Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Factor - Demolition

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@stephap, @kyle_Snow
My previous posts looks like I was a bit negative,and gave the immpression of being just a grumpy old git,I feel frustrated like a lot of people that things, there is always somebody else to blame.
Life is a grey area where things are very often not straight forward.But the buck stops at the very top and accountability is.
I will say no more on the subject.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stephap,
I just sent you a PM
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kyle_ Snow,

I have sent you a PM
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowheid wrote:

how about being super sensible and taking over Braehead to give us up here our playground back Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Bit late for that. The building owners had scrappies in today removing anything metal that could be moved/removed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kyle_Snow, whatever the issues at MK right now, it's good to see that it has leadership that care and want to make it succeed. I say that as I have just entered a dog in that race (so to speak) by booking my 2 putative sons-in-law (they wish... Laughing ) into a full day 'learn to snowboard' session in November. Not exactly cheap but if your instructors can make them vaguely competent for when we hit the real snow in December, it will be money well spent!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
haggishunter wrote:
snowheid wrote:

how about being super sensible and taking over Braehead to give us up here our playground back Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Bit late for that. The building owners had scrappies in today removing anything metal that could be moved/removed.
Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Forst, Yes, but ONLY if you are both manager, and owner, of all you survey. I'd call this the Mike Ashley recipe. Lots of managers failed to light NUFC up, simply as those running things in the boardroom made it close to impossible. Now, who knows a chap called Jim from Ineos?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Forst wrote:
@stephap, @kyle_Snow
My previous posts looks like I was a bit negative,and gave the immpression of being just a grumpy old git,I feel frustrated like a lot of people that things, there is always somebody else to blame.
Life is a grey area where things are very often not straight forward.But the buck stops at the very top and accountability is.
I will say no more on the subject.

@Stephap

I'm looking forward to our slide and meeting. In the meantime, you have my direct contact details if anything comes up.

Kyle
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I seem to be missing seeing one of the factors that make indoor skiing a perfect partner for symbiosis: Heating other spaces.
I remember waiting for Tamworth to open the first time, having (in the 1980s) watched the skiing press cover the experimental indoor snow test facility.
One of the justifications for having a huge refrigerated space was that the heat you take 'out' of somewhere can be used to make another nearby place warm.
So the refrigeration costs are partly offset.
Tamworth has an indoor 'tropical' leisure facility which in theory benefits from all the excess heat that is a by-product of making the snow, chilling the space etc.
Is that a factor in the running of these facilities @Kyle_Snow ?
----------------------------------
btw, MK is my favourite indoor snow place - I particularly like the rollers on the slope!
And the adjoining shopping centre is a bit nicer than most of the facilities that usually get attached to the indoor snow places.
I'll be doing a tour of Castleford/MK/Hemel in late Feb.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Deveron53

Thank you for the comment, it's great to hear that you enjoy visiting our slopes.

There are some really interesting ways to minimise and mitigate the environmental impact of our plant and machinery. I cannot comment on the systems used by other domes.
Whilst both of our UK venues were built >20 years ago with the technology available at the time - you may find in my previous posts some plant replacement examples of where we've upgraded our equipment to improve efficiencies. We do use heat recovery in a number of ways to reduce our impact. For example, heat generated from the 'warmed' coolant is used as part of our defrost process for our snow slope coolers and it is also used to melt poor quality snow when it is removed from the ski box. To prevent an overuse of water - we complete this sparingly and only when required.

For the last 7 years we've been working with Star refridgeration, a company who share our environmental values and who are considered by many as pioneers in this sector. The cleanest energy is the energy you don't use. The new chillers we installed at Milton Keynes in 2017 are a good example of this, where the system now in place creates far less heat loss during its cooling cycle. We believe we can further utilise small amounts of excess heat generated to heat the water supply within the venues and we are exploring the feasibility of this conversion option.

I believe that SNØ in Oslo, built in recent years uses heat recovery exceptionally well and has the potential to be carbon negative. The Norwegian centre is using technology 20 years younger than most other European resorts but this shows the art of the possible. We've had some recent success at our location in Madrid, where we installed 1,800 solar panels which goes some way in reducing our impact.

In the meantime, we continue to consider the environment in all decisions we make as a team. Many ideas on energy saving come from our venue team members and guests so please do share any thoughts that you have.

We were proud in October 2023, to sign a new 3 year agreement with Hornsea windfarm - a windfarm based just off the Yorkshire coast, for all of our UK electricity and we have a number of energy saving capital investment projects scheduled in for 2024 again.

We're excited to progress this at Snozone Smile

Kyle
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy