Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not a great start…

Poster: A snowHead
LBA Jet2 flight now cancelled, looks like all going on the Manchester flight. I'm sure they've done the maths
On the bus to plane.
Over and out
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Frosty the Snowman, sorry. We have used Jet2 loads of times, never an issue. You've had a bad day.

Deeply suspect that your result is because Jet2 are trying to get their planes where they need them in the morning.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@thecramps, I'm Happy with how they have treated the situation.
The best airline imv.
On plane now
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Frosty the Snowman, glad they are treating you correctly. My view is that the best way to judge an airline or TO is not how they deal with day to day, but how they cope when things go wrong. We have never had an issue with Jet2, but friends on a Jet2 flight to Funcal had to spend a night in Lisbon as it was too windy to land. They were booked in a great hotel, given a very generous allowance and compensation package, and were completely informed from the beginning with accurate information.
I also like that Jet2 seats cannot recline and the legroom is decent.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Flying Snowplough wrote:
We are now in the hotel bar. Pizzas are on order. Further update from Crystal due at 1130pm.

Love this! What a day you’ve had - keep us updated tomorrow.

We’re safely in resort - can’t wait to get on the, maybe second, lift!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SnowBear22 wrote:
We are now in the hotel bar. Pizzas are on order. Further update from Crystal due at 1130pm.

Love this! What a day you’ve had - keep us updated tomorrow.

We’re safely in resort - can’t wait to get on the, maybe second, lift!!

It gets better…

Eldest ordered pizzas and turns out it was BOGOF. Currently planning pizza for breakfast.

No idea what’s happening tomorrow, but reading on Twitter about families with young kids being shunted off to sports halls near Chambery tonight puts a philosophical edge on things.

Enjoy your skiing tomorrow!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very quick exit from Manchester on the road at 01.45, 2 hrs home, son driving so possibly 1.5 hrs or an early death.
Captain came to the cabin to speak to us all and apologise (not sure what for) and to thank everyone for being so nice and understanding to all of the Jet 2 staff. Strangely meant something.
Leeds passengers have no bags, which is understandable.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At Manchester to fly to grenoble with jet2 and the tui chambery flight has been cancelled this morning
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Take 2. In the check in queue for the 830 flight to Grenoble. Multiple free food vouchers too!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@The Flying Snowplough, wow man. what an ordeal. All the best for today. When people ask why we drive I'll send them to look at this. Good luck
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@The Flying Snowplough, sorry to hear of your travel difficulties. Sad Hopefully today you'll get to Grenoble and then on to your resort where you can start your ski holiday! Madeye-Smiley

@Frosty the Snowman, good to hear that your travel difficulties were eventually resolved and you were able to get back home, albeit much later than originally expected.

It does seem that Chambery can be a very problematic airport with quite frequent local weather related disruption. Maybe one to avoid where possible.....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mother hucker, funny you should mention driving next year…

@Alastair Pink, thanks!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Frosty the Snowman, hope you're home safely and in the land of nod as I write this.
@The Flying Snowplough, good luck for today!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds terrible . Just on way back to apartment to collect son's forgotten stuff and a second attemp.to get to Turin in time for lunchtime lights. FFS. Hope everyone gets where they need to be today.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounds terrible . Just on way back to apartment to collect son's forgotten stuff and a second attemp.to get to Turin in time for lunchtime lights. FFS. Hope everyone gets where they need to be today.
ski holidays
@The Flying Snowplough, Hope it all goes well today (and a happy new year when it comes Happy )
latest report
@Frosty the Snowman, I suspect Leeds had shut and they couldn’t get an exemption. The locals have been up in arms recently with late flights.
snow conditions
@The Flying Snowplough, so now you're heading to Grenoble....

Out of the frying pan into the fire springs to mind Toofy Grin

Though at least you'll land, getting off the plane, getting baggage and out the other side might be another ordeal, though hopefully will be a breeze.
snow conditions
@The Flying Snowplough, What a story, hope it improves for you and today goes relatively fuss free.

We have flown to Chambery multiple times with no issues, but it certainly has a reputation.

Enjoy New Year.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, useful reminder of the complexity of these operations. Things go wrong with self drive too but not in such impressive numbers.
snow report
@The Flying Snowplough, good luck today. I really felt for all the reps at Chambery yesterday, some with no sleep, in sports halls overnight and copping it from some angry people.
snow report
And in the UK I see bad weather travel warnings. So those flying back might find their problems haven’t ended upon landing. Good luck everyone.
latest report
Landed at grenoble on time but still sat on plane due to the French needing to turn off and turn on some security equipment
snow report
Take 2. In the check in queue for the 830 flight to Grenoble. Multiple free food vouchers too!

From flightradar24 it looks like TUI have hired in an aircraft for this flight, which will then take the passengers from yesterday's cancelled Glasgow flight home. The EMA passengers appear to be being taken by the aircraft arriving from Dublin (which presumably would normally take the Chambery to Dublin passengers).

The aircraft you were on has gone on its scheduled flight to Egypt this morning.

The whole thing illustrates how much of a logistical puzzle it must be for TUI and other airlines. It also suggests that they will be as keen as the passengers for flights to go so that the aircraft are on the right places. I can't imagine it's been cheap to hire in an extra aircraft today.
snow report
Weathercam wrote:

Though at least you'll land, getting off the plane, getting baggage and out the other side might be another ordeal, though hopefully will be a breeze.

You spoke to soon. A mate had just landed at Grenoble from Manchester. They are stuck on the plane thanks to a security incident in the Terminal Shocked

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 31-12-23 11:37; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
And now left the plane .....sorry for thread hijack
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

You spoke to soon. A mate had just landed at Grenoble from Manchester. They are stuck on the plane thanks to a security incident in the Terminal Shocked

Just been told by Ski Olympic rep that it was a bomb scare
snow report
@stevew, You must be off to La Foret, I understand your bus is about to leave wink wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevew wrote:

Just been told by Ski Olympic rep that it was a bomb scare

Shocked
ski holidays
@stevew, yep - affected several French airports it seems.

https://x.com/AirportGrenoble/status/1741396680321159296?s=20
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@stevew, You must be off to La Foret, I understand your bus is about to leave wink wink

Indeed, worked out its 10 years since I've been with Ski Olympic, hoping quality hasn't changed
snow report
@stevew, we used to go with them every year in a family group. A great value company. Never had a bad holiday.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@stevew, we used to go with them every year in a family group. A great value company. Never had a bad holiday.

Likewise, for quite a long while they were my operator of choice
snow report
Same for me until I bought chez chocks. Shame they have shrunk down to one large chalet.

I still have friends in Tignes that worked for them in the 90s, some are almost pillars of society now!

@stevew, PM sent.
latest report
Boots on French tarmac!
snow report
Boots on French tarmac!

Well, thank feck for that.

Now lets hope your luggage does the same. Skullie

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 31-12-23 13:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Boots on French tarmac!
Hooray!
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:
Boots on French tarmac!

Well, than feck for that.

Now lets hope your luggage does the same. Skullie

All looking good now, other than the bus falling apart etc!
ski holidays
Great stuff, looking forward to the next installments to brighten up this gloomy afternoon Laughing
snow report
Boots on French tarmac!

Get in there
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy