Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for the 2023-24 season?

Poster: A snowHead
@Skimum1, @Layne, I tried that line but my daughters anxiety was so bad (just in life not just the exams), she refused Easter for her GCSE year and and again refused this year for A-levels. She did give permission for me and Keira to join my sister however.... and said we could do same again this year.

I am think SFaB. Haven't put it past hubby yet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, quite so, I suspect my experience may be different with our younger ones; they are all different. Good luck to your daughter this year (and for the SFaB…!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gendal wrote:
Still not sure if there is a catch (nothing open? Too early to be sure of sufficient snow? Staff training week?) but we couldn't resist what seemed like a giveaway price from LeSki for Val d'Isere on 6 Dec. Flights/transfer/shared chalet/breakfast+dinner/7 nights for £850pp.

It's what you'd call a punt.

There will be skiing but it's just the luck of the draw as to how much and how good it will be.

Undoubtedly there will be some runs not open and lifts not running but if you are just happy to be in the mountains and take what's on offer (which it sounds like you know already) it will be great. After the long Autumn it can be great just to get out there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gendal wrote:
Still not sure if there is a catch (nothing open? Too early to be sure of sufficient snow? Staff training week?) but we couldn't resist what seemed like a giveaway price from LeSki for Val d'Isere on 6 Dec. Flights/transfer/shared chalet/breakfast+dinner/7 nights for £850pp.

Hey, a good percentage of us SHs will be there before you, the PSB running 2nd/9th Dec. just over the hill in Tignes.

Based on the last couple of years:
- There will be snow. It might be thick, so thick you can't do anything on the Friday and everyone's worrying about the transfer coaches back to Geneva, or it might be thin, and spend your time practicing your short turns as you slalom stones. But there will be snow.
- Not everything will be open in resort, but you won't be left struggling to find lunch or a beer in the evening.
- Not all the lifts/runs will be open, but they will be the minority and where a lift is closed it's usually not the only one to the same destination and the low numbers of skiier mean they don't need the extra capacity/pay for the electric. You can still get around 90% of the resort though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have two hols booked! Montgenevre over New Years and Corvara at the end of Jan/start of Feb. First time in the Dolomites since school!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
At least 3 for me.

Lad 2, Lad 3 and I have flights to GVA on 16 December, staying until 23 December. We'll book a resort once we get a better look at likely conditions. A complication is that Lad 2 and I have publicly asserted that we're going to snowboard this season (narrator: they do not know how to snowboard), having "completed" on-piste skiing with the Escapade wink so it will need to be someplace reasonably gentle within striking distance of GVA. Les Gets/PdS would be great (we know the resort from years back), but worry about their early season snow record.

Usual work jolly to the 3Vs in mid/late Jan.

Feb Half Term back to the 3Vs with the 17-strong syndicate, this time self-catering Shocked in Méribel Village.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dyrlac, ooh 17, that sounds interesting logistically s/c
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was there another thread about this? 2 trips booked to the beloved Dollies so far
Surprise pre Christmas trip in San Cassiano to celebrate our wedding anniversary (hubs has no idea Madeye-Smiley ). 2nd trip at half term in Badia. Might get a cheeky few days at Easter whilst our son is on a school trip if we can. Somewhere with a short transfer from GVA….
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:
@Dyrlac, ooh 17, that sounds interesting logistically s/c

Not my first rodeo with wrangling this crew, but yeah, am going to really really miss the chalet hosts doing the post-dinner tidying. OTOH, that is what we have 7 teenagers for. We're spread across 3 apartments (4 families) and 2 of us will have cars for a big ole shop, with my hope being that dinners will be a pretty light touch affair (when we don't just go out to eat and/or never make it back from the Ronnie), although Mum is willing to take on catering duties (gigantic pots of bolognese) in exchange for not being required to ski in the afternoons. rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Arcs second week of January in a group, then again mid-February solo, and end of March going to Val Thorens solo. This gonna be an expensive winter.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jan 27th "boys" (we are all 50+!!) trip to Saalbach for the first time. Diy'd it to save a few £ over Crystal. 1st time back in Austria since 2017, we are excited!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nothing yet. But as above, having to juggle A level mock exams for the elder (she’s ok for Christmas but not later) and school HT trip for the younger, when the rest of us aren’t so impressed by previous pre-Christmas trips…. Something’s Gotta Give.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Four days in Morzine at the end of Jan24 with the girls - my first time skiing since March 2019, with two babies in between times.
Going to stay in a friend’s apartment for the first time as it was only purchased in the last couple of years.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yup Val d sere Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
4 full weeks at Belle Plagne: 23 dec to 6 jan then 10 feb to 24 feb
5 days in Belle Plagne 9 to 13 march for our daugther to prepare Etoile d'Or
3 days 13 to 16 march in Carroz d'Araches for Etoile d'Or
ski holidays
Of to Tignes in Jan with some family and old friends. Haven't skied with any of them for a few years so should be fun catching up.

Then back to Kyrgyzstan for a couple of weeks in Feb. Plan is 100% touring, but might have a few lift served days depending on conditions and avy safety. Hoping to do a few days winter camping higher up in the valley and tick off a few new lines.
snow conditions
Tignes in Dec and Pila in Feb, can't wait Very Happy
ski holidays
Nothing booked, yet... our eldest son is going to be doing a chalet hosting season so we will tie in with that.
latest report
Orange200 wrote:
Nothing yet. But as above, having to juggle A level mock exams for the elder (she’s ok for Christmas but not later) and school HT trip for the younger, when the rest of us aren’t so impressed by previous pre-Christmas trips…. Something’s Gotta Give.

Well that’s eased: elder came home and asked for a €1300 school trip to Washington DC in November. So I guess she won’t be seeing snow this winter…
snow conditions
We've only got flights booked so far to Geneva for the 3rd week in April. We usually go to Tignes, but we are camping in France at the moment & drove up to Val Thorens today to have a look round. We've never been there before & it is now on the (very) short list as well! We're staying in Bozel (lovely), so may scope out Courchevel next. Ski resorts do look weird out of season though...
latest report
T Bar wrote:
Booked accommodation Corvara in February. Not arranged flights yet, planning on going to Cortina and making it a 10 day trip.

That would be a long trip you got there. I hope you enjoy your trip soon. Very Happy
snow conditions
Owls101 wrote:
Thanks for starting the thread, love hearing people's plans.

I'm off to Selva. First time in Dolomites and first ski trip in 4 years Very Happy

We may bump into you. We have 3 trips to Selva booked for this coming season. Very Happy
ski holidays
@Mollerski, great! I know where to direct all my questions now Very Happy
latest report
Everything booked now... Nice pub in Kent, Channel Tunnel then mellow drive to hotel in Strasbourg, arrive in Sankt Gallenkirch early afternoon to get skis edged/waxed and settle in to apartment, 10 days skiing then slightly less mellow drive back with single overnight at Bethune.
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
gendal wrote:

- There will be snow. It might be thick, so thick you can't do anything on the Friday and everyone's worrying about the transfer coaches back to Geneva, or it might be thin, and spend your time practicing your short turns as you slalom stones. But there will be snow.
- Not everything will be open in resort, but you won't be left struggling to find lunch or a beer in the evening.
- Not all the lifts/runs will be open, but they will be the minority and where a lift is closed it's usually not the only one to the same destination and the low numbers of skiier mean they don't need the extra capacity/pay for the electric. You can still get around 90% of the resort though.

Perfect - thanks @Mjit. That's what I was assuming but it's good to have it confirmed.
snow report
In addition to our Easter trip, we're now hoping to squeeze in a days skiing at Oslo Winterpark as we've just booked Oslo for three nights over New Year.
ski holidays
3 weeks at Arc 1950. Late Jan, early March (boys trip) and Easter (family) Very Happy
snow conditions
Just booked onto the InsideOut Season Opener and Technical Tune-Up, so I'll be in Les Allues Dec 9–20 doing some fairly serious work on technique. Will probably book another week for mid-January and a further one for early April, possibly both UCPA, in due course. Might also try to get a long weekend in Wed–Sat in March somewhere in easy reach of Geneva.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Passo Tonale all inclusive first week in Feb.
ski holidays
Pila for the later of the two February half term weeks, will be the kids' second ski trip.
snow report
Driving down to Les Arcs in Feb half term with brother and nephew (who's so far had 2 lessons at Castleford). Staying at the campsite in Bourg St Maurice so just looking at renting ski lockers at top of funicular- anyone done that?
latest report
I'm planning not to go skiing and go to the other side of country like around Asia. I want to visit around Singapore. Do you think would it be a good idea?
snow report
@johnthegreat, it's a terrible idea not to go skiing - everything else is a bonus surely Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Val d'Isere for us, hopefully over Christmas - any helpful hints on staying there would be greatly appreciated. Our eldest son is going to be a chef in one of the chalets there, hence going to that particular resort.

We tend to go catered, plus fly, but open to other suggestions!! The chalet he's working in is already booked for that period.

Might try and squeeze in an extra trip as well, possibly a shorter one..
ski holidays
Going on my own to Morzine for 5 days mid-Jan. Nervous daughter is taking a year out and is talking about trying snowboarding instead of skiing next time.
snow conditions
Just booked my old fav for Christmas. Passo Tonale. All inclusive hotel, flights, transfers, lift passes and ski/ boot hire for an average of £700.00 per person. 2 adults 2 kids.

There are other fancier resorts out there but Tonale has always been good and can get a day in Madonna.
snow report
Quote:

asso Tonale. All inclusive hotel, flights, transfers, lift passes and ski/ boot hire for an average of £700.00 per person. 2 adults 2 kids.

bloody hell that's a good price. Enjoy

We're booked in for 2 trips - Ste Foy Tarentaise, and Morillon in the Grand Massif
snow report
Dec 8th - Dec 13th. Flights to Lyon. Preliminary reservation on an apartment in Les 2 Alpes. Many people say go elsewhere - but it's the easiest place to get to using public transport - I do not wanna drive. No Bens Bus or equivalent running on the days we are traveling. Private tran sfer for 2 are out of budget.
snow conditions
We’ve booked a group of 8 Les Deux Alpes end of Jan beginning Feb. I’ve never been there before and having seen the other thread with quite a few comments about it being boring I had second thoughts. But we are a group and we decided it was best for this trip to keep the 3 real beginners happy. They did one week at LDA last year and we felt they would learn and progress best by revisiting a familiar ski area.
I think there will be plenty for us intermediates to enjoy and it seemed the best deal for us all to enjoy a group holiday…..can’t wait!
Booked Diy Half Board 3* accomodation including lift pass from Sunweb, easyJet and Jet2 flights into Grenoble, Bens Bus transfers.
Private lessons for the 4 ladies with Charlotte from Easiski (thanks snowheads for the recommendation to get in touch with her.)
snow report
I've booked Feb. 4-11th for Maui, Grand Wailea. The thread title doesn't say anything about booking a ski trip. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy