Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Grave trip-Split from Skiing goals thread.

Poster: A snowHead
brian, Long range reckons "abundant" precipitation autumn and early winter for us - bound to be a bit left over! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have we all booked the hotel yet..? or rather paid the deposit..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK, I think we have all paid the deposits ....
latest report
 brian
brian
easiski, no reply from Francois, I get the impression e-mail might not be the best contact for him Laughing

JT, good stuff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep I'm paid - she seemed to know who we were.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, Try 0033 607902454 - best in the evenings!
snow report
 brian
brian
easiski, will do, ta.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, did you ever get anything back from Francois? If we can't get in touch with him we may need to have to try Arno's guy, before he gets booked up.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to recap, We are with Arno for the Sat and then guided for the sunday and monday when Arno and Fatbob leave LG that night. Brian to leaves Tues by 2pm so we can be guided or not that day... but it will be a short day for Brain whatever.
snow report
 brian
brian
JT, sounds about right. I've passed over phoning Francois to GrahamN who can give him a better idea of what you 2 plan for the rest of the week.

easiski, any chance you'll pop over for a Saturday ski or are days off too precious ? Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've asked Anthony if he's free for those dates - just as a back-up if Francois decides he'd rather teach kids in Vaujany than rip up La Grave with us Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno,

I'm easy, and if you know the guy then it sounds good. I don't know how long in advance we need to book but if Francois hasn't got back to us pretty soon then I'd be inclined to get someone who can say yes to the dates.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, Anthony's already booked for our dates. It would be nice to get him or Francois, although I don't think it's a disaster if we don't. We'll certainly be able to get someone through the guide's office nearer the time.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've talked to Graham about this and he has it in mind to call Francois but is a bit busy at the moment.

I might call him myself if we want to get a yes or no. ATM, I feel we still have a bit of time. Unless anyone else has any referrals...???
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT, I should be able to give him a call this evening.
snow conditions
GrahamN,

OK, at least we might know if we need to look elsewhere.

Otherwise, no problem. Cool
ski holidays
All, I've just spoken to Francois, and HE'S AVAILABLE !!!!! He sounded very mellow on the 'phone, so I thought it best to handle any details by email, which I'll do now. He had received brian's email, but doing anything about it seemed to have slipped his mind. He didn't seem particularly definite about any up front deposit (but then he didn't sound very definite about much at all Wink ), so we'll see how that shakes out. He also seemed remarkably cheap (about 20% below what I was expecting)....so good value there too!
snow report
Great sounds good. Thanks Graham for tracking down the elusive Francois.
snow report
 brian
brian
Excellent, thanks GrahamN.
ski holidays
GrahamN,

Well done, Cool Cool Cool

All we can do it puts the dates in our diary, follow it up closer to the time and hope it all pans out.
snow conditions
GrahamN,

Did you mention it could be 7 on the sunday and 5 on the monday..??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great news. I expect Francois thinks were absolutely bonkers for thinking of skiing so far ahead snowHead
snow report
GrahamN, He really is a very mellow fellow. If Francois can't do it then you might be able to get Damian. Let me know if there are any probs. We might be able to arrange a meeting for the Mondial???.....

brian, Saturdays are no longer sacrosanct with all the weekenders and Thurs-Thurs or Fri-Fri etc. Also, unfortunately you're coming in Feb... We'll see anyway. I was thinking more of an evening meal.... Confused
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Globespan have just altered all their Chambéry flight times Evil or Very Mad

So I'm not going to manage any skiing on Tues 27/2 Sad

Bookings must be very poor as they're combining all the weekday Geneva and Chambéry flights. I might see if I can get off at GVA now, the flight lands there at 11.10am so it's just about possible I could get an hour or 2's sliding on the way down, Aravis or summat maybe ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian,

Couldn't you fly down to Heathrow and fly out with us... BA do Edinburgh to Heathrow, you might have to play around with the times a bit.
snow report
 brian
brian
JT, coming in at £128, not outrageous and my car hire could be shared with the Lyon weekenders. I might do that if I can get globespan to cough up a refund. I think their T&Cs will be watertight against it but they might out of goodwill.
snow report
brian,

Hope it works out, you have our flights numbers...or they are posted a few pages back.

That reminds me, I must find my booking confirmation for the flight
I'll see if I have some time to have a look around LG next month
latest report
brian, I know from experience that Ryanair give a full refund (incl ski supplements) if they move a flight by more than 2 hours. Surely no-one can have less customer friendly Ts&Cs than Ryanair??
snow report
 brian
brian
Ok, so Globespan agreed to cough up a refund. My options now are:

- BA same flights as Arno and fatbob plus EDI add on, now up to £142 Neutral
- Easyjet EDI->STN->LYS, £30 cheaper (and I'm thinking I'll hire skis) but a bit more hanging about airports
- Rebook Globespan GVA, which is only £50 but not very convenient

Confused

Arno and fatbob, did you sort out a car and/or Lyon hotel for return yet or are you leaving that later ? If that bit works out reasonably cheap I'd be inclined to go via Lyon with the rest of you.
latest report
brian,

Not sorted a car out yet so would be relatively easy to get a mid size one I guess, was thinking of booking soonish as Feb isn't the easiest time. Hotel neither but there is a cheaper one than the sofitel, which given it will be sleeping only would be the one I'd be onclined towards.
snow report
 brian
brian
fatbob, thanks.

Ok, I've gone with BA out of a paranoid fear of easyjet connections (even with an alleged 4 hour connection time), so I'll see you all at Heathrow.

fatbob, Arno, hope it's ok to share car/hotel at Lyon with you guys. Cheap is good for me, it's not like we're even going to make breakfast Very Happy
latest report
brian, all sounds good. just need to work out what the hotel at lyon airport that isn't the sofitel is called!
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
brian, all sounds good. just need to work out what the hotel at lyon airport that isn't the sofitel is called!

Hotel Kyriad - sounds like its in the commercial zone next door with a free shuttle bus. I suspect its a bit cheaper.

http://www.lyon.aeroport.fr/index.php?module=cms&desc=default&action=get&id=2005051613052539

Folks - been talking to my brother this weekend and he'd be keen to come as well. I guess our main constraints are guide capacity (where we are pretty maxed out if DM & Sophie come along) and hotel space which I know was tight. No problem if he can't squeeze in but thought I'd ask.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob,

I am not sure what our guide will take...... and not sure how 'sure' DM and S are...

I'd have thought that 6 is ok with a guide, but 8 wouldn't be...
latest report
JT,

I guess they were my thoughts. I'll check with DM
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Kyriad seems to be full. There's a campanile 2.5 miles from the airport, €72 for a triple (or twin) room. Can't see anything about a shuttle but a couple of 2.5 mile cab trips can't be that much.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
fatbob, we've a twin + triple booked at Edelweiss, I doubt they'd have a problem making it 2 triples,

info@hotel-edelweiss.com or +33 (0) 4 76 79 90 93

I think the woman running the place is Dutch, her English is excellent at any rate.

edit: of course you've already phoned with your deposit, d'oh!
ski holidays
I'll do some digging on hire cars etc

Brian

Did you call the Kyriad? Seems unlikely it would be booked so far out, maybe their booking system isn't up & running. If you didn't I might give them a call.

DM has said to proceed assuming they are not going, as they ar estill up in the air re their plans so if no one has any objection I'll see if we can squeeze my bro in.

Thanks
snow report
 brian
brian
fatbob, no, that was using their website http://www.kyriad.fr

It would let me book that night at other Kyriad hotels near Lyon, I guess a call wouldn't hurt though.

No probs re your bro.
latest report
Arno & Brian

Phoned the Kyriad at Lyon airport - loads of room, the girl said internet booking probably hadn't been released Euro 72 per twin room. 24 hour shuttle bus runs every 1/2 hour to airport.

Car hire - using a discount link to Hol Auto can get Intermediate Van (Scenic, Multipla etc) at £78.30 for 3 days or 2x 2 door economy (Fiesta etc) at £53.10 each (not fact. Given 4 blokes (& 4 lots of skis I expect) what does everyone think? Ski rack is Euro 42 a day on the van so maybe 2 ecomomies would be a better bet?

Brian

Have you called the Edelweiss yet re your 1 night earlier departure - if not I'll call them tomorrow to see if I can rearrange to accomodate my bro & let them know (3 twins I guess is preferable then JT & Graham can just stay on)

Cheers
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy