Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach, Solden or Mayrhofen?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@tatmanstours, Agreed. We stayed earlier this year in the Saalbacherhof which as you will know is right in the centre and we didn't experience any rowidness at all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having done Saalbach, Mayrhofen, Solden and Ischgl- and seeing you are price conscious that would tend to go against Solden and Ischgl which are more expensive particularly Ischgl. There's not a lot to choose between Mayrhofen and Saalbach for a good time . Both are plenty lively. Plenty of skiing and apres in both. Saalbach would get it for me due to the bigger linked ski area and great places to apres on the way back to the valley in the evening. You need to take buses to make the most of Mayrhofen. Do both when you can.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like Saalbach wins then! Solden looks a little spaced out for apres/nightlife.
Now just to decide on January or March.
I remember when we visited Ischgl end of March, blue skies every day it was amazing, but obviously more snow sure than Saalbach.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
march would be my shout and definitely saalbach not hinterglem hope you enjoy the area as much as we do
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've been to Saalbach Hinterglemm, Soelden, Mayrhofen, and Ischgl multiple times, and throughout the ski season.
All have good 'Apres' with Saalbach Hinterglemm winning as easiest to get to and choice of on or off the mountain (or both if you are hard core) It is really easy to find your way back to your hotel in Saalbach Hinterglemm if your Apres goes on a bit.
The best time to go is when it's not high season, cheaper accommodation, and fewer bottlenecks. skiing convenience is probably best in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy