Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2023/2024 (Dec 1 - April 21)

Poster: A snowHead
Arrived last Thursday morning rain at first so had lunch and walked about in Lech. Evening it started to snow. Friday was overcast till 11am once the sun pieced through, it was amazing we traverse from top of the steinmander chairlift and came at the back of the bubble that goes towards warth,think we did 4 runs as it takes sometime to get back. Skipped lunch and boarded as much as we could.
Saturday headed towards Stuben, zurs and round the back at Lech. Very cold but clear. Sunday was again cold but warmed up had lunch in Warth.
Enjoyed the setup and will def be back
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Silly temperatures this morning. 7C on Rendl and 4C on the Galzig.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
What is st Anton avalanche risk like at moment ? Have a guide booked for Friday
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@alex99, Currently 2. It is so warm today, with rain forecast for tomorrow, so the off piste is likely to be sketchy.

The heavily tracked slopes today are resembling elephant mucous, with patches of Velcro snow lower down. Called it quits at 12. No sense risking injury by skiing when it is not enjoyable. I guess the storm kept many indoors yesterday, but it funny seeing almost no crowds yesterday, when there was good snow, and big crowds today. The queue for the Galzigbahn was out of the race at various times this morning.

The upper lifts on Galzig opened around 11am.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 24-01-24 13:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@alex99, https://avalanche.report/bulletin/latest
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It will remain warm for next 10days except wirh a brief drop in temp this weekend and probanly snow..

Some weather records being broken in Austria... Current one is alltime high for January..

Down in Innsbruck its almost T shirt weather Very Happy Very Happy

Time to get some real Sun in Asia while the masses invade St Anton ... Shocked

Back when there gone....

First 2-3 weeks of the ski season in De ember were the best so far.......

It would be unusual if there was not a significant dump or two in February but the weather is crazy

Standby for next seasons prices Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
how is the weather and snow condition in Arberg today? thinking of a day trip tomorrow
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not every day in the mountains is bluebird and powder, and today sure ain’t.

It rained all night and is still raining in the village. Delayed opening on many lifts. It is scary how much snow has disappeared off our deck, almost overnight. I am too old for this poo - having a lay day.

I feel so sorry for those people here for only a week. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@magicpeach, on the good side, there is plenty of snow, and it appears that it is snowing around the Galzig level. On the flip side, there has not been a freeze since Tuesday, and one is not forecast for tomorrow. A mix of showers and snow is forecast for tomorrow, with positive temps. The snow will likely be heavy from the get-go.

Should you do a day trip tomorrow? That I cannot answer for you. I wouldn’t.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ulmerhutte, yup, it’s really grim but like you say it happens. Saturday and Sunday looking better hopefully but so far this week has been very poor, looks like today and tomorrow are down days. Feel sorry for the guides not many lifts open, no work no pay.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bergfex states 30cm of snow during the night, with a FL of 1500m. Is it really that bad up mountain?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The weather forecast is better after tomorrow, generally dry, mild during the day but freezing at night. Sounds a bit like late March.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@munich_irish, taking a view on today’s proceedings at 12.00 - still lashing it down. More like early May. Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from shopping. It is still raining steadily, the Rosanna is running high & dirty, and umbrellas are a hot item at Spar.

People wandering around town, many somewhat aimlessly, and a few hardy souls skiing on Nasserein. Three things that evoke the most melancholy feelings: a room after the last party guest had left, a deserted battlefield, and a ski resort in the rain.

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ulmerhutte, the feeling after the Tour de France peloton has just passed through, or sat on a beautiful Greek beach in a taverna in the rain.

Soon to be 2 more up on Osthang doing laps in the rain!
latest report
@Markymark29, true, and hat’s off to you for being hardy enough to be out there today.
snow report
ulmerhutte wrote:
Just back from shopping. It is still raining steadily, the Rosanna is running high & dirty, and umbrellas are a hot item at Spar.

People wandering around town, many somewhat aimlessly, and a few hardy souls skiing on Nasserein. Three things that evoke the most melancholy feelings: a room after the last party guest had left, a deserted battlefield, and a ski resort in the rain.

I get that, but no one skis in the villa... what matters to me is the conditions where people ski and snowboard, and that's up in the mountain. Is that so bad, with a snow level of 3,5m and with reports of a lot of snow pouring down yesterday and today?
snow report
I was watching the webcams and it's snowing heavily where it needs to snow...

So I guess things don't add up.
snow report
@nunex, I will let @Markymark29, or anybody else actually skiing, respond as I called it a day off. After 24 days straight, I don’t need to ski in the rain.

Last I saw today, the freeze level was at 2100m, which is a few metres higher than the Galzig. It certainly can snow below the freeze level, ie into positive temps, but it will not be Utah Smoke. I am not sure what to make of your “reports of a lot of snow pouring down yesterday”. Maybe it did, way up high, after the lifts closed. I did not see any during the day, remembering that the upper mountain lifts were closed.
snow conditions
Yeah, I guess you have that privilege of skiing when you want and I sort of envy you. But maybe the quality thresholds are a little bit different than someone who only has 1/2 weeks per year.
latest report
…and I fully get that. There was a time when I would have been out there, even before I had decent clothes and gloves. Soaked, I still came in happy.

As I said above, I truly do feel sorry for the people who have only this week here. Tuesday was tough, but fabulous skiing. The rest? Well, let’s see what tomorrow brings. We still have a 350cm base, which won’t disappear anytime soon.
latest report
@ulmerhutte, No better so sacked it, not going out to get wet through - would have done it in the past but not pleasant. Forecast looks better tomorrow and weekend, I’d rather do it in dry gear!
ski holidays
I'm going there this Saturday, I would be pissed if I was there now as well.

Next week seems like it will be sunny days, and if the snow is good (or decent) and no precipitation, I guess the conditions will be optimal overall.

Would you agree?
latest report
@nunex, The weekend is going to be sunny, then pretty variable. https://www.bergfex.com/lech-zuers-arlberg/wetter/berg/

I'm in Zurs from Sunday and optimistic of a good few days skiing. snowHead
latest report
The rain is nothing like back in the first weeks of rhe season just before Xmas.

.That was 3 days of a Biblical Asian style Monsoon.....

Rain to 2000metres is not unusual but to 3000+ is

Just sayin ...

Man life is a Beach right now! Very Happy
snow report
Quite an enjoyable morning’s skiing.

Snow conditions pretty much how you would expect after the last 2 days. A dusting of fresh up high, on an icy base. Soft, freeze-thaw snow lower down. The freeze level during the night looked like ~1900m.

Visibility is good.

Not many people out.

Going to the apotheke after skiing today to buy sunscreen for next week! Very Happy
snow report
Some much better than expected turns out there today! Especially once Schindlergrat opened. Couloirs and south face both skiing well. Always nice to see where you are going too!

But if you are thinking of skiing Hinter Rendl, be prepared for some quality turns up top, followed by an almost unskiable icy bobsled run, with creek crossings to step over! Eh oh! Still a good adventure.

Do any of the St Anton locals on here know a store where you can buy women's t-shirts and/or fridge magnets with the Arlberg logo?
latest report
Stunningly beautiful spring Toofy Grin day. Calm, warm, and bluebird.

Great skiing in the morning. Some of the pistes got pretty slick in the afternoon. The off piste was very variable, depending on aspect, but the warm weather and recent rain has not done them any favours.

A good freshen up would be very useful. The ever-optimistic Snow-Forecast is saying a big dump for next weekend. We’ll see…
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TOLOCOMAN wrote:
Some much better than expected turns out there today! Especially once Schindlergrat opened. Couloirs and south face both skiing well. Always nice to see where you are going too!

But if you are thinking of skiing Hinter Rendl, be prepared for some quality turns up top, followed by an almost unskiable icy bobsled run, with creek crossings to step over! Eh oh! Still a good adventure.

Do any of the St Anton locals on here know a store where you can buy women's t-shirts and/or fridge magnets with the Arlberg logo?

Just have a walk down the high street, there used to be a souvenir shop opposite Bar Cuba.
snow report
davidthornton wrote:
TOLOCOMAN wrote:

Just have a walk down the high street, there used to be a souvenir shop opposite Bar Cuba.

For some reason, I want to say it is the Edelweiss shop??? I have walked past it many times, but only ever glanced at it.
ski holidays
Thanks for the suggestions. Will check it out!
latest report
In St Anton for the week, and have a quick question re Apres Ski.
There used to be a bar just off the home run below Mooserwurt. Quite a small place but often with live music.
I think it was run by a very efficient and slightly bossy Austrian / German lady. Very Happy

Does this still exist (if anyone knows what I’m talking about from my terrible vague description) ? We had a little wander in what I thought was the right area but couldn’t find it.
snow report
@seano508, I believe you are thinking of the Underground. AFAIK, it is no longer. Joan retired and is living the life of leisure as a 80-something year old.
ski holidays
Underground demolished, now a modern apt block. The bossy lady, Australian Joan, retired to a very large island off NZ!
Alternative to Underground, though no comparison, is Base Camp, just across the piste by the Gampen chair lift.
snow conditions
Underground demolished, now a modern apt block. The bossy lady, Australian Joan, retired to a very large island off NZ!
Alternative to Underground, though no comparison, is Base Camp, just across the piste by the Gampen chair lift.
latest report
@davidthornton, I was told that Joan scored an apartment in that new block?
snow report
Nice day, plenty of sun, plenty of snow, some busy pistes and lifts, but plenty of room on piste to enjoy. Snow can be variable but generally pretty good and as usual Trittkopf and Mugengrat keeping freshest. snowHead
ski holidays
I saw it was reading 10 degrees on Gampen webcam today. I'm guessing it's spring skiing this week, early finish for Apres to avoid the slushfest?
latest report
@davidthornton,
That dump was finally demolishrd

The Austrian CEO of the Lift Company bouught it from the strange woman . He was a regular customer ..of hers .
He lives in London and runs the whole show from there. Son of the same name
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_Schmidt-Chiari

Im not saying here but she didnt aquire that prime land/ property by herself ..

The new joint is available for hire

https://www.marmotta-chalets.com/marmotta-culm

The witch of St Anton still lives in Town. Shocked
ski holidays
@Pyramus, 10degreesC at Zurs Trittkopf this morning. Snow this afternoon was more like March, slushy. Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy