Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelski Express 2022/23 Season Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone had any experiences of Travelski this season? I know there was some issues with them swapping the train times around, I'm travelling out in Jan to VT, just wanted to know what peoples experiences were with the running of the train/transfers, when people received their docs and generally how their overall experience was Smile.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We traveling on Friday and received our tickets on the 23rd, one week before travel. I guess I can update you on transfers on Saturday evening, if I'm not too knackered!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@alr1971, Where are you heading off to? That’s good to hear, hopefully it’ll all run smoothly, reckon the first Saturday skiing should have some nice empty pistes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skihead31, Meribel Mottaret. I've taken the E* snow train a couple of times before, this is my first TravelSki trip, it will be interesting to see how the transfers pan out, especially the departure one at some ungodly early hour.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Transfers from Moutiers this morning depended on how many people were going to your ski station. Coach, minibus or taxi, as in our case. There were two reps at the station and we were all given a free breakfast of coffee and croissants while we waited. The train was on time so there was a bit of a wait, and it would have been a bit pointless getting us to the resort at 0700 when everything was shut. We were transferred, skis and passes collected and on the snow by 0920, a record for us, though the kids being 15, 18 and 20 probably helped with that!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@alr1971 good to hear you had a good experience.

We are travelling this Friday Very Happy

Like you we’ve taken the E* ski train many times, went by Travelski last year and it was a little chaotic when we arrived in resort
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alr1971 wrote:
Transfers from Moutiers this morning depended on how many people were going to your ski station. Coach, minibus or taxi, as in our case. There were two reps at the station and we were all given a free breakfast of coffee and croissants while we waited. The train was on time so there was a bit of a wait, and it would have been a bit pointless getting us to the resort at 0700 when everything was shut. We were transferred, skis and passes collected and on the snow by 0920, a record for us, though the kids being 15, 18 and 20 probably helped with that!

That’s great info. We go in 3 weeks, booked premier class and going to Belle Plagne so good to know you are fed in moutiers and then up the mountain. Where are you staying?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mottaret, in Résidence Club Odalys Le Hameau. Good position on the slopes and a lift pass office and ski shop in the building, very handy on the first day.
I should have added before that our train was about half full in standard class, and I'd estimate a hundred people alighted at Moutiers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello,

I assume there are no Travelski reps at St Pancras? Do you just get you tickets before the holiday and board as normal?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, you be emailed the Eurostar tickets as PDFs, just like regular tickets. Ours were sent exactly a week beforehand. You can use the "Manage Booking" option on the Eurostar site as usual, though you can't make journey changes, obviously.

And to update on our journey, we're currently on the only train home due to the strikes, to my surprise as I was expecting no trains at all!

Our transfer pickup was at 0615 NehNeh, so we had a rather long wait at Moutiers before the train came. Again, we had a taxi due to being the only people from Mottaret. The waiting room after security is not big enough for everyone, and the platform rather cold, so I would wait before security as long as possible next time .
French passport control was at Moutiers, UK on arrival at StP.
Top: if you're looking for breakfast at Moutiers, Marie Blachère Boulangerie Sandwicherie Tarterie
https://maps.app.goo.gl/BH4RT5RXaTJaHWg19
is a better option than the station cafe and only a short walk away. A better choice of pastries, bread, and cheaper to boot.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you ALR
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh, and I should add, it is a blooming beautiful train ride out of the mountains in the daytime. I've only done it by night before.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Evening, please to hear you've had a good experience with Travelski, we travel in a couple of weeks. How long have people / do people plan arrive at St Pancras before the outbound train? I note the Travelski advises two hours but there's various mention of covid docs etc which are not required this year. It was always an hour tops (from memory) on the old eurostar ski train service. thanks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were 2 1/2 hours before and that was plenty. I think 1 1/2 might have been a bit tight, which was the alternative based on our train into London being hourly. I think 2h is the standard Eurostar check-in time these days.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We travelled outbound on Eurostar (not travelski) on 30th December. Arrived 90min before hand. Was fine.

On the way back (on the 3rd January) there was a lot more queuing but it was still ok.

2 hours seems too much.
ski holidays
Thanks for feedback. Our train option are 2hrs or 1hr40.

@alr1971, was there any separate queue for Travelski or just normal Eurostar checkin / wouldn’t know any different?
snow report
Normal Eurostar check-in, but they separate the different trains anyway.
snow conditions
Is it that time already? wrote:
Thanks for feedback. Our train option are 2hrs or 1hr40.

@alr1971, was there any separate queue for Travelski or just normal Eurostar checkin / wouldn’t know any different?

If you are travelling on the 20th we will be too. And my husband will insist on the full 2 hours I can promise you that!!! This time I will insist on a coffee before we go through and a pint whilst I wait. The train is dry
snow report
We are the week after. I'm not one to like hanging around, although like the stress of running late less! will probably do the 1Hr40 train. As you say, get a coffee / drink & M&S treats for journey before heading through - that'll be the plan anyway. Can't wait!
latest report
We are heading out on the 27th. Please update with how it went Smile
latest report
@rara1989, how did it go?
snow report
Evening, please to hear you've had a good experience with Travelski, we travel in a couple of weeks. How long have people / do people plan arrive at St Pancras before the outbound train? I note the Travelski advises two hours but there's various mention of covid docs etc which are not required this year. It was always an hour tops (from memory) on the old eurostar ski train service. thanks

Last year, we had to queue for a long time getting through customs as I think our train coincided with one to pairs around the same time and they were prioritising the Paris travelers while we had to wait. 2 hours was just enough time, but if you are running late they will bump you up the queue.
I'll be traveling out this Friday going to Les Arcs 1800
snow report
Triggahippy wrote:

Last year, we had to queue for a long time getting through customs as I think our train coincided with one to pairs around the same time and they were prioritising the Paris travelers while we had to wait. 2 hours was just enough time, but if you are running late they will bump you up the queue.
I'll be traveling out this Friday going to Les Arcs 1800

I’m on the same train!!
ski holidays
@Lucywuk Did you originally book for the Saturday morning departure? We booked a hotel for the Friday night but they won't let us cancel.
Also still waiting for the Eurostar tickets to be sent.
snow conditions
OK, so feedback on Travelski having just done a week in Les Arcs, and am going again to La Plagne with them shortly:

Eurostar check in: smooth and quick. 6 minutes from beginning to end. Airports should be ashamed of themselves. Eurostar staff were lovely. The night time outward journey was bloody horrible, and that was with a half empty carriage that allowed me to try and lay down across a couple of empty seats to get some rest. It was not comfortable at all, but offered an alternative to sitting up. At busy times, with only your own seat, it must be torture. So bear in mind your personal level of tolerance for boredom and sleep-deprivation if you're going to book with them. The return journey during the day was an absolute pleasure, enjoying views of France you'd never get anywhere else. Strangely very, very slow for the first part (it took over 2 hours from Bourg to Chambery). Maybe something to do with the type/age of the railway infrastructure in the alps??? Then it picked up speed greatly.

Travelski customer service is of the 'computer says no' level. Here's an example: our train times were changed so we would be arriving and leaving roughly 12 hours earlier than originaly planned. This meant we wouldn't need breakfast on the last day, but would need it on the first day. So no more breakfast was required, just serving on a different day. I'd asked Travelski about this at the time they made the itinerary change, and they said we would get breakfast. Upon arrival I asked the hotel and they refused, stating that Travelski had told them nothing about any change. I asked Travelski, and they refused, with the customer service agent saying that breakfast was not going to be available. I told her that a colleague of hers had confirmed it would be, and she said that I was mistaken. I asked her to double check, and she still said I was mistaken. I found and sent her the written confirmation from her colleague and she then said, oh, well, you could have had breakfast but it would have been upon arrival in Bourg, which was not true, as we were ushered straight onto the transfer bus.

Anyway, the point of that rather long-winded aside was to say that if you don't ask anything of them then you'll be just fine, but if you do need to then I would not expect much!
ski holidays
Triggahippy wrote:
@Lucywuk Did you originally book for the Saturday morning departure? We booked a hotel for the Friday night but they won't let us cancel.
Also still waiting for the Eurostar tickets to be sent.

I contacted Travelski and they repaid the cost of my hotel. Someone else further up the thread did this. So I emailed them with the hotel booking confirmation that I had obviously booked the same day as my original Travelski booking. They refunded me within hours.

Only concern I have is the apartment says not available until 5pm. We are collecting lift passes with keys. BUT I am assuming we can collect lift passes when we arrive. I was going to email Travelski today
ski holidays
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5056125&highlight=travelski#5056125

This thread mentions the change in the time of the trains. And someone else got the money back for the hotel they booked for the Friday night. I did this too and was refunded.
snow report
@Lucywuk
I found the ski pass office will accept the travelski voucher for lift passes which you can do in person. You'll just have to find somewhere to leave your bags while you ski, maybe at the tourist information office? Depending on the resort. Our hotel has a baggage area to leave things. I'll email travelski about help with the hotel refund, thank you for the tip.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Triggahippy wrote:
@Lucywuk
I found the ski pass office will accept the travelski voucher for lift passes which you can do in person. You'll just have to find somewhere to leave your bags while you ski, maybe at the tourist information office? Depending on the resort. Our hotel has a baggage area to leave things. I'll email travelski about help with the hotel refund, thank you for the tip.

Thanks. We have baggage booked into the tourist information office in the centre commercial and the apartment keys we collect from an office there. Plus our skis. So hopefully we can collect it all at once.

So excited lots of snowb
ski holidays
@greengriff thank you for the info, how soon before departure did you arrive to check in?
latest report
@Triggahippy, @Lucywuk, we are staying in Tignes. Apartments have a bag store so hoping we can dump our stuff in there and the reception will have lift passes.

Have Travelski come back to you on passes? I might also email them, I did ask about carre neige insurance and they said speak to the lift pass office to add but didn’t ask about where they’d be, just assumed they’d be given on the transfer or at the hotel/apartments.

I would have much preferred going on on the day train as at the times given when we booked, takes all this faff away.

Really looking forward to getting out there.
snow report
For those people who had the day train out changed to an overnight train out, did Travelski organise somewhere to change/store kit for the 1st day? The accommodation we are using hasn't got check in until 5pm.
ski holidays
I think our check in is something similar but the apartments / residence have said there is a luggage store and can use the toilets / spa facilities to change. I just contacted them direct, nothing from Travelski. We shall see how successful it is! Not ideal with the change.

I think someone staying in La plagne said they’ve have organised luggage to be left at tourist centre or similar but not sure if Travelski assisted.

Hope you get sorted. When do you travel?
ski holidays
turboblackbeard wrote:
For those people who had the day train out changed to an overnight train out, did Travelski organise somewhere to change/store kit for the 1st day? The accommodation we are using hasn't got check in until 5pm.

I am in Belle plagne and according to the Travelski booking vouchers we can leave luggage at the tourist office store as our apartment has no luggage storage.

I got an email today confirming this.

Also I looked at the residence itself and their normal check in is 5pm. So it’s not Travelski
snow conditions
We travel out on the 27th heading to vallandry. May be worth contacting the residence.... Thought travel ski would do something
ski holidays
I have contacted the apartments we are staying at. I want to make sure we don't miss a ski day/have to run around trying to find somewhere to change and leave bags...
snow conditions
It definitely adds some more logistical challenges with the overnight arrival.
snow report
Well simple check-in. Arrived about 2:10 hours before grabbed snacks at M&S and was through to the lounge in 30 mins. Time for a pint before boarding.
snow report
Good to hear check in was smooth and hope your journey has been ok. Have a great week!

Despite me booking a train to get to StP 2 hours before the Eurostar, it seems the train is 19.04 not 19.46 which the email notifying of the change stated and no further email to advise if the further change! A little frustrating.
ski holidays
Good to hear check in was smooth and hope your journey has been ok. Have a great week!

Despite me booking a train to get to StP 2 hours before the Eurostar, it seems the train is 19.04 not 19.46 which the email notifying of the change stated and no further email to advise if the further change! A little frustrating.

Ah yes you are right. I realised this when our tickets came through. I hope you caught it ok anyway and are now in resort!!! We are on brekkie 2 or 3 Eh oh! in Belle plagne
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy