Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Di Fassa information?

Poster: A snowHead
@psyxologos, "Crystal ski mentions that there is a free shuttle bus to the Buffaure cable car"

That maybe the Hotel's own shuttle bus ??

The valley bus is 3 Euro a day or 15 euro for a week (associated facilities/hotels will sell you one for 2 or 9 euro)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks so much for the clarification. It makes perfect sense. So, when it comes to choosing a ski school for the children, I take it it makes sense I enroll them on the Pozza then, as opposed to a different part of the resort, if anything for practical reasons! Any suggestions on that? Ages are 13 and 9. The 13 year old is early advanced, the 9 year old confident intermediate.

thanks again!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
psyxologos wrote:
Thanks so much for the clarification. It makes perfect sense. So, when it comes to choosing a ski school for the children, I take it it makes sense I enroll them on the Pozza then, as opposed to a different part of the resort, if anything for practical reasons! Any suggestions on that? Ages are 13 and 9. The 13 year old is early advanced, the 9 year old confident intermediate.

thanks again!

You can enrol them anywhere, but you'll need to get them there. It makes sense to enrol them in a place they can get to easily by the start time, so that usually means as near as possible to where you are staying, So yes, as you don't have a vehicle there, Pozza makes the most sense. If you could get them up to Canazei, you could enrol them there, but that would make for an early start, catching buses and a lot of rushing in the morning...and then they've forgotten their gloves! Shocked

Are they complete beginners? There is a small nursery slope with a drag on the edge the village for tiny kids and complete beginners, but I'm thinking that progressing beginners in Pozza would have to ski the easy blues in the Pera-Catinaccio area. The terrain at Buffaure is all red.

You will be tied to the ski school meeting place and the kids start and finish times, which will limit the exploring you can do. I doubt you will have time to go further afield to visit other ski areas, you will likely be limited to the local areas, The Buffaure-Alba sector or Pera-Catinaccio.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
luigi wrote:

You can enrol them anywhere, but you'll need to get them there. It makes sense to enrol them in a place they can get to easily by the start time, so that usually means as near as possible to where you are staying, So yes, as you don't have a vehicle there, Pozza makes the most sense. If you could get them up to Canazei, you could enrol them there, but that would make for an early start, catching buses and a lot of rushing in the morning...and then they've forgotten their gloves! Shocked

Are they complete beginners? There is a small nursery slope with a drag on the edge the village for tiny kids and complete beginners, but I'm thinking that progressing beginners in Pozza would have to ski the easy blues in the Pera-Catinaccio area. The terrain at Buffaure is all red.

You will be tied to the ski school meeting place and the kids start and finish times, which will limit the exploring you can do. I doubt you will have time to go further afield to visit other ski areas, you will likely be limited to the local areas, The Buffaure-Alba sector or Pera-Catinaccio.

Thank you Luigi. The 13 year old is early advanced, the 9 year old confident intermediate. I actually called the hotel and they recommended the Vajolet. Do you kow anything about this school? Are they good?

Thanks again!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@psyxologos, which hotel are you staying at with Crystal?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
psyxologos wrote:

Thank you Luigi. The 13 year old is early advanced, the 9 year old confident intermediate. I actually called the hotel and they recommended the Vajolet. Do you kow anything about this school? Are they good?

Thanks again!

Sorry, I don't have any experience with them. It looks like they are the only ski school operating in Pozza.

It says on their website that the meeting point is in front of the Buffaure gondola. As your kids are intermediate/advanced, I'm sure they will be going up to the Buffaure-Alba sector. They'll have fun, there are some nice runs up there. The 13yo will enjoy the black home run at Alba. I took a closer look and there is a small beginners area up at Buffaure too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, there is the short lift at the top of Bauffaure. Be careful about the x-crossing a bit down. Skiers from the Altba side come with speed to get on, while skiers towards Alba have to cross their line to get to the lifte a bit down. (does not look lige a x-crossing on the map, but it is!)

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many thanks for your helpful replies!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
swskier wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. It is called Sas Morin Hotel.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
psyxologos wrote:
swskier wrote:

I know the hotel, we stayed there in Jan 2021. They have (had) their own VW transporter and they'll run you up to the main lift in the morning and pick you up in the evening, all free of charge. Otherwise its a 10 minute stroll. Slightly uphill in the morning and downhill in the evening.

There's also public buses that run around Val di Fassa and you have to buy a weeks pass for this. They were/are available from the reception of the hotel and they'll stick it on your room bill and you just clear that at the end of the week.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
swskier wrote:
psyxologos wrote:
swskier wrote:

I know the hotel, we stayed there in Jan 2021. They have (had) their own VW transporter and they'll run you up to the main lift in the morning and pick you up in the evening, all free of charge. Otherwise its a 10 minute stroll. Slightly uphill in the morning and downhill in the evening.

There's also public buses that run around Val di Fassa and you have to buy a weeks pass for this. They were/are available from the reception of the hotel and they'll stick it on your room bill and you just clear that at the end of the week.

Oh, thanks. It s good to know there might be an easier start to the day. Always welcomed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to add my opinion on the Buffaure area from Pozza: I stayed there for a week a few year’s ago and always loved starting the day with the runs across to Alba. It is served by a bus and I think you can hire lockers at the gondola so easy to get first lift and the fresh pistes.

Yes if you are planning to do a long excursion like to The Hidden valley or Suisi then you may want to get up early and get transport to Canazei for the first left there but otherwise I would always go Buffaure. If you are going to sacrifice it at all I would do that at the end of the day and ski into Canazei off the SR final run and catch the bus home (but beware as they were quite crowded when we were there).

San Pelligreno was a nice day out for a change but a bit of a trek by bus…

Night skiing in Pozza was served by the slowest lift ever (when I was there) and just one run so probably only worthwhile as a box ticking exercise.

Overall it’s a wonderful area, especially if you enjoy exploring, maybe not so good if you want easy ski to the door and wall to wall pistes!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
EdYarker wrote:

San Pelligreno was a nice day out for a change but a bit of a trek by bus…

And you have to be careful with bus times coming home as we found out Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heading out soon, staying in the Caminetto hotel on the edge of Canazei.
Couple of questions for those of you familiar with the area please:
1 do mountain restaurants generally accept cards/contactless or do we need cold hard cash?
2 getting around the valley, is it doable on just the hotel shuttle or do you really need the €3/day or €9/week bus pass, and do they take cards or is it cash only?
Thanks, in advance.
CW
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@cardweg, 1) Cash is KING...some will reluctantly take cards. 2) Yes..buy a weeks bus pass for 9 euro (from the hotel) otherwise it's 3 euro per journey...and they do have inspectors. Use Line 1, 2 and 5 to get to and from the hotel to the Belvedere lift station although the hotel does run a shuttle mini-bus from 08.15. - Enjoy.
snow report
cardweg wrote:
Heading out soon, staying in the Caminetto hotel on the edge of Canazei.
Couple of questions for those of you familiar with the area please:
1 do mountain restaurants generally accept cards/contactless or do we need cold hard cash?
2 getting around the valley, is it doable on just the hotel shuttle or do you really need the €3/day or €9/week bus pass, and do they take cards or is it cash only?
Thanks, in advance.
CW

We’re in the area at the moment, everywhere takes contactless cards, every waiter and till has a card machine and Ive not noticed any signs for minimum spend. We primarily use Amex and some won’t take that, just like every other country, but everywhere has accepted Mastercard.

I can’t specifically speak for the Canazei valley ski bus. When we stayed in Canazei we just paid the hotel for the weekly pass.
snow report
@cardweg, I’ve not had any problems using cards at any mountain huts or restaurants, but I always carry some cash just in case there’s and connection or technical issue, I planning on taking €300 and fully expect to bring most back.
The bus pass will give you access to all lifts up the mountain if you want to vary your start or finish points.
ski holidays
Gilby wrote:
@cardweg, 1) Cash is KING...some will reluctantly take cards. 2) Yes..buy a weeks bus pass for 9 euro (from the hotel) otherwise it's 3 euro per journey...and they do have inspectors. Use Line 1, 2 and 5 to get to and from the hotel to the Belvedere lift station although the hotel does run a shuttle mini-bus from 08.15. - Enjoy.

Answer to No1 simply isn't true. Just returned and paid with card for everything. Was never a problem and given the amount of time the restaurant staff said "card?" when we asked for the bill, it's now the norm.
snow conditions
Pre Covid cash was preferable - now it is "cash or card?"

Bus is 3 euro a day or 9 for the week -- inspectors are Numerous !! ; they tend to start at the back (were they know the 'Scallywags' will get on!!)

Tip - get on at the front and they may miss you out .....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy