Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski pass price increase

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@j b, to be more sensible*, and with apologies to the afflicted.

St Gervais/Les Houches had a spat with the CdMB over who knows what resulting in Les Houches being removed from the Mont Blanc Unlimited area for a year (or two). Which obviously made the Les Houches shareholders ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ even grumpier. T

here have been rumour for long times of a link but that's realistically never going to happen and as Evasion is on MBU I'm not sure I see the commercial value to anyone to do more?

* this is all reconstructed from distant wine fogged memories and very open to correction, thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swskier wrote:
denfinella wrote:

Tirol Snow Card (AUT): €1050

This becomes cheaper if you're a local resident I believe. I'll confirm the amount on Sunday when I have the first ski of my 23/24 season.

€840 for a local, even more of a bargain snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
There have been rumour for long times of a link but that's realistically never going to happen and as Evasion is on MBU I'm not sure I see the commercial value to anyone to do more?

I think that is true from the Chamonix valley perspective. But MBU isn't available as an upgrade on the Evasion pass, and it is for those in St Gervais itself that a pass that would cover skiing in Les Houches via the Tramway would be such a welcome benefit. (Obviously a new physical link isn't a realistic option).

It is odd that Les Houches has such a high sense of its status as a stand-alone ski area.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
well weve just ordered our MBU year passes and buying a couples pass the increase wasnt as big as I said, indivdual cost was 851 euros but a couples worked out at just over 800 each but with the better exchange rate it actually worked out cheaper than last year. Happy days Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@robs1, my lot have just renewed our Mont Blanc Unlimited annual passes yet again. It may well have gone up by about 7% but for the sheer range and quality of uplift and available terrain we could not be happier. It also means that we can purchase the St Bernard ANNUAL pass (Champex, Vicheres ans Le Fouly) for about £65 further.

Happy days.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're booked in for Serre Chevalier for half-term and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the lift prices. The main problem is child prices only apply up to age 11, also their family discounts are a bit stingy (63 Euros for a family of 4). With a family of 4 all with kids 12 years or older it's 1200 Euros - same as a 3V pass but with less modern lift infrastructure (although improved a lot in recent years).

We can only hope not too many Parisians take the trouble to venture down to Serre Che so we get our value for money from it being less busy than the more famous northern resorts. I know we get the option to ski a day in other resorts as well but we'll have to see how our younger week 2 skiers are getting on before deciding to take a day out of ski school.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
European resorts are Americanizing their lift prices.

As are you your spelling. Very Happy

OT, but -ize has a perfectly British pedigree, & has always been favoured by the Oxford English Dictionary. It's only recently (particularly with the use of MS Word's spellcheck) that the erroneous view has set in that -ise is somehow more authentically British.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy