Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Di Fassa information?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone. We just booked a week's ski in Val Di Fassa in February and by the looks of it is a decent resort. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on the resort.

Many thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great info on this website Smile

http://youtube.com/v/m0bjXnhGJ9Q?si=Bop4IhON7vOC9DQJ
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a great area .but ....Val de Fassa is the whole large area and has many resorts from Alba to Moena...... .any advice does depend where you are based as to what info you need ..the best investment is a bus pass which will take you from end to end
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DaveD wrote:
a great area .but ....Val de Fassa is the whole large area and has many resorts from Alba to Moena...... .any advice does depend where you are based as to what info you need ..the best investment is a bus pass which will take you from end to end

This, where Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hyst, Val di Fassa is in the Dolomites....try looking it up
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@DaveD, There is a big difference to give advice to somebody staying in Moena or Alba.
Otherwise no commet to your post!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hyst wrote:
@DaveD, There is a big difference to give advice to somebody staying in Moena or Alba.

reply ...if you read my post carefully it does ask where they are stopping...it seemed an easy question to answer its a long way from Alba to Moena with many centres in between ....Val di Fassa stretches down as faras Cavalese ..but of course you know that
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, you are right.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DaveD wrote:
Hyst wrote:

reply ...if you read my post carefully it does ask where they are stopping...it seemed an easy question to answer its a long way from Alba to Moena with many centres in between ....Val di Fassa stretches down as faras Cavalese ..but of course you know that

Strangely, the valley changes its name between Moena and Predazzo and becomes Val di Fiemme, even though it's the same river, the Torrente Avisio that flows throughout. It changes again to Val di Cembra for its lower course beyond Castello di Fiemme until it reaches the Adige valley just north of Trento.

But yes there are a lot of ski areas that can be accessed along the whole valley, probably the highest concentration of ski kilometres in Italy. There is the Valle Silver pass that covers most of these, but sadly not access to the complete Sella Ronda, you need the Dolomiti Superski pass for that.

https://www.fassa.com/en/what-to-do/alpine-skiing/skipass/valle-silver-ski-pass-prices
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hyst wrote:
DaveD wrote:

This, where Puzzled

I think we might need to wait until 3 am for the OP to clarify which resort they're staying at! Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hyst, I bet you regret trying to help now Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, thats life Sad

Luigi knows the area very well. snowHead

So I step down. wink

If anybody goes in summer - https://www.rifugioantermoia.com/ is quite nice.

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hyst wrote:
Well, thats life Sad

Luigi knows the area very well. snowHead

So I step down. wink

If anybody goes in summer - https://www.rifugioantermoia.com/ is quite nice.

Don't be discouraged! We all have something to add from our experience Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is the flatlands Holland? I have always been curious about your profile. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hyst, no 'stepping down' please : I know you are passionate about this area.....

and I suspect you know more about it than some.....
snow report
Yes, it is nice area - but over the years it has become more and more crovded.

Maybe my English can led to confusion.

Luigi is really a good info source for the area.

snowHead
latest report
Hyst wrote:
Is the flatlands Holland? I have always been curious about your profile. snowHead

Like Denmark, some parts of Britain are pretty flat...that's why we dream of mountains! wink
ski holidays
Hyst wrote:
Yes, it is nice area - but over the years it has become more and more crovded.

Maybe my English can led to confusion.

Luigi is really a good info source for the area.

snowHead

Like I said, we can all contribute based on our experience.

My knowledge comes from a number of visits to the area. I'm not local, even if my username sounds like an Italian plumber! Laughing

You know the area better than most and your English is fine!

If anyone knows Val di Fassa well it has to be a Dane. It seems to be a favourite haunt of the viking nation. Toofy Grin
snow report
Take care and keep up the good work. snowHead
ski holidays
It's a great area valley, ski panorama is excellent and rarely busy, although I've never been peak weeks. I'm always based in Selva but go to Fassa a lot.

I haven't skied the runs at Pera though and would like to know anyone's thoughts on them. Are they worth the wee bus journey from Bufaure?
latest report
sean1967 wrote:
It's a great area valley, ski panorama is excellent and rarely busy, although I've never been peak weeks. I'm always based in Selva but go to Fassa a lot.

I haven't skied the runs at Pera though and would like to know anyone's thoughts on them. Are they worth the wee bus journey from Bufaure?

Yes, the bus is a little road train, like you'd see at the seaside! Laughing

I've skied Pera-Catinaccio a few times.

Nice little area with varied runs and great views of the Catinaccio-Rosengarten range.

It's handy in bad weather because a lot of it is tree-lined and sheltered.

Some testing steeps off the top and the long red run down to Vigo is a blast.
ski holidays
luigi wrote:
sean1967 wrote:

Yes, the bus is a little road train, like you'd see at the seaside! Laughing

snow report
A couple of years ago, a few of us made our way round the Sella Ronda from Arabba to Belvedere and then down to Canazei for the bus to Pera.
I think it was a nice little area with some decent runs. We then headed back to the road and got the bus to Pozza for the cable car to Buffaure. A really nice day trip
ski holidays
DaveD wrote:

This is a valid point. I should have mentioned that we are staying in Pozza di Fassa, which is a smaller vilage in the resort. I was under the impression that there are free busses to some of the main lift stations and the area is connected, meaning we can ski from our village up the mountain and then get access to the rest of the area. Is this not the case?
snow conditions
Just to clarify, I was under the impression that staying in the Pozza di Fassa I can ski all these runs, and ride all the lifts with a number next to them here (https://cdn.content.tuigroup.com/adamtui/2021_1/12_14/9ab8ef2c-1447-4164-ae65-acae00f1fa61/CSH_Piste_Maps_ITA_VAL_01.pdf) using the local ski pass and NOT the superski pass that allows people to ski the Sela Ronda, for example. Am I wrong?
Thanks again and apologies for the many questions.
ski holidays
psyxologos wrote:
Just to clarify, I was under the impression that staying in the Pozza di Fassa I can ski all these runs, and ride all the lifts with a number next to them here (https://cdn.content.tuigroup.com/adamtui/2021_1/12_14/9ab8ef2c-1447-4164-ae65-acae00f1fa61/CSH_Piste_Maps_ITA_VAL_01.pdf) using the local ski pass and NOT the superski pass that allows people to ski the Sela Ronda, for example. Am I wrong?
Thanks again and apologies for the many questions.

You are correct. If you want to ski the Val di Fassa stuff that's on the Sella Ronda, I'd say patch the bus. It's quick to get there going over the Ski Panorama. 1 bubble and 2 chairs. Great run down from Sella Brunech to Alba, combining the red 136 and the excellent black 131.

I think it's about an extra 10 yoyo a day for the Superski Pass. From where you are and depending on how early you can start and how fast you can herd your squad, you could have some great trips round the Ronda, day at Val Gardena, day at Arabba etc.
latest report
sean1967 wrote:
I think it's about an extra 10 yoyo a day for the Superski Pass.

I used to like yoyos, especially the mint ones, but I think they stopped making them some years ago.... Sad

ski holidays
@psyxologos,

I really enyoyed the runs from Possa to Alba but my favourites on that side were the runs at the Passo San Pelegrino down to Falcade and the area up from Ronche to Le Cune (a nice black uder the cable car) both worth some time ...but the ski bus is NOT free ( it should be ) but it is cheap and you can buy a weekly ticket from your hotel ..at least I did

lots to explore
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@psyxologos, I've stayed in Pozza di Fassa 3 times, most recently in Jan 2022.

There is 2 options immediately in Pozza, but one of the areas is just 2 or 3 runs, but does include night skiing.

Personally I'd recommend you buy the full Dolomiti Superski pass.

You can access the Sella Ronda from Pozza by skiing up and over to Alba, then taking a cable car up in to the Canazei area. I'd not recommend this route though, you're best off jumping on a bus from Pozza to Campitello and heading straight in to the Sella Ronda there. You'll save a lot of time that way.

As mentioned there's a little land train between Pozza and Vigo and that's a small area worth exploring also, for a day.

I'd also recommend taking busses down the valley to the San Pellegrino area, as that's lovely.

Busses along the valley aren't free, but I think a weeks pass wasn't expensive at all, c.€10ish from memory.

If you can I'd recommend a ski over to the hidden valley and back. Best taking the bus round to Canazei to start that day off.

Pozza is a quiet place, particularly so when we were last there as it was still coming out of covid and there was lots of rules at the time around masks etc. I love the area though.
ski holidays
[quote="psyxologos" we can ski from our village up the mountain and then get access to the rest of the area. Is this not the case?[/quote]

It is ...you can go up from Possa and ski over to Alba then up the other side to Belvedere and then round the Sella Ronda ..but you will have to be up early as the lifts close at 4:30 and if you are stuck it's VERY expensive to get back as I found
ski holidays
We had a trip to Pozza in Feb a few years back. Really enjoyed it, the only thing I would say about accessing the Sella circuit is that there were major queues the week we went. The best access point was at Alba in the morning. The other areas were good and queue free.
We stayed once before in Jan near Alba and there was very little queuing. I suspect within Feb it varies I think we were the week before Fasching but it might have been Fasching. Venice carnival was in full swing when we called in before our flight home.
Either way if you don't like queuing you may be better with the local lift pass and using the valley slopes.
latest report
@psyxologos, Pozza is a bit out on a limb if you are relying on public transport.

It's a good base if you have a car and want to try out all the areas along the valley inc the Sella Ronda. Carezza, Alpe Lusia, Passo San Pellegrino & Latemar are very worthwhile areas for a day.

You will be either using the valley buses or skiing over to Alba & back, which limits exploring and may get a bit tiresome.

Campitello/Canazei/Alba are more convenient with direct access to the bulk of the skiing around the Sella Ronda linked areas.
snow report
@psyxologos, swskier's trip report from last year

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158291&highlight=canazei

Bus is no longer free

https://www.skibusvaldifassa.it/en
snow conditions
@albob, thanks, forgot I'd written that Laughing
ski holidays
@swskier, I remember because it was a good read (and I am going to that area in January) Smile !
snow conditions
albob wrote:

Bus is no longer free

https://www.skibusvaldifassa.it/en

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
swskier wrote:

If you can I'd recommend a ski over to the hidden valley and back. Best taking the bus round to Canazei to start that day off.

That sounds delightful. What do you mean by 'the hidden valley though? Is this an off piste experience, or is this just a name and it is groomed runs appearing under a different name on the slope map?
snow conditions
Thank you very much for the information everyone. It really helps. Crystal ski mentions that there is a free shuttle bus to the Buffaure cable car. I was hoping to take this and link to other runs/lifts at the top. It looks feasible on the piste map, and could potentially allow me to ski to Campitello, Passo Spilla and Passo Pordoi . Am I misunderstanding something? Perhaps it will be too time consuming and it would be faster to take the bus, though, is this what most of you have been alluding to? If this is the case then I might be better off taking the bus and exploring the Campitello/Canazei/Alba as Luigi wrote. That way I just take one bus and then link my skiing this way. The San Pelegrinno area look sinteresting too. Is this area covered by the Val di Fassa lift pass or do I need superski for this?

Once again, thank you so much for your kind advice and help. I might be coming back with more questions, so I ask for your patience!
ski holidays
psyxologos wrote:
swskier wrote:

That sounds delightful. What do you mean by 'the hidden valley though? Is this an off piste experience, or is this just a name and it is groomed runs appearing under a different name on the slope map?

This is the 'Hidden Valley'...known locally as Lagazuoi or Armentarola as they are it's start and finish points...it is fully pisted...

It is a long way from where you are in Pozza, you will need the first bus up to Alba and take the Funifor, then Arabba, Pralongia, Armentarola, the bus up to Falzarego, up the cablecar, down the Hidden Valley, then the horse tow and pick your way back to Alba or Canazei via Arabba...

http://youtube.com/v/Wpf8xXeItNA

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 27-11-23 19:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
psyxologos wrote:
Thank you very much for the information everyone. It really helps. Crystal ski mentions that there is a free shuttle bus to the Buffaure cable car. I was hoping to take this and link to other runs/lifts at the top. It looks feasible on the piste map, and could potentially allow me to ski to Campitello, Passo Spilla and Passo Pordoi . Am I misunderstanding something? Perhaps it will be too time consuming and it would be faster to take the bus, though, is this what most of you have been alluding to? If this is the case then I might be better off taking the bus and exploring the Campitello/Canazei/Alba as Luigi wrote. That way I just take one bus and then link my skiing this way. The San Pelegrinno area look sinteresting too. Is this area covered by the Val di Fassa lift pass or do I need superski for this?

Once again, thank you so much for your kind advice and help. I might be coming back with more questions, so I ask for your patience!

Yes, you can access everything by skiing from Buffaure over to Alba, but it will add 45mins or so onto the start and end of the ski day, which will then limit how far you can go beyond Alba.

Passo San Pellegrino would need the Dolomiti Superski pass or the slightly cheaper Valle Silver pass which covers a number of ski areas in Val di Fassa

https://www.fassa.com/en/what-to-do/alpine-skiing/skipass/valle-silver-ski-pass-prices

You can't explore the full Sella Ronda linked area without the Dolomiti Superski pass

https://www.bergfex.com/sellaronda-dolomiten/panorama/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy