Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French toll tag

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.bipandgo.com/en/electronic-toll-payment/italy/

Sounds a no brainer at Euro 2.50 per month used in Italy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It would seem that Mango is pretty much giving these away at the moment. Am I missing something, or is there a reason not to use them? I could use the Eurotunnel/emovis option, but seems pointless if Mango does it all too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
...is there now a doofer which covers Italy?

Certainly one flavour of the Mango/Fulli tag does - you can get one that covers France/Spain/Portugal or France/Spain/Portugal/Italy. Guessing the tag itself is the same and it should be possible to swap between subscriptions if you already have a 'non Italy' tag.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for info. I think I'll have to start again as earlier car given away to son (and has been driven to the Alps several times since). I'll start again with Mango - or bipandgo. Not going till April so plenty of time to get it sorted out.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are all the tag variation linked to a car registration, or can you own one and use in any vehicle which you may travel in ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Emovis tag can be transferred - you just need to get another holder.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1: I share our Emovis tag with my brother as we usually holiday at different times. I've also used it with a hire car and with a friend's car when he came to pick me up from the airport in France. You can also have multiple Emovis tags on one account.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 22-12-22 14:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a mango and use it in whatever car I'm in, mine or hire or friends. It's the tag that's charged not a specific vehicle. As with emovis you can have more than 1 on the same account.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And if you don't have a holder you can wave it out of the window. But can be tricky to do that whilst determined to drive through those 30kph gates. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski3 wrote:
Are all the tag variation linked to a car registration, or can you own one and use in any vehicle which you may travel in ?

you can on all the toll roads with barriers
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Will any of these allow you to link a credit card rather than an IBAN?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I seem to remember someone on here saying that for Italy it WAS tied to the vehicle registration, as their system works a little differently - but certainly for Mango you can change the linked vehicle registration in seconds via the mobile phone app. so not an issue.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mjit, thanks- I used to have my badge linked to my credit card but my account expired and to open a new one I have to give bank account details. My question is whether I can later change these to a credit card?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
Credit card at the tolls are still cheaper than the admin that goes before and after with a tag. No usage fee etc etc

I shouldn't imagine there is anybody who would genuinely prefer to save quite literally a few EUR over the inconvenience of awaking the passenger, trying handfuls of credit cards, stopping to get out and walk around, 14 times in each direction. Still, I am often surprised by some of the other Englishmen on the road!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Snowsartre It might be something to do with French law that doesn't allow credit cards now. MY Aprr (now Mango) was set up with one. What is Emovis allowing?
latest report
@Hells Bells, I have not seen anything about cc being interdit. My closed account was with APRR and they are insisting on IBAN details - want to avoid monthly charges as only in France twice pa these days
ski holidays
Snowsartre wrote:
Will any of these allow you to link a credit card rather than an IBAN?

Our Emovis is set up with credit card. I started with Mango but couldn't get that to work as it wouldn't accept our bank account, tried setting up another account specially for it and that was a pain and we still couldn't get it to work. Gave up with them (also had trouble cancelling it), went to Emovis and no trouble at all.
snow conditions
@Snowsartre, you only get monthly charges in the calendar month you use the doofer so if you go twice each year then as long as you are in a single month each time the most you will pay (using our provider Bip&Go) is €3.60. That charge applies whether you pay by direct debit or credit card. Like somebody else mentioned we set up the d/d with our Starling bank euro account. Works fine. Just back from Belle Plagne and we will be debited sometime in January usually at least 4 weeks after our return
snow conditions
Mjit wrote:
I seem to remember someone on here saying that for Italy it WAS tied to the vehicle registration,

As long as you are going through the barrier tolls it makes no difference for Italy. If you are going through the free flow systems in France, Spain, Italy you need your registration linked to your account or you need to pay online after using the toll.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
And if you don't have a holder you can wave it out of the window. But can be tricky to do that whilst determined to drive through those 30kph gates. wink

ive used gaffer tape in roughly the same position they indicate on the windscreen with no issue on a car that didnt have a holder
ski holidays
@davidof, My Italian device IS linked to the registration when I'm using it in Italy, but I have never enabled it for France.
latest report
Thank you @caughtanedge, @LaForet, @tarrantd, @pam w, for the information regarding tag in different vehicles.
ski holidays
And a final thing is to be aware that there are a few particular car models where people seem to have problems with the péage sensor picking up the tag on the windscreen. It seems to be those that use either metal filaments in the glass in order to heat the screen (Ford seems to have the patent on this), or sun-blocking transfer patterns stuck to the glass that also seem to block wireless signals (as opposed to patterns actually moulded into the glass itself).
snow report
The batteries in these things last for about 5 years. It is worth checking with your provider whether yours need changing as it is a right PITA when it fails at the beginning of your trip. Turnaround for replacement from Enedis was 2-3 days (pre post strikes).

Got quite good at throwing coins through the car into the bin but the transponder is worth every penny.
snow report
@22 dropout, one of the advantages of getting a Bip&Go doofer is that they have offices/shops near the motorways throughout the north of France so if something goes wrong or you just want to change it you can call in on the way past. It took all of 5 minutes to change ours at St Omer last June. We got an automatic upgrade to France, Spain and Portugal this time. She asked for the registration number too and when I asked why she told me it was required for Spain only. Could’ve added Italy too but that cost a bit more and we don’t need it
snow report
Just to drag this one up again.

I've just ordered what was the Mango tag, now Fulli. https://www.fulli.com/

Currently €0 set up, and no monthly charge on usage for the first 8 months.

Just a €10 delivery fee to the UK. Should be here for 20th Feb, so about a 2 week turnaround.
snow report
@swskier, Nice, I'll get one ordered for the Easter trip.
snow report
LaForet wrote:
And a final thing is to be aware that there are a few particular car models where people seem to have problems with the péage sensor picking up the tag on the windscreen. It seems to be those that use either metal filaments in the glass in order to heat the screen (Ford seems to have the patent on this), or sun-blocking transfer patterns stuck to the glass that also seem to block wireless signals (as opposed to patterns actually moulded into the glass itself).

Most modern cars have some form of metalic layer built into the wndscreen glass, to help reflect the sun as much as anything (not sure if anyone else has found a way around Ford's heated front windscreen patents yet) - but most also have a special shaded area behind the rear view mirror that intentionally doesn't have that and is where the tag should go. Of course a few cars full this area with other junk, in which case you just put it close to it and pray, having to stick the tag out the side window if it doesn't work.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SHAP, well worth it, especially as you won't even need to pay for the monthly fee at Easter.

I'm driving on my own, so definitely will benefit from having it
latest report
I wouldn't over think it the tag placement. Place the tag correctly in accordance with the instructions and you'll be fine - I've had them in dozens of cars including various premium marques with fancy windscreens and never had a problem.

Equally hundreds of thousands of French cars do use the same network every day..
snow conditions
I had one from Mango - Out of the blue they informed me that the an extra payment ( I presume to check the payments were all setup) hadn't gone through so had cancelled the subscription and wanted the tag back. Didn't respond to email requests to switch to another account that might work. Ended up getting an Emovis as a replacement.

So make sure that their test payment has gone through properly.
ski holidays
@Mjit,
My Defender has a heated windscreen with very fine filaments rather than a metallic layer and I had no problems with an ATMB tag, nor currently with an Italian one.
latest report
swskier wrote:
@SHAP, well worth it, especially as you won't even need to pay for the monthly fee at Easter.

Yep, for sure. It was going to annoy me driving just 1 day in March (31st), and also April and therefore paying for 2 months.

Small wins eh! Smile
snow report
@SHAP, that's a beer paid for!
snow report
I'm clearly doing something wrong - I've completed the form online, but it doesn't seem to let me get past that screen to move to 'Next Step', which I assume will be card details...

Any thoughts?

@swskier, yep, I'll take that!
snow report
@swskier, thanks for the link, i currently have the emovis tag but that is 6euros per used month instead of 1.7 euros on the FULLI tag, i am also travelling out on the 31st of march for easter so would have to pay 6E for both months.

have just ordered mine, am travelling to france again in june, so will still have the benefit of the zero monthly charge.

have you installed the FULLI app, and if so, did you get a customer no to register?

will send the emovis one back when the new one arrives, i will then get the deposit back for that.
snow conditions
Quote:

On the long stretches I don't mind getting out and walking round the car - helps keep the legs going, wake up in the cold. But it's an absolute pain round the Turin ring road with tolls every five minutes.
latest report
swskier wrote:
Just to drag this one up again.

I've just ordered what was the Mango tag, now Fulli. https://www.fulli.com/

Currently €0 set up, and no monthly charge on usage for the first 8 months.

Just a €10 delivery fee to the UK. Should be here for 20th Feb, so about a 2 week turnaround.

can you set that up to charge to a Revolut / Monzo or similar card or do they need a bank account?
snow conditions
@t44tomo, I'm sure you can: I've got bip&go, and set up a direct debit to my Revolut which has a standard IBAN account number - all you need to do is make sure your € account is loaded when the payment is due

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 8-02-23 0:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@t44tomo, you should be able to set it up with revolut, you will need your IBAN no, just looked up mine on my revolut app (uk acc/SWIFT).
i had to set my account up with my current account IBAN no, as it would not recognise my sort code and account no?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy