Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French toll tag

Poster: A snowHead
Could anyone please kindly advise me on where they purchased their French toll tag from? We have decided we definitely need one because I’ll be sitting in the back with the baby en route and it’s hassle to pay the tag for the driver to stretch across etc. We want hassle free ! Any advice ?? Many thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got mine from here:

https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here, for example: https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/checkout/M001671032397981970/cart

or just after you enter into a toll section, there should be an office on the parking on the right.

Have a look around the different companies for the best offer. Mango are offering 8 months free for the badge at the moment.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are several providers with different schemas. I use emovis tag - they bill at the end of the travel month via direct debit + annual subscription.

If you have a Eurotunnel booking, they will give you a sign up discount https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/Eurotunnel-Le-Shuttle-Offer-Landing-Page
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another +1 for Emovis

One thing I find odd is that not many locals seem to use them
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I went with Mango a year ago when they had a similar offer to the one above. Only took a few days to arrive, if I remember correctly.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
……

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 14-12-22 16:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here are the links to some of the providers

Emovis (Liber-t as was)
Bip&Go
Mango Mobilités (Re-branding soon as 'Fulli')
Ulys-Vinci
Eurotunnel (as an Emovis partner offer*)
ATMB

*Free application - no fee (save €10) €8 annual fee for the first year of subscription, discounted to €4 from the second year onwards. Requires a Eurotunnel booking reference.

They vary in the specific details of what and how they charge: the differences aren’t huge, but you’ll need to research them to see which suits you best.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 16-12-22 12:32; edited 6 times in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I use Emovis as well.

It is one of the small pleasures of my drive down to approach the first barrier with trepidation hoping it will work again and hearing the telltale noise as it does and the barrier rises.

And then there are the gates you can drive through at 30kph.

I admit here and now that I am a sad man.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you all for your quick replies . I can always rely on you snow heads Very Happy .
Much appreciated !! Happy ski season to you all
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I used Ulys-Vinci in the summer. Seemed competitive and the process was very smooth. In fact, they seemed to be the cheapest option for my one off trip.

The only issue was the doofer took a lot longer be delivered than their website claimed, so make sure you order it well in advance.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve got mango, brilliant, had an email today it’s being rebranded as Fulli but business as usual otherwise.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Emovis here too for several years.

Well worth the minimal cost - especially if you are on your own in a RHD car. But even if not, it avoids arguments with SWMBO that I haven't got close enough vs kerbing the wheels to get close enough! The tag lanes always seem much quieter too.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I still use ATMB which is 1.90€ a month if used, but I'm not sure if it's still available to non-French residents. It does allow me to pay by credit card rather than linked to a bank account so I avoid commission charges.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I also use ATMB and, in my mind, still seem to be the best value for money. €15 set up including tag delivery, but no annual fee. €1.90 per month used, but if the tag is charge 3 times on an ATMB road (A40 & RN205), this fee is waived. So driving to the alps past Geneva you should avoid this. The main reason I went with this is because it charges a credit card rather than bank account therefore using a fee free credit card gives a much better exchange rate than the Emovis offer. Here's a link to the current ATMB tag: https://www.atmb.com/telepeage-tarifs/nos_abonnements_telepeage_atmb/le-voyageur-offre-telepeage-gratuit-sans-engagement/
snow report
do you have to wait so much to pay toll in France? worth it?
i made a little research but i didnt find someone who said that he had to wait mehr as 5 min....
snow conditions
The two reasons I have mine is I often drive through the night so no need to wake the passenger and two not having to open the windows!
ski holidays
i ordered this from mango.
Ok, you dont need to pay anything unless you use it. So why not....although i probably see not a big difference at all but since i do not have to pay anything for fees, transport etc
latest report
Spin Doctor wrote:
I use Emovis as well.

It is one of the small pleasures of my drive down to approach the first barrier with trepidation hoping it will work again and hearing the telltale noise as it does and the barrier rises.

Emovis here three! Always forget to look online before we go to check the battery status

The 'will it, won't it' trepidation of that first toll has become quite the family joke on our trip and the kids try and 'beep' in time with it.

It's one of the pleasures of the monotonous drive!

I just have to remember if I have the roof box on or not as it doesn't quite fit under the 2M hanging bars and the clang as it hits is most disconcerting!
snow report
I have a question for someone who use the Mango Mobilités
ok i have ordered the "equipment" etc. But how can i login to the customer area?
I dont have a password and i do not find somewhere where i can make a registrierung...
snow report
Is it possible to pick up these up in Folkstone? I can't get one delivered in time for our trip, and would be easier to pick one up in the UK as we will be hanging around anyway.
ski holidays
@Toothfairy2750, unless you're going in a matter of weeks you might want to hold off. Certainly last year Mango (rebranding in Jan. to Fulli) has a New Years offer that cut most of the up front costs out. They had a black Friday deal that went to far as to give you the frist 12 months "€1.70 per month the tag's used in" charge too so really was a no-brainer as costs exactly the same as paying cash!
snow report
yes they have for 8 months the same
latest report
turms2 wrote:
I have a question for someone who use the Mango Mobilités
ok i have ordered the "equipment" etc. But how can i login to the customer area?
I dont have a password and i do not find somewhere where i can make a registrierung...

I had a Welcome e-mail a day or two after the original order confirmation, giving me my customer number which I could then use to login.
snow conditions
A ok..thanks a lot...i have to wait
snow report
turms2 wrote:
yes they have for 8 months the same

So long as you don't wait till the day after the Jan sale ends. I mean, what sort of idiot would do that... Doh!
snow conditions
What do you mean
Dont get it

I have done it. I am travelling at 31.12
snow conditions
Spin Doctor wrote:
I use Emovis as well.

Dont worry you arent the only one, we are always a little nervous when we get to the first booth hoping it will work, then give a little cheer when it beeps, Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
turms2 wrote:
do you have to wait so much to pay toll in France? worth it? .

all tolls are automatic now, if it is not busy you can get through with a ticket and card in about 20 seconds. If it is busy you may wait a few minutes, if it is jammed up everyone gets caught so you don't get through much quicker either. The big advantage for Brits is not having to get out of the car to pay if they don't have a passenger.

As a regular user the thing that grinds my gears is the number of times the tolls are broken, esp. non-stop ones. In Italy I can drive through at 70kph and the Italians do it even quicker.

That said, when I first got a telepeage I didn't realise you had to stop and drove through at 90kph.
ski holidays
We got ours through Bip&Go. We considered Emovis but at the time we found it more expensive than Bip&Go as Emovis appears to be an intermediary that provides UK billing at a premium to Bip&Go which is the French provider. The downside is that you need to have a Euro account so that you can setup a euro direct debit but we have a Starling Bank account which supports this. Works really well, the tags arrived really quickly and we only pay for the months we use it.
ski holidays
Credit card at the tolls are still cheaper than the admin that goes before and after with a tag. No usage fee etc etc
snow conditions
I guess you are paying for convenience. Aside from 10 euros to setup the account and get the tag, which can be reduced to 6 euro with a referral, it only costs 1.70 euros for the month you use the tag in. No annual costs or additional costs for months you don’t use it in. So I guess the question is whether 1.70 euros is worth the convenience of driving through the tolls on the months you go skiing.
ski holidays
Spin Doctor wrote:
I use Emovis as well.

Haha...same affliction....massive grin driving through at speed rolling eyes
snow conditions
@michaelbury17, @Spin Doctor, You can go through a fair bit quicker than 30KPH if you have got balls of steel and good brakes just in case Toofy Grin (It's all about listening for the beep as you enter the 'channel')
ski holidays
I always have to remind myself that it's 30kph not 30mph when in that lane though.
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, do you not set satnav to KM?
snow report
@boredsurfin, out of interest what extra admin does it give you?
snow conditions
We use Bip&Go, painless since setup.

Setup involved a short delay where the system would not recognise an ‘extra’ number on our Irish number plate. A few emails to quite helpful customer service later and it was sorted.
latest report
I've driven a lot on my own and having a doofer is well worth it. Not just to save getting out of the car, but to save groping for credit card. Next time I'll be driving in Italy too - is there now a doofer which covers Italy? I still have a French bank account, if that helps. Those tolls every ten minutes round the Turin by-pass are a pain.
ski holidays
@pam w, bip&go have that as an option for a higher monthly charge, I suspect most of them will do the same. You can probably just upgrade your current one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy