Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR Banff, Canada. First timer over the pond. 18th ..26th Feb

Poster: A snowHead
@TommyJ, the popcorn shop does the most enormous pieces of popcorn I’ve ever seen. Puts the Odeon stuff in the UK to shame.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Orange200, yeah it reminded me of a flat donut rather than a pancake. I had banana on mine.
Tasted very deep fried.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gaz_H, hope that you managed to avoid the national Canadian dish - can't remember it's name but it's truly disgusting! I travel Africa and the far East and nothing tops it for yuk.
As for the skiing I found LL the best, the back bowls, fluffy powder up to the thighs, little resistance.
There's a free bus up to the Banff Springs Hotel from Banff, worth a trip for taste of a magnificent baronial pile.
Stayed in Banff and found the buses to the ski areas good.
Bloody cold in January though!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@narbs, just Googled the BeaverDog.
Looks like a sort of sausage roll.
Why was it a mistake?
It never had sweet pastry around that jumbo sausage did it? Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davidthornton, poutine?
I tried it but it was ‘a bit much’
Ok for the first few mouthfuls but the bowl was that big I couldn’t eat it all.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Why was it a mistake?

Oh it most certainly did Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apparently you can now get a ‘poutail’ - a beavertail topped with poutine
I suspect they’ll have to rethink the name for marketing purposes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had one of my life's most memorable meals a the LL Relais/Chateau restaurants years ago. But the queues sound like they have not improved.

Beaver Tails........... to be avoided
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@davidthornton, poutine?

Tssk. You'll not get back in the country with that attitude! wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The true Canadian National dish is probably a Tim Hortons donut and coffee with double double... (2x cream and 2x sugar).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timbits!!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TommyJ wrote:

Yes a Poutail.... saw them on sale.... not my thing. My daughter had Poutine and didn't like it... too salty. I don't like cheese so....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sweaman22 wrote:
The true Canadian National dish is probably a Tim Hortons donut and coffee with double double... (2x cream and 2x sugar).

Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
narbs wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Why was it a mistake?

Oh it most certainly did Laughing

Oh my days. What on earth were they thinking Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TommyJ wrote:

Ick.
snow report
stuarth wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@davidthornton, poutine?

Tssk. You'll not get back in the country with that attitude! wink

Something to work on!
snow report
Gaz_H wrote:
TommyJ wrote:

Yes a Poutail.... saw them on sale.... not my thing. My daughter had Poutine and didn't like it... too salty. I don't like cheese so....

I love cheese but yes, too salty. I think it varies from place to place mind. I’ve tried it 3 times in different places across 2 visits to Banff and one was better than the other 2. Still couldn’t get past half a bowl though.
snow conditions
@Gaz_H, we were at Lake Louise today- no queues to speak of, pretty much normal service resumed. I’ve got to be honest- we try and time our stay to miss Family Day weekend- we find it quietens down after that until Easter and the temps are a bit less brutal (HA! to that this year). We also don’t ski on Saturday or Sunday if we can avoid it, but we have a season pass and are here for extended periods every year so we can be flexible.

The cold has improved/ it was minus 7 at the base (I actually felt warm) and about minus 14 up top. Sunny some of the time/ so all in all the best day we’ve had since we arrived last week.

The one thing I would add to your comments is the approach to grooming- there is a daily grooming report published which shows what was groomed that day, one or two days ago or longer than three.

For example, at LL today the Men’s Downhill, Meadowlark and Lake Lindsay’s Way (Women’s Downhill now renamed) were all pretty bumpy. All are single blacks and are often groomed for carving, but not always. Not proper moguls, but bumpy. It’s a slightly different approach and the expectation is for more ungroomed pistes generally outside the blues.

Other than that it’s a good summary of the set up.

Glad you had a good time with the family. (And in all these years we’ve never had a Beaver Tail, but I agree, the name is slightly off-putting Very Happy )
latest report
Hi @lynnecha, maybe we’ll see you there one year! I’m trying to persuade elder daughter for Easter next year but it’s her finals year, we’ll see.

Beaver tails are, as @VolklAttivaS5 says, basically a flattened donut, with topping of your choice. So if you’re not a donut fan, then donut try one (badum tish…)

As for those of you talking about beaver dogs - stop it right now, Banff has always been my favourite ski resort and you are trashing my hopes and dreams, stop it now I say!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy