Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French toll tag

Poster: A snowHead
@terrygasson, I have got the app downloaded but don't know my customer number. Assuming that will become clear when the tag arrives
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@swskier, the customer number gets emailed to you a few days after your initial order confirmation and contract.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't even get to the checkout screen to input card info, so no chance of getting a customer number. Tried on the PC using Chrome and Edge, and tried on my Android phone.

Any ideas?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eurotunnel offer for Tags. Direct debit from UK bank Account Number (UK £ GBP Account Only)

https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/Eurotunnel-Le-Shuttle-Offer-Landing-Page
Exclusive offer

Free tag application (save €10)
€8* annual fee for the first year of subscription, save 50% on the annual fee from the second year onwards. Only €4* instead of €8
€20 security deposit for the tag - fully refundable
€5* active usage fee for the month in which the tag is used (*subject to local tax)
Please note the offer only applies to the purchase of one tag.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 8-02-23 13:41; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't think I paid any "annual fee" for my old tag, nor any security deposit. Most people probably never get round to returning them, so that's a nice little earner.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
After my BiL died we sent tag back and got a refund of the deposit by return. No annual fee either. I guess its to cover extra admin costs with UK post declarations etc. since Brexit.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boredsurfin, seems like a much worse deal vs Fulli.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it pleases me to hear snowheads still use the term Doofer, as i patented it Very Happy

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1646423&highlight=telepeage+doofer#1646423
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SHAP, what page does it stall on?

when i filled in mine, it would not let me go past the "accept T&C's" page until i had actually scrolled down through the whole message, not just tick the box then press "next", as i normally do Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sno trax,
Quote:

@swskier, the customer number gets emailed to you a few days after your initial order confirmation and contract.

cheers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think I'll just pick one up when I go through the first péage gate. Can't bothered with all this online stuff and I think it might be cheaper.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
Eurotunnel offer for Tags. Direct debit from UK bank Account Number (UK £ GBP Account Only)

https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/Eurotunnel-Le-Shuttle-Offer-Landing-Page
Exclusive offer

Free tag application (save €10)
€8* annual fee for the first year of subscription, save 50% on the annual fee from the second year onwards. Only €4* instead of €8
€20 security deposit for the tag - fully refundable
€5* active usage fee for the month in which the tag is used (*subject to local tax)
Please note the offer only applies to the purchase of one tag.

Christ, that's Eurotunnel/Emovis' idea of an offer?!?!

ChargeEmovisFulli
Application Fee€0€0
Annual Fee€8/€4€0
Security Depodit€20€0
Monthly Usage Charge€5€1.70

I guess there's a €10 delivery fee for the Fulli tag and maybe no charge/collection for the Eurotunnel/Emovis ones - but still €21.30 more up-front.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and the emovis monthly charge is actually 6euros, as it is 5euros plus 20%TVA!!

i have now changed from emovis out of principal, and i will get my 20euros deposit back from emovis to cover the 10euro postage and a couple of small beers!!

though to be honest i am not subject to the emovis annual fee, that i know of anyway Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
terrygasson wrote:

when i filled in mine, it would not let me go past the "accept T&C's" page until i had actually scrolled down through the whole message, not just tick the box then press "next", as i normally do Very Happy

I can get my contact details completed, and at the bottom of that page it confirms delivery method, but as soon as i press 'next step' nothing happens. All fields with an * are completed. Very odd.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SHAP, not an issue I had with the website, so can't help you there unfortunately.
snow conditions
@pam w, I was planning to do that at Christmas, but didn't see where to go, and also was late, so suspect places were probably shut by then anyway.
ski holidays
SHAP wrote:
terrygasson wrote:

I can get my contact details completed, and at the bottom of that page it confirms delivery method, but as soon as i press 'next step' nothing happens. All fields with an * are completed. Very odd.

It's not the post code format is it ?

Some are very pedantic on that.
ski holidays
@swskier, I decided to do it online, fuelled with (Italian) red wine. After a bit of googling went for a Bip & Go tag for France, Spain, Portugal and Italy, 1.70 a month it's used in France, 2.50 for any month it's used in Italy. Can be used in any vehicle in France, but only the nominated vehicle in Italy. No annual charge. 14 one-off set up charge, plus extra (5 or 10 euros - forgot, all that Italian red wine) for postage outside France.

Think it needed a French bank account though. I just put in my IBAN and got an electronic code sent to my phone which enabled me to electronically "sign" the direct debit mandate.

It's a shame it can't be used with a hired car in Italy as I'm hiring in Turin later this month. But will be useful when I take my own car down to Genoa at the end of March.
ski holidays
I'm currently an Emovis user considering switching so I have a couple of couple of questions about the Fulli tag.
1. Is the €1.70 monthly usage for each month you use it and does the charge include TVA ?
2. Does the Fulli account link to a standard UK GBP bank account ?
3. Do they convert and charge in GBP or do they charge in € ?
ski holidays
Timc wrote:
I'm currently an Emovis user considering switching so I have a couple of couple of questions about the Fulli tag.
1. Is the €1.70 monthly usage for each month you use it and does the charge include TVA ?

1. That's my understanding for france
2. Just worked with mine after I found my IBAN number on my statement
3. Would assume euros
latest report
Question I had with Fuelli as I wait for mine to arrive, what happens when the battery runs out?

Couldnt find any details on the website. I think it is time they started to do a passive version or rechargeable.....
snow report
@pam w,
FWIW with the Italian Telepass system it is so easy to change or add a registration that you might even be able to do it from your smartphone once you are sat in the hire car!
snow report
Skiyeah wrote:
Question I had with Fuelli as I wait for mine to arrive, what happens when the battery runs out?

Couldnt find any details on the website. I think it is time they started to do a passive version or rechargeable.....

If you log on to your account, go to manage my badges, select actions, then my badge is broken. They will send you a new badge and you return the old one. Alternatively you can go to a customer service point and change it there.
ski holidays
@Timc, I used my UK GBP credit card which doesn't charge transaction fees. Had to call Virgin up to get hold of the BIC and IBAN numbers, but went through fine once I had that info.
ski holidays
ski3 wrote:
SHAP wrote:
terrygasson wrote:

It's not the post code format is it ?

Some are very pedantic on that.

True, but now the bloody thing won't even recognise England, Britain, GB, UK or any varient of as a country in the drop down list...

Think I'll give up and may a little more for the one via Eurotunnel....
snow report
@SHAP, country is "GRANDE BRETAGNE"
latest report
@SHAP, i don't know if this could be the issue, but what about trying it from another device?

and yes, the country on the scroll down menu was "Grande Bretagne"
ski holidays
Just tried a dummy run - I already have one but just wanted to check if I could replicate SHAP's issue... and it doesn't seem to accept any kind of licence plate I put in.

Didn't seem to complain about the address unless it's validating the plate first.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jeez, after seeing the issues that others have been having with the website, i just hope the actual tag works Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i can see everyone with a new tag crawling up to the first paege near Calais at 5mph, until the joy of the "beep" is heard and the barrier raises Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Layne, @terrygasson, Seems to be very fickle.

99% sure that Grande Bretagne wasn't an option earlier. Even my limited French would have worked that one out. It now is, I seem to be all sorted, so cheers guys.

'Britain' was an option yesterday, but wasn't then able to click through to the payment screen. All good now, IBAN input and email received to confirm.
ski holidays
Timc wrote:

My Fulli tag's linked to a standard NatWest current account via DD, which comes in in € from memory, and the €1.70 charge include TVA (listed on my last invoice as €1.42 HT/€0.28 TVA/€1.70 TTC).
snow report
terrygasson wrote:
jeez, after seeing the issues that others have been having with the website, i just hope the actual tag works Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i can see everyone with a new tag crawling up to the first paege near Calais at 5mph, until the joy of the "beep" is heard and the barrier raises Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Oh that first toll gate is always fun, be it with a new tag or in a different car.

Even more fun when your tag gets picked up instantly by the tool entry gate...but an hour later the toll exit gate wants nothing to do with it! Worked in the end and worked fine every other time.
latest report
@pam w, the Italian side of it works using number plate recognition.
snow conditions
Mjit wrote:
Timc wrote:

My Fulli tag's linked to a standard NatWest current account via DD, which comes in in € from memory, and the €1.70 charge include TVA (listed on my last invoice as €1.42 HT/€0.28 TVA/€1.70 TTC).

Hi @Mjit, thanks that clarifies the charges. It also confirms that for me it isn't worth the hassle of changing as I would have saved a total of €8.00 last year.
Emovis charges (all including TVA)
Annual Charge €9.60 + 2 Monthly charges at €6.00 = Total €21.6
Fulli charge would have been
8 months usage at €1.70 = €13.60
latest report
The differences between these schemes are all marginal in the wider scheme of things! Couple of beers on the mountain. Equally, time time taken to pay by credit card is not very significant on the long drive down, even if you have to stop and walk round the car. Having a tag is no help when there are long queues.
ski holidays
Timc wrote:
Hi @Mjit, thanks that clarifies the charges. It also confirms that for me it isn't worth the hassle of changing as I would have saved a total of €8.00 last year.
Emovis charges (all including TVA)
Annual Charge €9.60 + 2 Monthly charges at €6.00 = Total €21.6
Fulli charge would have been
8 months usage at €1.70 = €13.60

I think your maths is off there.

If we ignore set-up costs and intro. offers from your emovis tag costs you used your tag in 2 different months last year? If that's correct the same charges with a Fulli tag would have been €3.40 (it's €1.70 for every month you actually use the tag in, not a fixed €1.70 every month charge)., so your saving would have been €18.20.

If we include set-up costs and current offers a new Fulli tag would have cost you €10 (€10 outside France delivery charge/everything else free ATM, followed by 8 months of zero-rated monthly usage fees), so €11.60 cheaper than Emovis.
ski holidays
@Mjit, Like I said not worth the hassle. I used my tag in 8 months in the last year so the charge would have been, comparing like for like not one off special offers, €13.60 making my saving €8.00.
Using your logic going forward I would save €11.60 next year, still not worth the hassle when my bills are over €1,000 a year.

By the way my maths are perfect.
Quote:
8 months usage

Emovis only charge for a maximum of 2 months in a year - €12.00. Fulli would have charged for each of the 8 months - €13.60
latest report
pam w wrote:
The differences between these schemes are all marginal in the wider scheme of things! Couple of beers on the mountain. Equally, time time taken to pay by credit card is not very significant on the long drive down, even if you have to stop and walk round the car. Having a tag is no help when there are long queues.

Depends, if the tag lanes have a shorter queue its much better, and also even if same "length" the tag queues move far quicker as you literally drive through rather than having to wait as people scrabble for cards or change etc , get the car in right place to reach the toll or wait for brits to walk around their car. Its not a lot of time saved viz a viz whole journey, but with the offer on the Fulli, I'm tempted even though I probably only do one drive down and back in summer. For a €10 "set-up" and €1.70 a trip its worth the convenience of not waking a snoozing co driver.

YMMV
snow report
Ah, wasn't aware of the '2 months max' thing - and that's what threw me Smile
ski holidays
I've just had the first bill from emovis and it looks like they not only charge you to convert it to GBP they also give you a bad rate. Anyone know how to get them to charge in Euro as my account will give me much better rates and not charge or is that not possible as its doing a bank charge rather than a debit?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy