Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overnight rifugio recommendations at Dolomiti Superski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have the opportunity to ski at the Dolomiti Superski areas next week and am scrambling to book rifugios on the slopes. Can anyone recommend a favorite rifugio that I can try to book - I know it's last minute! I've stayed at Fermeda (below Seceda), Des Alpes, Baita Cuz, Scoiatoli, Averau, Lagazuoi, and Duca D'Aosta. I have to cast a wide net due to the spontaneous nature of the trip and I was hoping to try some new rifugios. I ski seven days and stay six nights in rifugios on the slopes, preferably away from any roads. I love that you can do this in the Dolomites! Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
great idea
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alchemist, there is a trip report on here somewhere with a tour of refugios.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our own wiigman

https://www.fall-line.co.uk/type-1-touring/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, this one from HeidiAmsterdam?
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=109190#2494249
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fun weather shaping up for this trip. I booked rifugios Baita Cuz, Lagazuoi (tram is closed today due to weather!), Averau, a hotel in Pescul, and one in Campitello di Fassa. I’ll post a trip report when I’m back!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Alchemist, sounds fun. Do you ski with all your stuff on your back, and if not...? thx
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scooter in Seattle, yes, I walk out of my hotel in Bolzano with my backpack on and in my ski boots! I walk to the bus station and take the 30 minute ride to the Suisi Cabanova. I’m just packing everything up now. I have to fit toiletries, hut slippers, water bottle, hut shirt, sweater and pants, extra socks and stuff. On this trip I’ll be bringing my climbing skins, headlamp, chargers, etc. Here in Vermont I ski mostly backcountry, so I’m used to skiing with a backpack. It’s not too bad, however, I typically like to stay in the same rifugio two nights in a row so that every other day I don’t have to wear the pack. For me, there’s nothing like sleeping in a small Rifugio at the top of a mountain and experiencing the peace that descends as the lifts close and the sun sets and how exciting it feels to wake up before the lifts start and watch the day begin.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Alchemist, sounds awesome, hope you have good conditions.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alchemist wrote:
@Scooter in Seattle, yes, I walk out of my hotel in Bolzano with my backpack on and in my ski boots! I walk to the bus station and take the 30 minute ride to the Suisi Cabanova. I’m just packing everything up now. I have to fit toiletries, hut slippers, water bottle, hut shirt, sweater and pants, extra socks and stuff. On this trip I’ll be bringing my climbing skins, headlamp, chargers, etc. Here in Vermont I ski mostly backcountry, so I’m used to skiing with a backpack. It’s not too bad, however, I typically like to stay in the same rifugio two nights in a row so that every other day I don’t have to wear the pack. For me, there’s nothing like sleeping in a small Rifugio at the top of a mountain and experiencing the peace that descends as the lifts close and the sun sets and how exciting it feels to wake up before the lifts start and watch the day begin.

Perfect excuse for my to re-post this image !! Smile
A screen grab I took of the view from the Lagazuoi webcam one evening

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy