Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelski Express 2022/23 Season Advice

Poster: A snowHead
We travel next week so hoping for 30 min check in and no dramas!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christ..... I haven't got our Eurostar tickets yet for when we head out on the 27th so phoned up Travelski to check. Yep, departure time is 19:04. When I said they may want to correct their email, the guy said the revised times have been running for 4 weeks and no one has missed a train yet....... Wow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@turboblackbeard, I received some travel ‘vouchers’ yesterday for accommodation, trains and transfer etc but no actual tickets. I emailed and they said tickets will be sent separately in a day or two. No reply as to what they propose people should do with pre booked travel to planned to arrive in line for 19.46 departure.

Do you have pre-booked travel to StP or are you local enough it’s not effected that? Just an added hassle / stress that’s not needed if it had been communicated!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Is it that time already?, we are local enough for it to not be a big issue. However all of us are working that day. We had planned on arriving early and getting a pint and snack before checking in. Now we are just going straight to check in as we cant leave any earlier from work. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Just very very amateurish from Travelski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tbh my honest review so far is that it’s a package holiday of various different elements which don’t speak to each other, sellotaped together by a toddler.

I cannot say express my feelings stronger. In particular check your ski passes. Promised 7 days. We were not allowed to use our ski pass until 12:30 today. Somehow we managed an hour of of skiing as lift guys let us on. We went to a lift pass office and they tried calling and got nowhere.

So we had to sit and have a coffee until 12:30!!

We have an apartment but it’s not run by Oydlys who run the building, and seriously we couldn’t get in, electricity was turned off, no access to the lift Sad

I cannot stress enough to check every bit of paper you have as it was totally pants and has soured the holiday.

However snow is awesome and it was a bluebird day today Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Lucywuk, I hear you. When they moved the train forwards I saw the mail said 'everything else will stay the same'. I had to phone them up and explain a few times that keeping the passes and hire the same, when the trip had effectively moved forwards a day, was not a good thing. They then resent everything with the dates moved foward.

It's so frustrating, I want the old skitrain back!

Awesome snow and bluebird days sounds pretty great to me. Have fun and save some for us!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Lucywuk, That sounds a very frustrating morning. Hopefully you’re ‘teething’ issues will be all and the rest goes smoothly for you!

The pass issue is a concern as the 7 day skiing is a big plus. So you were given a half day pass for today? Did the lift pass come with paperwork saying when valid etc? Where did you collect your passes from?

Sorry for so many questions!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had contacted Travelski in advance to confirm I could collect my ski pass when I arrived, as it said when I collect my apartment keys. And that wasn’t until 5pm!! I have an email confirmation that I can collect first thing. I didn’t think I would need to check the dates on it. The pass itself shows 21-27th eg from today. Until Friday. Why would I think it was a 6 day pass? With a free half day!!!

I booked a 7 day one. I also upgraded to Paradiski. NONE OF MY BOOKING EMAILS SUGGEST ITS A 6.5 DAY PASS.

I’ve seen loads of Facebook messages saying people collected their passes and were skiing by 9.

Just be warned it is not a package holiday you will be getting. Therefore everything in resort is down to you.

I normally DIY but fancied the train all the way this year. I dealt with the train changing to overnight, didn’t cancel. I have had to take and extra half day off. I got them to refund me for unused hotel for Friday. I suffered a lack of sleep. But today in resort it was a fxxxing joke and I nearly lost it. 4 visits to the agency immobiler. One 1st thing to get lift passes. One to get keys. One to get the code to the lift that they said we didn’t need. One to ask how to turn on the electric and where was the boot room?
Apparently we should have known not to go in via the reception!! And that there was a 2nd unmarked lift to use. Which meant a half mile walk round and round the multi story car park!!! We don’t have a car!!!

Like I said snow is amazing. Apartment is a dump.

I’m going back to La Tania next year. I blame my husband for wanting to come here!!!! And me for booking via Travelski and assuming it would be ok.

Phew. Rant over!!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Lucywuk, Arghh how frustrating - and 100% with you! I hope it picks up for you.

I’m the same, usually DIY. That way if I balls it up it’s on me but in theory I know everything’s sorted and not relying on others.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’m travelling on the 27th and still do not have our Eurostar tickets.

I’ve got the email they send a week before with the additional travel documents. But no tickets.

Anyone else have the same issue?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got mine the Tuesday before
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok cool, thanks
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Travelski train was meant to leave Moutiers just before our TGV to Paris this morning. We were a bit envious that the Travelski customers were going to get back before us, without changing trains in Paris.

However, it looks like the Travelski train was going to be about 3.5 hrs late into London. Even with changing trains in Paris (which is actually very straightforward) I'm fairly sure we beat the Travelski train to London and the TGV is nicer than the Eurostar.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Toliver182, they said they would be emailed Monday when I asked yesterday so hopefully all good.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As an update. I got mine today
snow report
Yes, same. arrived around lunch time. Although the 4 of us don't seem to be sat together on the way back, seem to have a 1-2-1 combination.

As a side note, the Eurostar tickets say please arrive 30-60 minutes before departure so hoping our 1hr30 as its turned out to be is ok. Interestingly in Travelski's reply this morning, they said they weren't aware of the time change until tickets were issued.

Time to be optimistic - all will fine Smile
ski holidays
Is it that time already? wrote:
Yes, same. arrived around lunch time. Although the 4 of us don't seem to be sat together on the way back, seem to have a 1-2-1 combination.

As a side note, the Eurostar tickets say please arrive 30-60 minutes before departure so hoping our 1hr30 as its turned out to be is ok. Interestingly in Travelski's reply this morning, they said they weren't aware of the time change until tickets were issued.

Time to be optimistic - all will fine Smile

We phoned the French customer service number and changed our seats. You maybe able to do that. I can’t stand travelling backwards and both ways we were like that.
snow conditions
@Lucywuk, ah ok, great, i thought i'd have to sort with eurostar. i'll give them a call and see what they can do. i hope your trip has settled down and going well now?
snow report
Very interesting to read this feedback. Some Snowheads will know I travel regularly by train. You can see 'case studies' of my last
two journeys (to Modane/Orelle) and (Moutiers/Meribel) at Ski Flight Free
http://skiflightfree.org/london-uk-to-meribel-train/
http://skiflightfree.org/uk-london-to-orelle-les-3-vallees-by-train/

I never arrive at LSP more than 1h15 before the train and it's never taken me more than 40 mins to get through (that was the inaugural Travelski departure just over a year ago).
Gare du Nord is way less efficient and I would always leave an hour for this
ski holidays
We've recently done our own train trip and I'd concur with @iainm. We arrived VERY early for our outbound eurostar (our planned train to london was cancelled due to strikes, so we drove to Finchley and got the tube from there) and had to wait for check in to open. Through security and passport control was fairly painless, then another long wait for the boarding to open.

Eurostar standard premier was really really good, it was only a £25 upgrade on the way out and I'd happily pay that again.

We stopped overnight in Paris, then got the TGV direct to Cluses. First class was about €15 extra so we chose that option in both directions. French trains are awesome

The return from Cluses to Paris was again great, we got into Paris about half an hour late but still in plenty of time to have a wander around and get a nice meal. Could have gone straight through to Eurostar with few issues, but woul dhave made for a VERY long day

Checking into Eurostar on the french side was less fun, having to strip off jackets and nags and so forth to go through the scanner, but with no trays to put your gear in you just had to put your coat down on the rollers and hope it didn't have a filthy suitcase dropped on top of it. Eurostar recommend allowing 75-90 minutes, we checked in about 100 minutes before departure but I don't think you need more than an hour
snow report
Just to chip in on the check in times. Interestingly the Eurostar tickets themselves for the Travelski express state to arrive 120min before hand, its not just Travelski saying it in an email. I think they have decided this because of the amount of extra luggage.

Saying that we cannot get there any earlier so will be arriving for check in about 90mins before departure. I think/hope we will be fine.
ski holidays
Just be aware there was a collision between a bus and a train in Cevins this morning. So no trains beyond Albertville. SNCF have said the tracks will be open by Friday, might be worth monitoring your e mails ad Le Dauphine.
https://www.ledauphine.com/faits-divers-justice/2023/01/24/choc-entre-un-train-et-un-bus-nos-impressionnantes-photos
ski holidays
@chocksaway, looks like there is a SH stuck in albertville at this moment due to this

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5076876#5076876
latest report
Is it that time already? wrote:
@Lucywuk, ah ok, great, i thought i'd have to sort with eurostar. i'll give them a call and see what they can do. i hope your trip has settled down and going well now?

Anything Travelski cannot ruin is fabulous. The snow and weather makes up for everything. But never again, I’m booking my own tickets again next year.
snow conditions
Some interesting feedback from last week's travelers on the Travelski Facebook page. It sounds like the Travelski return Eurostar last Saturday broke down before it even started and (at least some) passengers ended up finding their own way to Paris.
latest report
@iainm, yes that ties back to our previous experiences, pre travelski. I think I have probably used the old direct service around 10 times and always arrived around 1hr30 before tops, leaving sufficient time to get a second train to LSP should there be an issue on the planned train. I’ll have a read of your travels.

@turboblackbeard, it says that on the printed tickets but on the app it says 45-60 mins. We have about 90 mins and can’t get any earlier unless we want to pay another £100 per person. I emailed travelski and they said Eurostar say it’s an hour but they tell people 2 hours to be sure. Likewise, Hopefully all will be ok.

@chocksaway, thanks. Again, hopefully all gets sorted ok. It looks fairly bad on the photos in the other thread and presumably some force to have damaged rails! Presumably they’ll sort buses if needs be, fingers crossed anyway.

@Lucywuk, glad your enjoying!

@sugarmoma666, certainly not need plain sailing!.

A lot of hope my end that everything will be ok!
snow report
First timers here on the travelski train. Booked via igloo ski, so this sounds more haphazard than we'd hoped Eh oh!
ski holidays
Anyone any feedback on hotel mmv 2000 at la plagne? (Fingers crossed)

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 25-01-23 9:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@GreyBeard, I didnt realise you could book travelski train through another operator. Can I ask why you did it?
snow conditions
@turboblackbeard Travelski website was unclear about some travel details, decided to make it Iglu's problem as reputable agents. They are loving trying to get details from travelski Eh oh!
ski holidays
Wow, let us know how it works out.

My biggest frustration is that travelski dont let you just buy tickets for the train, I thought you had found a way around that.
snow conditions
Nah - it's a package deal by the company who own & run a bunch of the resorts

https://www.caissedesdepots.fr/en/news/cda-travelski-express-london-moutiers-and-bourg-saint-maurice
https://www.compagniedesalpes.com/en/mountain-resorts
latest report
Please keep these updates coming - we are travelling out on March 10th to Vallandry. Does anyone know if we can purchase Carre Neige when we collect our lift passes? Thanks
ski holidays
We were able to add Carre Neige when we collected our lift passes from the lift pass office in Belle Plagne
snow report
Good to know, thanks
snow conditions
@GreyBeard, when do you travel? Interested to know what you think of MMV as it’s an option for an Easter trip for us.
snow report
Just got back last night. Fab week at MMV Aime LaPlagne. Small and family friendly with kids club (if that's what you need). Full board means more than you can eat, but food quality was frankly amazing. We were there outside of any school hols, so really quiet. I can imagine there being some queues for food in peak times (pretty normal).

Ski / board/ boot hire attached to the boot room & helpful staff.

Ski in/out. Yes: ski 100m down to 'Golf' on an easy blue, to get access to the rest of the resort. It's a cruise-the-blues area with a few fun reds and unlisted blacks. Take your pick. Need more - then head over to Les Arcs on an area pass. The glacier is expert only - really. It's labeled as reds, but they're treacherous blacks as you get thrown off an old fashioned lift.

Snow was hard pack, but looked after - can't predict for Easter obvs.

Ski train. O/night was hard for these 55 yr old bones. But on the slopes for 9.30 am was a joy. Return trip has fab scenery. Good atmosphere on board - all in it together.

Small minibus transfer to L/P - bit random organisation, but no complaints.

I would go back to the hotel again - which was your original question! Crystal ski had reps there and seemed well organised:-)
latest report
@GreyBeard, thanks. sounds like you had a great week. I've PM'd a couple of further questions, hope thats ok.
snow report
Also just got back from a great week in Arc 1800 with Travelski. Have been following this thread and thought it might be helpful to share our experience. Travelski's website and communication style didn't fill me with confidence in the run up to the trip, but was great value and actually from the time we arrived at St Pancras is was all pretty seamless.

On the overnight train there is plenty of space to spread out, it's warm, they dim the lights at about 11pm French time and everyone in our carriage was quiet and trying to get some sleep in various positions. The seats recline a little and you can extend the seat by a couple of inches (pull up the front edge) which makes it easier to curl up on the seats, but the people lying on the floor under the seats looked the most comfortable. The lights come back on at half 5 ish with an announcement that people leaving the train at Moutiers have 30 mins till arrival. At Bourg we were met by a Travelski rep who sent us straight to one of the bus stands, but turned out we should have gone to get breakfast at the cafe across the road first. A small but tasty breakfast of coffee, croissant and orange juice. Then straight up to resort and dropped at a shuttle stop a few metres down the road from our accom before 9am. At Travelski's suggestion we rang the accom on the Friday to inform them of our early arrival and were told that for an extra 50 Euro we could get early access to our apartment on arrival. Highly recommend this as it was great to be able to change and rest for a bit before skiing. They also upgraded our apartment from 2 to 3 bedrooms. The keenest person in our group had collected our passes from the town center and was on the slopes by 9.15! If you can't get into your accom early and need somewhere to rest and recharge before heading out skiing, highly recommend Arcus Coffee under the TransArc lift in Arc 1800 for a delicious brunch and great coffee.

Accom was Alpages du Chantel - would recommend this for ski-in ski-out convenience, clean apartments (if in need of a refurb), friendly reception staff and nice pool and spa area. Also liked that the beds are made on arrival and end of stay cleaning (except the kitchen) is included - so often this is not the case with ski apartments. The Dahu lift runs till 11pm to go to and from the center of town, but there is also a restaurant, bar, small food shop and 2 ski hire shops a few steps away. Only a short traverse back from La Folie Douce too if that is your thing!

On the return journey the coach collected us at 6am from the same spot and we were in Bourg well before 7am. Some of our group got breakfast from the shop in the station, while the others went back to the cafe across the road. The Eurostar started boarding at 8am, with ticket checks first, followed by security and then passport control. We were on the train by half 8 so were able to get settled rather than waiting in the cold station any longer. Journey back was plain sailing, a nice relaxing way to end the holiday. Final hurdle was UK passport control at St Pancras and then we were off to make our separate connections. We're definitely all sold on skiing by train from now on!
latest report
Out of interest, do you need to pre-book ski/board bags? I couldn't see anything about luggage so I'm hoping just turning up with a roller board bag and small rucksack is ok!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy