Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French toll tag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We drive to/from the Alps at least 4 times a year, 3 in the winter and 1 in the summer.

I honestly don't know why anyone would need the Tag?
We have never, ever been in a queue of more that 3 cars.
Drive up...ticket in the slot, wait 2 seconds...card in the slot and it comes straight out...barrier opens.
Maybe 15 seconds?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rungsp, if like me your credit card suddenly stopped working you might appreciate a tag!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rungsp, +1
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp wrote:
We drive to/from the Alps at least 4 times a year, 3 in the winter and 1 in the summer.

Drive up...ticket in the slot, wait 2 seconds...card in the slot and it comes straight out...barrier opens.
Maybe 15 seconds?

Fair enough but we mainly have it for convenience as when we go to / from the UK (as we live as a family year round in Val d'Isere) we do the journey overnight... so it means the kids and the 'other' adult not driving can hopefully sleep and we can sail straight through without stopping and letting the cold air etc in let alone the bright lights surrounding the barriers into the car for more than a few seconds. Apart from the small cost of getting the card in the first place its so cheap 'extra' for the months we use it that its a no brainer for us. Besides the one have can work all across Europe so nice when we go on a camping trip somewhere too!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp wrote:

Maybe 15 seconds?

Fair enough but we mainly have it for convenience as when we go to / from the UK (as we live as a family year round in Val d'Isere) we do the journey overnight... so it means the kids and the 'other' adult not driving can hopefully sleep and we can sail straight through without stopping and letting the cold air etc in let alone the bright lights surrounding the barriers into the car for more than a few seconds. Apart from the small cost of getting the card in the first place its so cheap 'extra' for the months we use it that its a no brainer for us. Besides the one have can work all across Europe so nice when we go on a camping trip somewhere too!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PBJ, or email them. I had a similar problem years ago and they activated my account before the journey home.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just worth it, even once a year.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rungsp, i'm driving there and back on my own in a few weeks time, having the tag will make that much easier, rather than getting out the van, walking round, getting the ticket etc.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp wrote:

Maybe 15 seconds?

As with others - it's not really about beating the queues for us. It's more a convenience thing as we drive overnight and it minimises disruption.

It's not a biggie.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rungsp wrote:

Maybe 15 seconds?

There talks someone who hasn't driven over half term. Going out it was quiet as we did it on the Friday but on the return Saturday most of the main tolls we hit had queues around 20+ cars deep. Can't say how long it would have taken as we have a toll but suspect it would be more than a new minutes compared to us literally not stopping as they had the 30Km tolls with no queue.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have had our doofer for years, just cannot see why one wouldn’t if travelling frequently or just once a year.? Our cars are both right hand drive and we would often do the drive on our own so saved having to get out and go round. The charge in the month it has been used is minimal. We must be on the third or fourth now. Kids both have them for their journeys.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp wrote:

In the Rangie perhaps, but when we take the Ferrari, window doesn't open fully, wide body, precious wheels etc etc etc, never mind the fun of taking on the 30kmh lanes snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Val Desire, yeah we had a similar problem with the gull wings on our Lamborghini Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp wrote:

Maybe 15 seconds?

We have seen long queues on a number of occasions at Villefranche and Bourgoin-Jallieu and sometimes at Reims. Heading to Provence one summer on a few days detour before heading to Alps was particularly bad even though it wasn't August holidays. We've had ours since about 2006, different badge and company now of course, but it is still useful. My bank is particularly touchy if you use the card without the pin on more than a couple of occasions, I've just been without a card for a week as a result. I'm not sure I'd want my card blocked at the start of a holiday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hells Bells, fortunately i've got a wallet stuffed full of various cards from banks that at some point or another had introductory offers etc. Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy