Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top 50 runs

Poster: A snowHead
Escornacrabes......Baquiera Beret. Very few know this one but it is right up there!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2023 link non-paywall

https://archive.md/gZSWi

Done 3 of the European list, 2 of the N American list

I tend to stay clear of the mega resorts and that's reflected in my 'score'
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno wrote:
@Idris, not having been there for 15 years or so, I couldn’t believe how big the drop from the Pas de Chèvre onto the Mer de Glace has got. Looks like a proper mountaineering outing rather than a ski run!

managed to access the article now - it actually admits that the Pas is basically unskiable now. why on earth include it in the "top 50"?

here's Dave Searle attempting it a couple of years ago

http://youtube.com/v/QBVvfEJbOwI
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You know you've had a great ski run when the best you can say about it was "it was perfectly safe".
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno wrote:
... it actually admits that the Pas is basically unskiable now. why on earth include it in the "top 50"?...
My guess... it's simply recycled journalism.

They had a previous version (see above), and someone re-heated it without actually, you know, checking if any of it is remotely accurate.
They may well also also take advertising revenue or subsidized trips from various resorts, so if your favourite isn't there, perhaps that could be why.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well under the long and winding section I’d have Marvel (green) at Morillon Grand Massif.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Corbet's is largely BS. It's for young guns and experienced locals. The rest of the time when the entry is filled in it's no big deal or else it's an ego over sense hail mary for many tourons.

Full disclosure I've looked in a couple of times and given it a hard pass which is easier the older you get.

This is exactly right.

I don't agree, having done it for the first time in my 40s, in a very bad snow year. Until you try... that first technical pitch/big mandatory air/aeroplane turn before the rock... crikey! Hugely memorable, and fun to look back on.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
THey miss out a few things that I'd include in a skiers' bucket list, e.g. the Inferno
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is Vallon de la Sache mentioned? Should be. Also Col Pers off the back of the glacier in Fornet is fun (as long as the river is properly frozen over)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
it seems to be a strange mix of piste and other stuff.

If you like Cobetts you can do this closer to home

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I see they think Jerusalem is still classified red, it's been a blue for a while now.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve only managed to do 2 on that list, Schilthorn and Bellecôte. Schilthorn and the Jungfrau in general is by a distance the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. Skiing aside I could just sit and stare at the views for hours!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swiss Wall at number 25 and listed as La Chavanette: Avoriaz, France.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ozboy, technically it's in CH ...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pleased to see that in my usual haunts I won’t run into any Telegraph readers Toofy Grin
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
Pleased to see that in my usual haunts I won’t run into any Telegraph readers Toofy Grin

Naughty Laughing
ski holidays
Considering how much time I spend in the Three Valleys, I can't believe I made 15!
snow report
@under a new name, clue's in the name wink I thought that was the point @Ozboy was making anyway?
latest report
Best is subjective.

I LOVE Jerusalem because it’s a great race track down into town.

Any long rolling blue or red is best for me.
snow report
@bezthespaniard,
Quote:

I LOVE Jerusalem...Any long rolling blue or red is best for me.
+1
snow conditions
Bones wrote:
sheffskibod wrote:
Non paywalled version = https://archive.ph/9DzBU

Thanks, form that over half way, so some more to do yet Madeye-Smiley

Nice to see Beer Belly on there, as its fun Toofy Grin

Odd list.
IMHO, Beer Belly is a very decent run, but not sure why Dave Murray Downhill is on there. If you had to pick an iconic Whistler run (of which there are many), it probably wouldn't be this one - was pretty fun to race on, but not used for that anymore and otherwise is just a fast cruiser.
And the Cut? It's just a short green run - decent views of Vancouver, but not the best views or run at grouse, even if you don't include the other 2 north shore mountains.
snow report
Have skied mostly in France and have done 5 of the list, including Sarenne, Tunnel twice and Swiss Wall 3 or 4 times. I wouldn't go so far as claiming to have skied the Swiss Wall, rather started at the top and finished at the bottom, managing to stay upright on the way down.
snow report
Trass would be a red in France.

Yeah course it would.

Who writes that crap.
snow report
White Hare, ( Weiss perle) Zermatt, red, and Ober National, Zermatt, ( Black) for me. Neither scary, but fabulous views, not mogulled usually, ( hate moguls), and wide enabling long turns. Lovely.
snow conditions
Fridge03 wrote:
Telegraph has put together the top 50 ski runs.
Don’t know what metric has been used to create this list, or how many were asked…so I throw it over to the snowheads to discuss!

I’ve only done 8 of the top 30. Best get booking some more holidays!

Linky link

Aiguille Rouge Les Arcs is a huge miss from that list
ski holidays
Feels like we should compile our own Snowheads Top 50 list..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy