Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2023/2024 (Dec 1 - April 21)

Poster: A snowHead
munich_irish wrote:
No doubt looking good for opening next weekend, the webcams are looking very "wintery". Certainly the best conditions early season for a few years.

The local forecaster (used by the Arlberg tourist boards) seems to think less snow in the next few days than the various forecast sites though agrees with the suggestion of generally low temperatures.

Hi, as forecasts go, do you rate this source? Next 9 days shows St Anton peaking at just +2c as a one off blip, the snow dump on Tuesday looks promising.
https://www.bergfex.com/sommer/stanton-am-arlberg/wetter/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Snow&skifan, This is always subject to discussions and personal preference. Almost all the forecast sites are based on one of two academic forecast models either GFS (American) or ECM (European), they both have their own particular quirks but neither can be said to be more accurate than the other. The various national and mountain / sking forecast sites base their forecasts on this underlying data and have their own "front end" which maybe add their own tweaks. None of the automated forecasts are particularly accurate beyond the next few hours though they do give some general guidance. I prefer to look at https://www.wxcharts.com/ simply because it has the various forecasts in one place. Henri's forecasts at https://wepowder.com/en are worth reading simply because he is interpreting the various data from a skiing perspective and seems to have a good knowledge of mountain weather, the automated forecasts there tend to be far too optimistic about the likely amounts of snow!

As I mentioned above the various Arlberg tourist office sites (and a number of other Tirolean areas) use forecasts from a local person based in the Landeck area, he is adding his knowledge of local meteorology to the basic data everyone else uses. Whether this is better or worse than anyone else is debatable.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The season is secured with over 180cm on the hill....

Skies clearing

Avalanche warning Level 4..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:

Wow, in November. I can’t remember this for many autumn/winters (with no sign of a big mild and rainy spell to spoil …. touch wood).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all, just wondering when would it be an appropriate time to book flights and accommodation to lech for 17-24 skiing December?

Should I hold out a week before booking
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just saw the FB post of the top of Galzig and a groomer working next to the unload of Tanzböden. Sunny morning. Buckets of snow. Looked amazing. I know it is early, but cannot help feel the stoke building.

For those on FB: https://www.facebook.com/100070317437586/posts/pfbid02KrEc3c465U7taiafG11JMh6RNWQCg7xnFz7HHAdhdw291tZ7Gnk15APxTHS5n8PPl/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

St Anton

https://www.facebook.com/WetterOnlineAustria/videos/1376416026627744

St Christoph

http://youtube.com/v/5dl92PcHXAU?

@chubuking, This Winter season is secured ....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ulmerhutte, My FB full of local friends going down Kapall and Fang in thigh deep powder.....not upsetting at all! Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Much easier to clear snow with no tipsy Scandinavians wobbling home after the Moose!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From the st anton Facebook page! Decent November totals!!

Mother Hulda was busy at the weekend. Eh oh!Eh oh! Eh oh!

We currently have 175 cm of fresh snow at the Galzig. Eh oh!Eh oh!

Eh oh! ️ The ski area is currently closed Eh oh!

#feelarlberg #stantonamarlberg #skiarlberg #arlberg #skiingislife #freshsnow #skiing #snow #powpow #winter
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's a toss up between St Anton and Mayrhofen... head out a month today and a lot can change a month, edging towards St Anton having seen all this though Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Drifter210, In general the Arlberg has the best skiing and the best snow in the eastern alps. That is not to say other places wont have great snow and great skiing. Sometimes the weather works out such that the best snow is elsewhere. The Zillertal is really good too though it does not have the range of off piste and ski routes the Arlberg has. It has other things such as the glacier and perhaps more attractive villages. You can have a great time in both places.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@munich_irish thanks for the detail!

Made it out to St Anton at New Year / early Jan for my first Austrian Ski Experience. Started off terribly snow wise but was vastly improved around 5th Jan...lucky enough to score some great off piste high up...quite tempted to come back as I'm now more familiar with the area and this year could me more terrain open (fingers crossed)!

Never been to the Zillertal/Mayrhofen area but both seem quick and easy by Train from Innsbruck! I'll be travelling with an advanced and intermediate. If i recall I remember thinking the blue runs in st anton might still be challenging for an intermediate? How does Mayrhofen compare?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have to much SNOW Very Happy Very Happy

Storm Oliver is delivering Very Happy Very Happy

2 metres on the Hill within the next couple of Hours !!!

Dumping again all morning and getting getting harder... should clear by tomorrow & Thursday (freeze level 1500M) then Another storm will blow in on Friday Very Happy

There is snow on the ground all the way down valley to Landeck & Zams we havent seen that in a couple of seasons .....

http://youtube.com/v/8VQuCgUvohk?

snow report
Has last season's total snow fall been beaten yet? Can't be far off and it's still November Laughing
ski holidays
Just announced: Madloch open on December 1st! Toofy Grin
snow report
ski holidays
Just booked for the weekend of the 9th, hope the snow stays!
snow conditions
Just seen a forecast for a minimum -22C next Sunday night no more than -5C during the day. Time to get out the Siberian kit....
snow report
i will be there for the weekend. Hope not so crowded.

A quick question : it is relative easy to find a parking place at the Nasserein Parking?
I would like to use the bus (we book in St. Jakob) but with two kids and all the skis etc it is a little bit too much.
On the other side a ski depot for two days kostet almost 70 euro. Better to give them somewhere else
ski holidays
@turms2, I presume you are talking about the carpark at Terminal Öst. If you get there early, ie around 8:30am, you will generally find many spots. It does however fill up, though I am not sure when, as I usually don’t see it again until the end of the day, when it usually very full.
ski holidays
@turms2, It should not be so crowded this weekend. The Nasserein parking does fill up (its not free either) so I would make sure you are there reasonably early. How much are you being charged for storage? many places have deals with one of the ski hire shops for reduced cost or even free storage.
snow conditions
munich_irish wrote:
@turms2, It should not be so crowded this weekend. The Nasserein parking does fill up (its not free either) so I would make sure you are there reasonably early. How much are you being charged for storage? many places have deals with one of the ski hire shops for reduced cost or even free storage.

i found a small Pension in St. Jakob for 90 Euro per Night (with Breakfast) für 2 Erw und 2 Kids
I think a better price in St. Anton couldnt find. Thats why i decided to book it.

Reasonably early is a big question with two small kids. I dont think it will be possible. I suppose also at Sunday i will have to go with the bus for skiing, and turn back with the bus to take the car and drive home.
Otherwise i could give it a try at least at Sunday....no idea what to do

Unfortunately our Pension does not offer free storage or even a discount
The storage for 4 pair for two nights is around 65 euro (all together)
ski holidays
@turms2, outside the main holiday periods you shouldn't have a problem parking at Nasserein
snow report
stanton wrote:
We have to much SNOW Very Happy Very Happy

Storm Oliver is delivering Very Happy Very Happy

2 metres on the Hill within the next couple of Hours !!!

Dumping again all morning and getting getting harder... should clear by tomorrow & Thursday (freeze level 1500M) then Another storm will blow in on Friday Very Happy

There is snow on the ground all the way down valley to Landeck & Zams we havent seen that in a couple of seasons .....

http://youtube.com/v/8VQuCgUvohk?

I love St Christoph when it snows heavily, a white moonscape.
snow conditions
@turms2, as @clarky999, says it should be OK, it is opening weekend which is usually pretty quiet however the exceptional snow could attract lots of locals. From memory it is €5 or €6 per day for parking, when you are only paying €90 per night for 4 it is probably a bit unreasonable to expect free ski lockers too! The worse that could happen is no spaces and then you would have to drop the family off and go back to St Jakob and get the next bus
snow report
Anyone have any recommendations regarding accommodation mid December? Looking directly from the village websites is roughly €1000 euro per week.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
munich_irish wrote:
@turms2, as @clarky999, says it should be OK, it is opening weekend which is usually pretty quiet however the exceptional snow could attract lots of locals. From memory it is €5 or €6 per day for parking, when you are only paying €90 per night for 4 it is probably a bit unreasonable to expect free ski lockers too! The worse that could happen is no spaces and then you would have to drop the family off and go back to St Jakob and get the next bus

i didnt have this expectation of a free Ski depot for 90 Euro pro Night...of course...
Parking cost is 7 Euro for one day

And i also thought ok, it is opening weekend etc. But after this snow, i make worries that it will be not so quiet as other seasons...
However, i incline to use the depot service from intersport etc.
It will be more convenient for the kids also.
ski holidays
@chubuking, I booked for next weekend, no issue to find places under €100 / night / room. I assume you have looked on the tourist office site. Look at Pettneu for a bit cheaper.
snow report
@chubuking, there are a few hotels in Stuben worth looking at. Some do a package price inc a lift pass
latest report
well to be honest, i took the PDF with the Accommodation List and send an Email to almost every Gasthof Pension etc...

It is really strange that where i booked there was availability for the whole week, but in the search engine from the Tourist office didnt find this pension as available.
That happened also with some other...
e.g. i had some offers for lets say 120 pro Night = 240 for two, but with the search engine the cheaper was from 350 or more.
latest report
@turms2, that's probably related to the 'settings' chosen by the individual accommodations in the tourist office bookings system: default setting of minimum 7 days booking. And not aware/interested/capable to change that to get bookings for the weekend.
Or hoping/assuming that people would understand that they should get in touch directly to request a shorter booking, and book directly, not via the Tourist office.
Accommodations are also paying a percentage to the local tourist office for bookings, just like with commercial booking-sites like TripAdvisor and Booking.com
latest report
Langerzug wrote:
@turms2, that's probably related to the 'settings' chosen by the individual accommodations in the tourist office bookings system: default setting of minimum 7 days booking. And not aware/interested/capable to change that to get bookings for the weekend.
Or hoping/assuming that people would understand that they should get in touch directly to request a shorter booking, and book directly, not via the Tourist office.
Accommodations are also paying a percentage to the local tourist office for bookings, just like with commercial booking-sites like TripAdvisor and Booking.com

i thought so also...i think has with the settings to do.
However i think i got the best option. Cheaper in St. Anton is really difficult and if so, then maybe in Pettneu

The bus time table is also announced for this saison and till 16.12 there are 2 pro Hour from St.Jakob to St. Anton.
Not bad at all
Lets see how it will be.
Last time was 2014...almost 10 years
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
@chubuking, there are a few hotels in Stuben worth looking at. Some do a package price inc a lift pass

I looked at the tourist office website and still coming out with similar pricing so if you know where to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!
snow conditions
turms2 wrote:
well to be honest, i took the PDF with the Accommodation List and send an Email to almost every Gasthof Pension etc...

It is really strange that where i booked there was availability for the whole week, but in the search engine from the Tourist office didnt find this pension as available.
e.g. i had some offers for lets say 120 pro Night = 240 for two, but with the search engine the cheaper was from 350 or more.

Where can I find the pdf ? Very Happy
ski holidays
@chubuking, I just looked for the 09.12 to 16.12 double room in Pettneu, loads between €600 & €800 though of course you can pay more. €630 for a Pension with B&B right next to the bus stop at Vadiesen.
ski holidays
chubuking wrote:
turms2 wrote:

Where can I find the pdf ? Very Happy

https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/service/order-brochures/brochures
snow report
chubuking wrote:
kitenski wrote:

I looked at the tourist office website and still coming out with similar pricing so if you know where to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

the tourist office of Stuben?
ski holidays
@chubuking, It'll be very quiet in resort that week, my suggestion is to go to Pettneu or Flirsch if you are looking for cheaper deals, knock a few doors and you'll be sure to get a bargain early season. Or jump on the St Anton website and do an accommodation search, you can search by area, but it'll be more expensive than if you just go and speak to them directly. No such thing as a cheap lift-pass deal btw, all they are doing is rolling it up in the overall cost, buy accommodation from the hotels directly and lift pass from lift station.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy