Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First week of April near Salzburg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@Pignik, Remember it's the Sun that has the greatest impact on surface conditions above freezing altitude, so all those "got to go to the Glacier" punters may not be entirely accurate for early April. It can get pretty soft, pretty quickly where the Glacier is not in shade and of course there are no trees!

My only experience of this was in Solden mid April, it was t-shirt warm but the snow on the glacier was exceptionally good even at three o'clock in the afternoon, much better than equivalent snow at similar height elsewhere in the resort. I took the view that the snow was basically "on ice" and therefore kept its quality. I think it had snowed a couple of days before we arrived though so maybe that was a factor.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only been to Flachau once - a couple of weeks ago - but from what I saw I would base myself in Flachau for a trip in April.
We had a couple of warm days and the runs back into Flachau held up really well. Better than the flying Mozart run down into Wagrain.

From Flachau you can quickly drive up to access Flachauwinkl or Zauchensee. I preferred getting the bus back from Flachauwinkl than taking 3 chairs and Panorama gondola in quick succession.

I really enjoyed my first visit and I will go back sometime in the future.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

@Pignik, Top of the flying mozart down the wagrain side would be tricky for a novice, a bit easier on the flachau side but still red..how much of a novice is she?

Top of grafenberg has a lovely blue from the top and there's loads more going a bit further over to alpendorf

Kleinarl has a couple of blue runs...one wide but not very long, the other basically a track to the lumberjack chair...you would be better off at Zauchensee.

She's very cautious. Thanks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, yeah - I know! Can't help myself though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

@Pignik, much of a muchness. Starjet is in the centre with most restaurants and bars, space jet at the far end, only really the dampfkessel and weinstadl (pizza) Achter in between...that's where my flat is ...15 mins walk to the centre, has a couple of umbrella bars and restaurants nearby. Shuttle busses run between all the lifts till around 5pm-5.15pm

Let us know what accommodation you are thinking of and we can advise

Looking at a couple of places. I can't imagine there's much between them in terms of location... but let me know any thoughts. There are a couple more suitable and available.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/at/happy-flachau.en-gb.html
https://www.booking.com/hotel/at/appartementhaus-sportuna.en-gb.htm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pignik, looks fine...you can walk to the achterjet in 10 mins or less or hop on the shuttle to any of the lifts. You have the Jagdhof restaurant and Salzburger a few steps away. Also Schnitzel Eck but we don't think it's very good

There's a new restaurant..Seven..in the Bergzeit nearby. Haven't tried it but looks good. ..kind of fusion. Let us know if you go there
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

@Pignik, looks fine...you can walk to the achterjet in 10 mins or less or hop on the shuttle to any of the lifts. You have the Jagdhof restaurant and Salzburger a few steps away. Also Schnitzel Eck but we don't think it's very good

Thanks!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pignik, note the link to b*rgzeit above is autogenerated...its not the hotel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There’s been a lot of talk of going high, perhaps to Kaprun and the Kitzsteinhorn. I was up there on Wednesday last week, and it was absolutely idyllic - clear, blue sky and perfect snow. However it was the only day when conditions were like that; before and after it was in the cloud. You have to choose your day.
Incidentally it took me 25 minutes to drive there from Saalbach, where I’ve been getting plenty of slushy mogul practice, especially as I’m hopeless at getting out early. Today I went up the (south-facing) Kohlmais sector of the ski area. Yes, the snow was slushy, but the pistes were deserted and it was snowing higher up, so I enjoyed it.
Obviously the gondolas make it easy to download from mid-station, but I don’t bother. The pistes are uncrowded, and it’s all good practice, whatever the snow conditions.
All the links and lower pistes down to the village are still open, by the way.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

There’s been a lot of talk of going high, perhaps to Kaprun and the Kitzsteinhorn. I was up there on Wednesday last week, and it was absolutely idyllic - clear, blue sky and perfect snow. However it was the only day when conditions were like that; before and after it was in the cloud. You have to choose your day.
Incidentally it took me 25 minutes to drive there from Saalbach, where I’ve been getting plenty of slushy mogul practice, especially as I’m hopeless at getting out early. Today I went up the (south-facing) Kohlmais sector of the ski area. Yes, the snow was slushy, but the pistes were deserted and it was snowing higher up, so I enjoyed it.
Obviously the gondolas make it easy to download from mid-station, but I don’t bother. The pistes are uncrowded, and it’s all good practice, whatever the snow conditions.
All the links and lower pistes down to the village are still open, by the way.

Sounds promising - thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Pignik, update: it’s been snowing heavily here in Saalbach for a couple of days and nights. The roads and footpaths are a foot deep in fresh powder!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some of the Schladming Valley higher resorts e.g. Hauser Kaibling, are already reporting 50cm of fresh snow with more due until possibly tomorrow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy