green thing and just imagine what sharky"chavvy"mark must have looked in the white creation.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oops forgot to credit Jerry for the Stars photo. Great photos Jerry but that is definitely my favourite
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hels_t,

Yea, but the snowboarder at castleford had the 80's haircut to match the 80's romper suit.

AND he even had the sleaves rolled up for that 'miami vice' cool look Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Odin, are you trying to let him off on some kind of retro excuse? Still looked a tw@t!

There was also another dodgy snowboarder in a fetching black & white outfit. I managed to tell everyone in the queue about
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hels_t,

No, just trying to reinfore what a TW@T he looked. Razz

May have seen the 'black & white' boarder - did he look like he was wearing PJ's Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Odin, yes, something like that. White background with black random spiderswebbish lines on. Yum!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would rather see colurfull ski outfits than the dull, ubiquitous, Man\Women at C+A Skiware the slopes are full of these days.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hels_t, where and when was the bottom 'photo taken? The girl in the blue jacket looks very like a friend's daughter, and the perpetrator himself could be the friend (soon to be ex-friend, obviously).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richmond, the lurvely red with white stars combo was in Val Thorens at the end of April. I think he was in coaching mode with the girl. If that's a friend of yours you can tell him that he has VERY bad taste in ski wear but at least it did cause much hilarity amongst the Lardy crew.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm, a possibility, they were in Val d'Isere around that time, I think. I shall have to make enquiries. I wouldn't put it past him (I wouldn't put it anywhere near him, but that's another story)..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
richmond, excellent. Make him stand in front of the snowheads jury and explain himself.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
richmond, we did keep trying to sidle up to him so we could get in the photo with him (you get extra points for posing with perpetrator) but he kept moving and the cameras kept freezing up.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hels_t wrote:

There are even cases of snowheads with bad taste - think robrar in the hideous green thing and just imagine what sharky"chavvy"mark must have looked in the white creation.

You mean... this?

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof, thanks, I knew someone would have evidence of that one.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think the red gloves and boots are a mistake
latest report
I think the red gloves and boots are a minor detail to be worrying about in light of the rest of the outfit!!!!

Is it true he sold one of these to someone else?
snow report
hels_t, Ah yes - but think of the origins of that suit. Serious brownie points to people actually IN the Les Arcs Ski Club. Very Happy And don't forget John Q had one too. Shock
snow conditions
easiski, what for being thick skinned enough to be seen in that outfit (and lets face it, you are going to be seen!!)
latest report
It looks like a lime version of the 'Youv'e been Tangoed' man. Shocked

you would certainly not be missed in that outfit. I would suggest that a very Large Snowplough should be the thing that DOESN'T miss you. !!! NehNeh
snow report
I think the photo was taken at the Saulire iin Courchevel. The guy was with his brother and a few other OK yahs. I think they had been there for a weeks.
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
hels_t, Ah yes - but think of the origins of that suit. Serious brownie points to people actually IN the Les Arcs Ski Club. Very Happy And don't forget John Q had one too. Shock

You couldn't wear that. It would clash with pink skis. Next season's colour for you, I imagine. wink
latest report
Reminds me of a mate of mine who skied in a BRIGHT YELLOW one-peice and we were always ribbing him about it..we hated it with a vengeance.
Anyway, he had a big fall and ripped the back-side out of it and we thought great, even he can't repair that with gaffa-tape. Anyway, he announced the next year that he couldn't wear that outfit again. Good, we thought he must have taken the hints as they were very heavy hints.......But he had bought a new one in the same f***** hideous yellow one-piece colour.......Arrrggghhhh. We have trained him up now, looks quite smart and even he wouldn't be seen dead in that sort of thing now...

Maybe there is hope yet...Laughing
snow conditions
I was doing some work with a company called Astons Travel and on one coach trip to Austria one of the coach drivers thought he was being very fashionable by wearing one of those multi coloured all in one suits from C&A. I have a photo somewhere at home that I will dig up and scan.

That boarder on saturday looked a right muppet. All him and his mate could talk about was their last trip to Aspen (which might explain the suit wink )
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I think the photo was taken at the Saulire iin Courchevel. The guy was with his brother and a few other OK yahs. I think they had been there for a weeks.

If that refers to the red spotty guy, it wasn't my wasn't my mate, then; he was only there for a week, he wasn't with his brother and he comes from Glasgow, so he's not a yah. I don't know whether to be pleased or disappointed.
snow conditions
richmond, Yes it did refer. I know these facts as I chated to his brother in the terminally slow queue for fast food at the Saulire restaurant. His brother had a similar pair of black & white trousers that he had repaired with dental floss Shocked Shocked Laughing
snow report
I take it everyone has seen this by now ....

http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/
latest report
The problem with the second picture is the trousers, not the jacket. I have a friend who wears that 'Starry' jacket with grey salopettes and while it is a bit outrageous, it doesn't look stupid.

However, add those bottom halves and you have a total disaster!
ski holidays
DB wrote:
I take it everyone has seen this by now ....

http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ha ha

if you think that is bad you need to come to serre che and partake in or at least witness one piece wednesday.

basically every wednesday we all don our one pieces and the most hysterical clothing we can muster and hit the piste. It is shall i say very very amusing! Esp when you see the likes of Noddy Gowans all togged up in his best 70's one piece and 70's sunnies! very amusing!
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
I think the red gloves and boots are a mistake

Dunno 'bout that, the red boots really bring out the goggle tint for a top bottom symmetry in the picture. Well composed. Excepting the gloves.
snow conditions
I really shouldn't post this! Trying to resist! Can't help myself!

Q: Do a teal head band, red sweater, and purple ski pants match?

http://files.colonies.com/UserData/3161610/GalleryPhoto/991502/500x500_5_0_0.jpg

If my friend knows I'm posting, this, he may not be too happy Confused
snow conditions
Quote:

: Do a teal head band, red sweater, and purple ski pants match
SnowHot, 1 out of 3 aint bad. ie the red sweater.

Surprised no one has mentioned dBiggins' torquoise ski pants. I think they were good pants in their day, but obviously seen some action.
ski holidays
SnowHot, who would ever tell your friend???
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
SnowHot, who would ever tell your friend???

I can't imagine any of my new friends at snowheads snitching on me. Or would they? wink
latest report
SnowHot, not everyone on here is a PHILanthropist, you know!
snow conditions

Spotted in les Arcs.
latest report
snowangel., "Noddy Gowans all togged up in his best 70's one piece and 70's sunnies"
He's even got a name from the '70's, too! Maybe his parents were Slade fans.
snow conditions
I have a sneaking admiration for those who've managed to keep their kit for a long time, aren't swayed by the latest fashions and are more interested in their skying that with whether their kit is "up to date". Perhaps they are the true snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Skullie Skullie Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Laughing Laughing

We might take the p*ss but they don't spend as much to go skiing as the rest of us. Wink
ski holidays
bh1,

No, No, No. Shocked Shocked

tramps don't spend as much as the rest of us !!!

SELF RESPECT !!! this is the slippery slope to becoming a 'soap dodger' Shocked

by the way - Noddy Gowans - Godda be a 70's rockstar !! Cool
snow report
Quote:

I have a sneaking admiration for those who've managed to keep their kit for a long time, aren't swayed by the latest fashions and are more interested in their skying that with whether their kit is "up to date". Perhaps they are the true

We might take the p*ss but they don't spend as much to go skiing as the rest of us.

Too right, bh1, maybe people who have to spend this much time sniggering about other people dress are a bit worried about something????
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy