Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where do you keep your liftpass?

Poster: A snowHead
If you don't have a "lift pass" pocket on the sleeve of your jacket - where do you keep your lift pass so that you don't have to get it out to use it?

Trouser pocket? jacket pocket (waist level/chest level)? on a lanyard?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I didn't have a pass pocket I'd keep it in my left jacket pocket and lunge at the panel on any disobedient gates...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Strapped to my left wrist in a home made pouch.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where the sun don't shine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pocket near waist height in salopete, seems fine in height range for adult use, shorter & kids a breast pocket height always works well.

No I don't have to get it out to use it Very Happy also thinking there's many double entendre in trying to describe this topic Toofy Grin

A memorable lift entry, eldest child and quite small at the time, triggered a gate in Morillon which then rotated the turnstile without him going through, I lifted him over to get in, that triggered the turn with my pass Embarassed then I couldn't get in there (its a conveyor to chair with son now heading to the chair alone) so then had to get my leg over (see, it's difficult not to DE Laughing ) to catch him.

Pulled by lefties to establish if I was using a junior pass to nefarious effect Embarassed all a bit of a state really.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My Hestra gloves have a ski pass pocket on the back of them, works a charm.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski3 wrote:
Pulled by lefties to establish if I was using a junior pass to nefarious effect Embarassed all a bit of a state really.

The PCF were there?! Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In my backpack!!!

That way I can cause a hold up, not only as I get on the lift, but when getting through the initial gate!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Laughing

Thomasski wrote:
ski3 wrote:

The PCF were there?! Laughing

Nobbled by a communist spell checker Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roscoe wrote:
In my backpack!!!

That way I can cause a hold up, not only as I get on the lift, but when getting through the initial gate!!

Is that the "grizzly bear" back scratching method of pass entry ? Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski3 wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
In my backpack!!!

Is that the "grizzly bear" back scratching method of pass entry ? Very Happy

For full effect, I remove my backpack, rummage around a bit, then realise I had it in my jacket all along with all the other things I should be carrying in my pockets and not a backpack!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pyramus wrote:

So you were the one who was furiously twerking at the lift barrier - at least you got the lifties phone number.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After "Do they fit?" the next box on my ski glove list is "Do they have lift pass pockets?".

Over the years I've skied with different jackets on and even in spring in just a t-shirt or hoodie. I've never skis without gloves on though so having the pass in the glove makes most sense to me. Makes like easier when you hit that 1 random gate where they put the sensor on the right instead of the left too as you just move your arm over, not have to perform some perverted sex move to try and get your left trouser pocket over and up there.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Having had a pair if gloves taken in a restaurant, I don't think I'd go for the pass in the glove option.
I bought a shell jacket last season & forgot to check for a sleeve pass pocket, rolling eyes a real pia at the gates with it in a chest pocket, that shell was worn once & sat in the cupboard ever since.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@tangowaggon, that’s why I take a backpack so I can put gloves in when not in use and that pack never leaves me. I’m sure that’ll annoy some people on the back pack thread
snow report
jirac18 wrote:
@tangowaggon, that’s why I take a backpack so I can put gloves in when not in use and that pack never leaves me. I’m sure that’ll annoy some people on the back pack thread

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
skimummk wrote:
If you don't have a "lift pass" pocket on the sleeve of your jacket - where do you keep your lift pass so that you don't have to get it out to use it?

Trouser pocket? jacket pocket (waist level/chest level)? on a lanyard?

Firstly one should Buy a jacket with a left sleeve pocket, but having not done that - I used to have a very snazzy 80's all in one suit that didnt so i ca speak with experience- then it all depends on leg length:

If you are tall enough then left trouser / hip pockets so you can pull a little hip swivel at the gate.
Short back bottoms should use left chest pocket and give the gate a quick tit dip.
ski holidays
jirac18 wrote:

True except in places where the liftie needs to see it in order to shoot it with his gun.

I have a pass holder that snaps onto my goggle strap. The liftie can see it, and it’s very convenient for me, except yesterday, when the card reader was about a foot off the snow!
snow report
In LH sleeve or front ‘map/phone’ pocket…

Although since we have both magic pass and local pass on any given day it might be the wrong pass…

So the most frequent issue is not ‘where do I keep my lift pass?’ But ‘where in the world have I put the OTHER pass?’

Remedy has been for me to be the family pass fascist and keep tabs on all eight…
snow conditions
Lots of food for thought - maybe will sew a pocket into the sleeve
ski holidays
@valais2,
Quote:

all eight

Shocked That's a lodda people to keep tabs on, let alone lift passes!
ski holidays
@Hurtle, ah…four peeps…eight passes
ski holidays
@valais2, duh. I'm an idiot.
latest report
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
jirac18 wrote:

True except in places where the liftie needs to see it in order to shoot it with his gun.

I have a pass holder that snaps onto my goggle strap. The liftie can see it, and it’s very convenient for me, except yesterday, when the card reader was about a foot off the snow!

I'm not sure that exists much in europe. I've been to the most backward places here and they have decent pass readers. What sort of places utilise a human to do tasks like this?
latest report
Big White, Silver Star and Snowbasin off the top of my head. I agree, I have not seen this in the Alps. That same human attempts to maintain order in the lift queue. Attempts.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Pyramus wrote:

So you were the one who was furiously twerking at the lift barrier - at least you got the lifties phone number.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Always turns a few heads.
latest report
jirac18 wrote:

Never heard of this being a thing. I reckon it might take me all of 10 seconds to remove it if required to do so. Now I know that will upset someone here as I’ll be delaying boarding the lift by said 10 seconds, and frankly I won’t care one jot. I’ll be too busy clicking my poles at the lifty and anyone I’m trying to get past all the time whilst smacking people in the face with my backpack. Of course that’ll be their tough shoite for getting too close to me. It’s the uphill queuer who has the responsibility to avoid the downhill queuer according to the rules Toofy Grin
latest report
@jirac18, Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jirac18, you forgot the part about lighting up a cigar!
latest report
@Scooter in Seattle, oh I do like an occasional cigar! Yes that’ll tip some right over the edge. “There’s plenty of fresh air over there if you don’t like it!” Now where did I put my large Boom Box Speaker?
snow report
I keep it in my fleece pocket....and sometimes have to hump the sensor like a randy dog, to get through. Skullie

I started with it in the lower pocket, until I realised that the sensors in EK can be at very different heights....and it was too low to be read by the high sensors. I then put it in the upper pocket - which worked fine for the high sensors. For the lower sensors, I had to go through like a libido fuelled Limbo Dancer!

A sleeve pocket would be so much easier, but give those skiing with me less amusement. Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 25-01-24 18:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Legend. wrote:
jirac18 wrote:

I'm not sure that exists much in europe. I've been to the most backward places here and they have decent pass readers. What sort of places utilise a human to do tasks like this?

Only place I've seen it outside of NA is Hemel. Even some of the smaller, run down spots in Japan had normal gates.
snow conditions
best jackets are the ones that have a pocket in the left forearm. I used to ski in an old Mountain Hardware shell that predated electronic passes -- loved the description about twerking to activate the gate. That was me!

Although I still love when I go to a small hill and they have the adhesive passes on the wire frame. Put those on your zipper and have them smash into your face on a fast run...I quickly learned they go on the pocket zipper.
latest report
@Pasigal, those wire “bales” were good for cleaning the pipe back in the day wink
snow report
Either the left arm sleeve pocket, or the pocket on the back of my gloves (depending on which gloves I'm wearing, though that can be a pain if you forget to take it out if you've swapped gloves for any reason - a 'friend' may have had that happen...)
snow conditions
jirac18 wrote:
Now I know (having lift pass in pocket) will upset someone here as I’ll be delaying boarding the lift by said 10 seconds, and frankly I won’t care one jot.

If you want to delay other people just be the person who swars blind they don't have other lift passes/their phone/bank cards in the same pocket as they lift pass...then pulls out at least one, sometimes all 3 from said pocket.
snow conditions
Mjit wrote:
jirac18 wrote:
Now I know (having lift pass in pocket) will upset someone here as I’ll be delaying boarding the lift by said 10 seconds, and frankly I won’t care one jot.

If you want to delay other people just be the person who swars blind they don't have other lift passes/their phone/bank cards in the same pocket as they lift pass...then pulls out at least one, sometimes all 3 from said pocket.

Laughing We have first hand experience of that and I can throw Mrs Jirac under the bus as the guilty party knowing full well she’s not on SH’s
snow report
Have you not got a nipple ring? @scarpa to the forum...
ski holidays
There are many upper arm mobile phone holders for joggers and other fitness freaks. If you don’t have an arm pocket, consider one of them?
snow report
nbt wrote:
Have you not got a nipple ring?

I really wouldn’t suggest hanging your ski pass off a nipple ring.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy