Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Bag for Travel Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone! My husband and I have a month-long ski trip planned in March to go to 3 Valleys, France. We will fly into Madrid, Spain, then take a train and a flight to get to 3 Valleys. We will rent skis there, but I'll bring the rest of my gear.

The last time my husband and I traveled abroad (not a ski trip), we brought two book bags, a carry-on suite case, and then a large suite case that we checked. This was way too much luggage for moving around Europe, so I didn't want to check a bag this time.

Ideally, I want to bring my carry-on suitcase and my gear bag as my personal item (links below). However, I've never flown with my gear before, so I'm worried I may get flagged for the gear bag being too big (not being able to fit under the seat).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to getting new bags as we have another ski trip planned for CO in Feb.

I need the bags to have space for a large laptop as we both will be working during our trips and a decent amount of space for clothing. I plan on using vacuum bags for our clothing, but I tend to overpack, tho I'm trying really hard not to.

Gear Bag - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2PFF6P9/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?pd_rd_i=B0B2PFF6P9&pd_rd_w=X4tDR&content-id=amzn1.sym.dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_p=dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_r=WXVA0QXAWX2RV1NWNJA1&pd_rd_wg=V1TDx&pd_rd_r=a9df4151-a799-4451-8b9e-647e22d60ffa&s=sporting-goods&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVUtIQkJXNUM5SUY3JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTkwNjk0N1A5SFRaUzhFMDVOJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2OTQxNjAxTEZaWVBNMTY0SldSJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1&tag=amz07b-21

Carry On- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VG5N9D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sskenne, are you flying Iberia. They can be a stickler for “the rules” sometimes. Your gear bag is too big for the overhead and too big for under the seat. The issue with this type of bag is the 13” depth. I tend to use a RAB 50L rucsak style bag.

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/rab-kit-bag-ii-50l-E2314458.html?colour=4925&utm_source=google&utm_medium=gdn&utm_campaign=CWO-UK-PERF-ONG-PLA-NB-GOOGLE-PMAX&gclid=Cj0KCQiAt66eBhCnARIsAKf3ZNHms5QSo7UbqeGVlQCcFfcExcfh-vMMewF6-442TfTg40g5obG189EaAtGJEALw_wcB

I’m packing for a trip later so I’ll post a picture shortly.

Another one I’ve used is a samsonite 2 wheeled cabin bag. Note that the boots go head to toe and not side by side, then the extras go on top. There is normally a laptop pocket on the front.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Since you are on a month long trip I would scope out laundry locations. Either in your apartment or hotel.

When I traveled a lot in Asia I used to book certain hotels because of this. Eg in Seoul I used one that had a coin laundry. That was a Sheraton 4points brand.

In India I used a hotel that had a crazy price per garment ($20) but in the small print you could fill a whole bag for $40. So every week I just got the whole lot done.

If you are using any USA hotel chains like the Hilton etc then they have a company policy to always iron before return to the client so never pay for ironing. Happy

When skiing I just travel with clothes wash liquid and use a sink. Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sskenne I use this as a carry-on bag specifically because it meets the British Airways size requirements (and most other non-budget airlines?)

Big Agnes Big Joe Carry-All Duffel Travel Bag
Dimensions: 45L: 21" x 13.75" x 8.75" / 53 x 35 x 22cm
'Adjustable padded straps can be configured as both backpack and hand carry options. An optional side carry strap can be used when manoeuvring through airports or across a campsite.'

https://www.bigagnes.com/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy