Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for the 2023-24 season?

Poster: A snowHead
Zillertal 3000, Dolomiti and SFL for the back half of March.

(Yes I did start a new thread with a correct title)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for starting the thread, love hearing people's plans.

I'm off to Selva. First time in Dolomites and first ski trip in 4 years Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Finalised details of another BC roadtrip, one liftpass bought and started booking some accomodation.

Truck also booked and will possibly sort the flights this week, along with the rest of accomodation.

will also need to sort the ETA. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off to Soll at the end of Jan and then a week in VT at the end of March.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Niseko from last weekend of January.
Bagged a 5* hotel in Hirafu village for £1500 snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bucket list 12 weeks in Austria - 4 in Kitzbuhel, 2 in Ski Amade, 2 in Gastein, 4 in S-H area. Hopefully will bag tickets to the Kitzbuhel races and the championships in S-H, plus the ski jumping in Biscofshofen. Using the superskicard season pass. To say I'm excited would be an understatement! snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
one week (the 1st January Week) in Les Menuires...
1st time in 3V....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Off to Les Arcs ths first week of Easter. Absolutely cannot wait to be back there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dolomites for me - with one non-skier !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
4 weeks in Dolomites (Alta Badia) mid Jan to mid Feb, tried to do it last year but broke my wrist on second day Sad
hopefully 2024 will be more successful Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
7 weeks in Tignes for me - hopefully on the PSB / PiPAU3 for the first two.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep, Tignes again or us this year!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Val thorens 30th dec, looks like the seasons started early going by their webcams Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Morillon 1100... Fingers crossed it's just a little bit quieter up at the TDS next half term than this Feb...

I have never seen a run so busy in my life... Wouldn't normally go anywhere 2 years running, but had this place booked two yers ago and had to push back last minute due to a couple we were travelling with suddenly being unable to go... Unfortunately, as it was so last minute the rest of us could only find somewhere in Samoens to go to that suited our needs... So it's the GM 2 years running...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Corvara in Jan for a long weekend (Wed-Sun)

Saalbach in early March for a week

Another long weekend provisionally booked for early December if snow conditions allow
latest report
La Plagne 17 to 24 December and then Les Arcs 24 December to 31 December

Also, the Birthday Bash in February Happy
ski holidays
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Zillertal 3000, Dolomiti and SFL for the back half of March.

(Yes I did start a new thread with a correct title)

What is SFL?
snow conditions
Two 24 hour flights to Europe from Australia this year for me.
January 24th to Feb 18th is the first one. Into Milan and out of Munich. Briancon area and then Aosta. Will have a car for that but. Then we catch a train to Saalbach. Will have a stop on the way to check out the Arlberg.

Second trip is for the end of season bash. I may tack on some days on skis before hand if my mum doesn’t join me. If she does I’ll be doing tourist things.
ski holidays
@sbooker, Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis.
ski holidays
Already in the 23 season and living on a steady diet of ibuprofen to keep going until the end Very Happy

For early 24 going to Canada to visit kids working a season there, and then heading to Japan for a couple of weeks.

Then southern hemi 24 will be the usual mix of local good times around the South Island for 4 months. Will likely get a few heli days and a couple of longer hut trips done.
latest report
You lot make me sick Laughing wink Laughing Toofy Grin Razz Laughing
ski holidays
Two booked so far, Val d'Isere in December and Baqueira in February. More to come. Very Happy
snow report
@Scooter in Seattle,
Got it. I may check it out as a day trip from Arlberg. Or too hard?
snow conditions
@Layne,
You’re not doing your usual Christmas or Easter driving the family trip to France?

BTW the relatively extravagant travel from my perspective at least is balanced out by working 60 plus hour weeks (including weekends) during most of the year. I flip from thinking it’s worth it to thinking it would be easier to work less and not have as much travel.
It’s my only indulgence. No fancy house, cars, consumer goods for me.
ski holidays
@sbooker, not too hard for those inclined to poke around. Car-free village at Serfaus, with a slick subway system. Fab piste skiing with some nice long reds.
ski holidays
Fieberbrunn x mas and new year, kirchberg Feb half term. off piste bash march, obertauern 1st week April ischgl 2nd week april
latest report
Booked accommodation Corvara in February. Not arranged flights yet, planning on going to Cortina and making it a 10 day trip.
snow conditions
sbooker wrote:
@Layne,
You’re not doing your usual Christmas or Easter driving the family trip to France?

BTW the relatively extravagant travel from my perspective at least is balanced out by working 60 plus hour weeks (including weekends) during most of the year. I flip from thinking it’s worth it to thinking it would be easier to work less and not have as much travel.
It’s my only indulgence. No fancy house, cars, consumer goods for me.

Yes, expect/hope to be doing the two weeks. Will probably book tunnel for Christmas soon.

It's a good idea if your work allows it to some compressed hours to get more travel time. But as you say tough doing 60-hour weeks too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ellmau, Tirol Lodge right by the Hartkaiser gondola at end of Jan. Selva, Acadia Mountain Lodge, right by the nursery slopes in March. Same resorts/hotels as 2023.

I don't like walking with skis to and from lifts/pistes...
snow conditions
@Layne, ive been booking the ferry of late for a considerable saving over the tunnel. I know it takes an hour longer but its not so bad having a chill out
snow report
5 nights in Levi end of Jan just booked. That'll be a new experience.

And looking to book our group trip for Easter in the next month or so!
ski holidays
Mother hucker wrote:
@Layne, ive been booking the ferry of late for a considerable saving over the tunnel. I know it takes an hour longer but its not so bad having a chill out

For me it depends but tend to go tunnel despite the cost. On the way out we are often quite time critical. On the way back we are very early Sunday morn and ferries are less frequent. But occasionally I find the price too steep and/or timing is less of an issue.
ski holidays
Tignes booked for New Year in a group of families - first time there. I like a resort with trees and character but after last year we are going for as much snow as possble and really looking forward to it! Also hoping to get away again just the 4 of us but it's GCSE year for our eldest and she takes school very seriously! (Which is good, I know). Will try and get a short break in when she knows the workload.
snow report
@Soozm, despite my kids being in A level and GSCE years respectively we still went twice 22/23 with the second trip at 'Easter' as usual. We figured that they needed a bit of respite from hard revision. And they got good grades so no regrets.
latest report
VT booked for end of Jan.
Already found the 3Valleys Escapade, and recon that looks like a bit of fun
I'm not sure it's possible to do the Coeur Blanc on a normal day as a normal skier without the early start they get on the official charity day.
snow report
off to st gervais again from 6th jan to the 12 feb, dont spend much on anything else and after working mega hours for many years now is the time for us to enjoy life. Counting the days, just hope the snow is better this time
latest report
I'm off to Les Arcs in the first week of April. Family holiday with my OH, our kids and my parents. First time the kids have been in ski school, so I'm excited and apprehensive Confused
snow report
Still not sure if there is a catch (nothing open? Too early to be sure of sufficient snow? Staff training week?) but we couldn't resist what seemed like a giveaway price from LeSki for Val d'Isere on 6 Dec. Flights/transfer/shared chalet/breakfast+dinner/7 nights for £850pp.
latest report
@gendal, opening day is 02 12 23..
ski holidays
@Soozm, we skied at half term and Easter and it was the same for us, our daughter got the grades she wanted and this year we’ll be doing the same for A level. She’ll bring the books and if the weather’s not up to much at any point she’ll catch up on some revision instead. We also went away at Christmas (not skiing) and in each case she got ahead with getting her notes ready and I actually think it helped her get prepared early.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy