Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnowShepherd Lotus Jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kitenski wrote:

and also some updated stats, would love to understand how these were arrived at?

I look forward to finding out where the 50m tube is that they've used to test the waterproofing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I look forward to finding out where the 50m tube is that they've used to test the waterproofing.

You don't need one. It's the Hydrostatic Head and can be created by pressurising the tube.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
olderscot wrote:
Quote:

You don't need one. It's the Hydrostatic Head and can be created by pressurising the tube.

I stand corrected.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well here's a tester which will do 10m: https://performance.james-heal.co.uk/instrument/hydroview

And here's one for 20m, which gets all existing products just about: https://www.testextextile.com/product/hydrostatic-head-tester-tf163c/

Can anyone google down a machine with a max pressure of over 50m? The standard looks like ISO 811:2018.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got it, this one will do 50m: https://sdlatlas.com/products/hydropro-hydrostatic-head-tester#product-details
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Your first one will do 100m.

1 mbar ~ 1cm of water

=> 10,000 mbar is near enough 100m of water not 10m.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So the waterproofing rating has already halved since the original claim. The "most sustainable jacket ever" is made of a membrane that can only claim to be >40% significantly or entirely composed from a renewable biomass resource.

I assume @Brandon SnowShepherd, will be along shortly to thank us for "not being a sheep" and blindly trusting their false advertising. Might have saved them a future lawsuit down the line NehNeh

Again, the jacket might actually be pretty good. But when you advertise with ridiculously numbers, which you then have to take back, you lose so much credibility. You can't seriously tell me the 100,000mm waterproofing rating was anything other than a lie.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@livetoski, is there any plan to make ski pants in the same material?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's the feedback from those of you have bought and tried one skiing? They have got the jacket down in price at the moment and it's a great price - very tempted to buy one.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saw someone skiing in one in verbier, with Klassen, the other week. I hated the look, but it went well with the biggest pants I've seen in a long while. I would take a friend with you to try one on, that's my fashion advice for today.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I like mine and used it in 3V last week for the whole trip. I wanted it loose and well vented and it does exactly that. My main reason to buy was the vent zips as I always find traditional ski jkts don’t allow enough unless you fully undo the front zip which is a horrible look. If it had been cold then it would have allowed layers underneath but as it was just having all the zips done up in the morning was enough in the current climate with just a single layer merino t underneath.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy