Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2023/2024 (Dec 1 - April 21)

Poster: A snowHead
@stanton, sounds like you got booted from the Underground! Seems Joan was good at character assessment! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Pyramus, actually, it was nowhere near as bad as 10C might suggest. If you moved with the sun, you could still find aspects that were skiing well. Some fresh snow would however be very welcome.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ulmerhutte wrote:
@davidthornton, I was told that Joan scored an apartment in that new block?

Suppose she might have done.
Dump no, entertaining and very handy for me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Re - Underground
Thank you all. We suspected as much. Hadn’t realised she was an Aussie.
We’ve been to Murrmel the last 2 nights - 2 different acts (live music) solo guitarist singers doing covers which was exactly what we were looking for really.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Average age in Murmel has been 60 years for the current week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@nunex, The discount on the lift pass means we have some money left over to spend on expensive beer Smile We are also about the same age as Gunnar so remember the tunes he plays!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munich_irish, Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ulmerhutte wrote:
@stanton, sounds like you got booted from the Underground! Seems Joan was good at character assessment! Toofy Grin

Never went .. Only to the original donwtown & the very previous establishment The Belfast in Pettneu

After narrowly escaping 12/09/02 (Bali) I avoid crowded/packed Venues.

I woud love to off een booted Very Happy Very Happy .. I know a few who have been .

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am Reporting from Asia......

Tomorrow will not bring much snow ... It will rain in Town..

More rain so far this season than in the last 35 seasons and we are only at the end of January..

2nd week of Ferbruary looking better... Temperature drop & snow ...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The tourist office website forecast includes the words "hurricane" & "far too mild for this time of year", however it does look as if there will be a small top up on the pistes tomorrow (even if it is sleety stuff in the village) and a pleasant sunny though breezy weekend in prospect. Perfect for joining the other wrinklies in the Murrmel or revisiting löst youth in the Moose.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nunex wrote:
Average age in Murmel has been 60 years for the current week.

The 60yr olds probably have more disposable cash than the younger crowd so I doubt that Max will be worried about the age group in his bar. I'll be there in a few weeks, not quite 60 yet but I'll be there at the same time as a work colleague who will be 60 that week so we won't be upsetting the age balance too much Happy

Gunar is around 65ish now, he's been playing different locations in St Anton since 1990ish and many of the people who go to see him play now also saw him when he first started which also explains the age of the clientele in there. My son who is 20 thinks the Murrmel is a great place and likes all the songs so I think there will still be some new customers in the future, they won't all die out !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@nunex, Those 60 year old folks probably appreciate the relaxed vibe and live music at Max's place rather than mixing it at places like Bobo's and Bar Cuba where the KK and MW leavers fall into when they've downed too much beer and shots for their own sanity, having already lost their rental snowboards and Billabong jackets on the last run down to town, and urinated on the wall outside one of the Fussgangerzone shops..
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Back on to a snow report:-

Nothing new other than I found quieter pistes and better snow in Warth and Schrocken today. Most pistes need more than a dusting to improve the skiing in the Arlberg. Skiing very much like March conditions, a good bit of Teflon with plenty of Slush Puppy. Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The last few days, but especially today, were curious from a crowd perspective. It has been crazy busy for an hour or so from lift open and then people just disappear somewhere. No lift queues to speak of, except perhaps Seekopfbahn until lunchtime. The late afternoons have been very cruisey, except for the valley run below Z’bahn.

This morning was challenging because of the crowds and light. Valfagehr was the busiest I have seen this season. Light was also fairly flat, but nowhere near as bad as on the route out of the Flexenbahn Mittelstation. The other side of road was much better.

Crazy temperatures. The Pano channel was showing 12C at the village level at lunchtime. I could believe it. Nasserein was a slushfest after lunch.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Today we went to Rendl with a guide, to the top of Vordere Rendlspitze, and then all the way down to Pettneu.

It was a good day.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skimastaaah, no dusting required up on Rendl on Saturday, the highlight of our week was the on piste powder on Riffl and off Gampberg. Fabulous condition and very quiet. If you are able I’d suggest getting around there rather than being over on Warth Schroeken at the moment.

Pleased overall with the snow last week despite the varying conditions and a couple of days rain - no plans to return this season unless things dramatically improve, far too warm atm and outlook springlike. Great place, never disappoints, talking with folks on the ferry on way home who’d been in Savoie, Italy, Switzerland and Salzburg area it seems Arlberg conditions are the best that Europe is offering right now.
ski holidays
Well I think Austria got the most recent top up so that prob makes sense
snow report
Galzig rain today, Rendl no different. Lots of rain soaked folk making the most of the Arlberg conditions.
snow conditions
Snowing in Zürs with temperature close to 0C, quite windy at the top so one run enough for today! We are staying in an hotel with 28 rooms and we already have 2 bad ACLs a broken arm and a broken shoulder. Perhaps an indication of how tricky the current conditions can be. One more day to survive!
ski holidays
A blizzard has really hit the Galzig, but raining below maybe 1600m.

The upper pistes, especially early, were fun to ski. The lower pistes are now, not surprisingly, piles of goop.

Time for an early lunch and then reassess.
latest report
@Onelasttime1!, I left Zurs this morning and spent time in St Anton shopping. I reckon we had the best of the snow in the Arlberg over the last few days, but had to evade the masses skiing the main routes to Lech. Madloch has been busy with the Zursersee lift packed Laughing
snow report
It looks rather depressing on the the valley-level webcams today!! Crying or Very sad
snow report
@Pyramus, soggy grumpy blokes stomping around town this morning. On my way to the airport and stopped off at Seefeld, not bothered skiing in the pouring rain, and had pleasant lunch under canopy watching the rain fall. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
skimastaaah wrote:
soggy grumpy blokes stomping around town this morning.

What a sight, lovely! Definitely sounds and looks like a spa day today! Very Happy
latest report
Beginning to look quite tasty from next Friday. Temps dropping off considerably and lots of snow, might make for an interesting transfer day on Saturday if this model turns into reality. Just in time for my trip Very Happy

snow conditions
@Pyramus, I will believe it, when I see it. A week ago, the ever optimistic Snow-Forecast was saying 35cm for Sunday night. Now it looks like a return to spring.

Funnily enough, it has just started to snow quite steadily.
snow report
@Pyramus, Never believe a forecast for a week away, always less snow than predicted Smile Currently looking like it will be a pleasant weekends skiing. The snow will stop and the sun come out, a little breezy maybe. A good deal better than some recent trips which have been very soggy.
latest report
Sunny afternoon predicted today for St. A!
No!! Mountains do not always co-operate.
snow report
The weather is indeed pretty gloomy but all forecasts suggesting sunshine tomorrow. In line with some previous comments the average age of those wandering around Dorfstr. is definitely on the mature side.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ABB has just announced that the main StA lifts will open 15min earlier from tomorrow. Apparently the Stuben lifts will run extended hours, but I did not check the details as we are almost never over there late enough for that to matter.

Time to vent: the Gampen restaurant was packed to the gunwales from around 11:30am. People were sitting on the floor in the hallways. Despite that, people were unwilling to share spare seats on their tables. Many examples of people putting their gear on the spare seats. The most egregious example was a young guy and his kid daughter who took over an 8-seat table and refused to let others use the spare seats. He claimed he had people coming, but in the 40 min we were there, nobody joined him. One lady, looking for a place to eat, remonstrated with him, and then with some sort of manager. The latter just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Utterly selfish and arrogant behaviour.
snow report
@ulmerhutte, was that at the restaurant downstairs?
latest report
@Markymark29, it was the self-service “restaurant” at the same level as the Gampen bar & Himmeleck restaurant.
snow report
@ulmerhutte, Still quicker to get the 08:40 bus to Zürs (Arlenmädher not open until 09:00). Hope Schindler is open tomorrow (saw it was closed this afternoon). Albona open from 08:30 until 16:15 according to the app
snow report
@ulmerhutte, should just sit down. What they gonna do, assault whoever sits there? Like to see him try.
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, So go down the escalator, its still open downstairs, doors next to the gents WC make it look like its closed, and its almost empty, lots of space when upstairs rammed. Great pizzas too. Or go up to gampen, i personally aren’t a fan of the ground floor new self serve place at Galzig.
snow report
ulmerhutte wrote:
Utterly selfish and arrogant behaviour.

I used to think that was the preserve of our good friends from Germany, not so any more. Toofy Grin
latest report
@Markymark29, ahhh, in the post I was talking about Gampen, which left me scratching my head - apart from Kinderwelt, I could not picture a restaurant downstairs in that building.

At the Galzig, we often do the same thing you mentioned. Usually quiet, however during peak season, which I guess starts this week, the ski school commandeers it from 12 - 1pm.
snow report
A fairly warm & mostly sunny day. Zürs was especially good first thing (good all day), really nice pistes and few people. By 10:00 the hordes were appearing out of the Flexenbahn, by 10:30 the queue for the Zürserseebahn was such that it was time to move on to other things. Täli was as good as always, even the flat bit at the end was good snow. Madloch was good for the first two thirds, the couple of steeper pitches at the end were large soft moguls on a hard base not ideal. Conditions in Lech were poor very soft lumpy snow, hard work (I didnt go over towards Warth or the bowl under the Steinmädherbahn, might have been better). I got the bus back to Zürs as wanted to do some skiing in St Anton. Top part of Schindler was really nice but lower down not so much, the strong wind made the path in the middle a bit of a chore. The snow on Kandahar was much better than I expected but it was overrun. Not pleasant, the usual eejits who go far too fast, various crashes involving those who should get the lift down, generally too many people for the skiing to be enjoyable. Given the amount of avalanche debris etc I cant see Steissbachtal opening anytime soon. Lower down was the usual St Anton spring conditions, soft sugary moguls which are challenging for some. More of the same tomorrow (and the next few days)
snow report
@munich_irish, a good summary.

We went to Warth today.

We must have moved ahead of the hordes. The only significant queue we encountered was at the Zürs Übungslift, which was probably due to the qualzillions of mosquito squad racers, who seemed to be participating in some sort of competition on the adjacent race course.

I know what you mean about the 2 steeper pitches at end of the Madloch - Zug run. An odd mixture of sugar and death cookies, on an icy base. Not too exciting!

On way back from Warth, it was not warm - it was hot. Damn hot. Schlegelkopf especially was a field of sloppy mashed potatoes.

When my Wife called it a day, I had a play in the side pistes of Osthang and Tanzböden. The snow was firm enough to be good fun. Downloaded at the end of the day - could not face the valley run with the hordes and piles of goop. Looking down from the Galzigbahn, I concluded that was a good decision.

Went to San Antonio for dinner. Still as good as it ever was. Good food at reasonable prices.
snow report
@munich_irish, slight hunch: you don’t like the Rüfikopfbahn? Cool
snow report
@Langerzug, I was sat having a coffee on the main street. I could time my arrival at the bus stop for a couple of minutes before the bus was due (they go every 10 mins). By the time I had queued for the lift and got to the top I would pretty much be in Zürs. The skiing on the route to Zürs is fine but nothing special better to head back to St Anton to fit in more there (though I would have been better doing Täli again!). Sunny morning in St Anton.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy