Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French toll tag

Poster: A snowHead
SHAP wrote:
I'm clearly doing something wrong - I've completed the form online, but it doesn't seem to let me get past that screen to move to 'Next Step', which I assume will be card details...

Any thoughts?

@swskier, yep, I'll take that!

getting same issue.

Downloading app or using website I cant find an option to register to get a customer number which you seem to need to do a first login.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@t44tomo, i asked the same question earlier in the thread, apparently the customer number will come through via email after a few days
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
terrygasson wrote:
@t44tomo, i asked the same question earlier in the thread, apparently the customer number will come through via email after a few days

What you mean you fill in that first page, and wait for an email before going back to log in to fill in bank details etc? That sounds odd?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@t44tomo, no, sorry i thought you were talking about registering for the app/website login, after the account is set up.

as you need a customer number to do this, but it is not on the invoice that is sent after ordering the tag
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
t44tomo wrote:
SHAP wrote:
I'm clearly doing something wrong - I've completed the form online, but it doesn't seem to let me get past that screen to move to 'Next Step', which I assume will be card details...

Any thoughts?

@swskier, yep, I'll take that!

getting same issue.

Downloading app or using website I cant find an option to register to get a customer number which you seem to need to do a first login.

Not really sure what changed today, but i managed to get through the page that i think you are on, and could then add payment details. It's the address being added correctly? Someone mentioned it earlier, and i had the right options today, but not yesterday... Odd
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I had an issue on the site that I was using Google translate on my phone in chromr and it kept blocking my data entries. Once I switched that off it let me through. It might be a good protection feature in that it was detecting potential security risk. Google translate sometimes helps however it puts drop down lists out of alphabetical order which makes the game of looking for : UK, United Kingdom, Britain, great britain, England that bit more fun!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah success with fulli this morning Very Happy
https://www.fulli.com/en

I switch to use Firefox, but I think it might have been I was omitting the leading 0 on my phone number, as one normally does when selected the +44 from the drop down, but it actually needs the 0 in there on the first page (but not when you get to the slimpay bit) which I spotted this morning when back to a blank page on firefox, - chrome had pre filled a lot of fields which meant I couldn't see the required syntax for them.

*a learning from yesterday on the drop downs, on the phone bit its listed under UK, on the others its either Grande Bretagne or translated to Britain, but still listed under the Gs.

It also doesn't highlight which field it doesn't like - just leaves you guessing with a gallic shrug of its webpage shoulders.

two confirmation emails arrived pretty soon afterwards. one has an order number in, but assume that isn't the customer number mentioned above needed to set up the app. that will come when tag is issued I think.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@t44tomo, Glad it's sorted. It could use a bit of work for being UK friendly, but I guess we aren't exactly a mass market for them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@t44tomo, congrats

i like the thought of a virtual gallic shrug Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rob_Quads wrote:
I've just had the first bill from emovis and it looks like they not only charge you to convert it to GBP they also give you a bad rate. Anyone know how to get them to charge in Euro as my account will give me much better rates and not charge or is that not possible as its doing a bank charge rather than a debit?

I've just had my January bill and the Exchange rate and charges are exactly as set out in their FAQS https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk/faq/#tag-use-faq-section.
Average mid Market rate for January plus 2.4% charge.

Emovis.co.uk is a UK based selling operation and only transacts in GBP with a Direct Debit on a UK bank account.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Having received my tag from Fulli they then went to do a dummy charge (1euro) which bounced potentially due to entering the 1miilion digits of my iban number incorrectly...and locked my account. Could then only clear with a bank card. Then I could re-enter my bank details. Anyone else had this? Clearing the outstanding fee using a card seems to not be the point of the 1 euro test transaction!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiyeah wrote:
Having received my tag from Fulli they then went to do a dummy charge (1euro) which bounced potentially due to entering the 1miilion digits of my iban number incorrectly...and locked my account. Could then only clear with a bank card. Then I could re-enter my bank details. Anyone else had this? Clearing the outstanding fee using a card seems to not be the point of the 1 euro test transaction!

This has been happening a lot to me. Is it a Halifax Clarity card? Halifax told me their anti fraud software automatically block any foreign charge less than 1GBP - which 1EUR and 1USD both are. Has happened to me in Australia, USA, France and Italy. It's becoming almost impossible to use Halifax Clarity for foreign purchases where the cardholder isn't physically present to enter the PIN.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It was another bank, but similar policy I am sure. Hard to know if everything is connected and good to go!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just had an email through to say my tag is being dispatched, arriving in the next 2 days, and also my customer number for registration with the app.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Here's a tip.

When you stick the thingy to the inside of your windscreen, it MUST be in the hatched/chequered area behind the rear view mirror. If it is stuck in a visually clear area of the windscreen, it will not work.

The instructions IMPLY this, but they don't really make it clear how absolutely vital it is, nor why.
latest report
My tag came with a picture showing where to put it. I thought it was only an issue if you have a heated windscreen because of the fine wires interfering. Do you have heated windscreen?
ski holidays
I have a heated screen and I mount mine on the left hand side about halfway up, it works every time.
latest report
I have a Citroen Berlingo (unheated screen). The device doesn't work when stuck on clear glass, but works when in the hatched area (as I found by trial and error). Apparently the screen has a transparent metallic film/coating that interferes with the device's ability to transmit/receive signals to/from the Telepeage system. This film doesn't extend into the hatched area - probably precisely for the benefit of these devices.
snow conditions
Mine works just fine in the clear area just next to the mirror
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Mine works just fine in the clear area just next to the mirror

Yeah, that's where I put mine. Didn't work. As soon as I manually relocated it in the hatched area, it worked.

No doubt not all windscreens have this film on them.

YMMV
snow conditions
The "hatched" area is only to mitigate heat transition zone from clear to the black edge that covers the bonding of screen to body. Left as a hard line it causes problem with heat build locally, and so spreading it with those dot matrix gives more gentle gradient to the glass.
ski holidays
@ski3, this is not the perimeter margin, but a dedicated, largish area behind the rear view mirror.
snow report
Here's a link: https://says.com/my/lifestyle/what-are-those-little-black-dots-on-the-edges-of-car-windshields

So, while the perimeter may serve one purpose, and the '3rd visor frit' may serve as a visor, it also just so happens that the latter is non-blocking.

ski holidays
Quotes:

Quote:
"If your vehicle has an athermic windscreen, the tag must be placed in the dotted area, the “clear spot”, in order to be detected"

Quote:
"If your vehicle has a windscreen with an area with black dots, which is the non heat-resistant area, the badge must be in this area to be detected."

Quote:
"The device should be positioned in the mottled or shaded area right behind your rear view mirror."
latest report
I think the "athermic" bit is the key one. if your windscreen is athermic it will have a dotted area above the mirror, and a tag in the "clear" section wont work due to the inbuilt metal in the athermic glasss.

Mine doesnt have a dotted area above the mirror, the mirror "unit" take up all of that area (and has the odd outward facing sensor built into it).
However in the past, I have borrowed a toll tag before off my partners Dad (nt sure which type / company) and it worked positioned next to the mirror unit on clear glass. ergo i think my windscreen in not athermic and I'll be OK when my fulli arrives, although I will be well below the 30kph approaching the first toll booth, just in case.... Laughing
ski holidays
t44tomo wrote:
although I will be well below the 30kph approaching the first toll booth, just in case.... Laughing

It’s watching the mad scramble behind to avoid following a uk registered vehicle into a tag only lane that is the whole point of getting a tag in the first place Eh oh!
snow report
Just back and Fulli tag played it's now familiar game - work fine going through first entry gate/take ages to be picked up at first exit gate/be fine from then on.

One thing to be aware of is that some of the 30kph lanes have a height restriction on them. Appologies to anyone following the 2.9m tall van that made a last minute switch from the far left, height restricted 30kph lane to the far right lorry one yesterday Very Happy
latest report
My €1 fee to test the card out also failed, but I've gone in online and used a different card no issues.

TAG arrived on the weekend, and i've stuck it in the van, and it looks as though a previous owner had one as well, as you could see where they'd removed it.

4 weeks and 2 days and counting until I actually use it! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tag worked fine on this trip, but the squeaky bum time as you approach the first peage is very very real! Laughing

Only issue was when the telepeage lane near Lyon went into '!' on the overhead screen and everyone dived to another lane. Turns out, the tag doesn't work in all lanes (for me anyway), and a frantic grab of the wallet, and handing my credit card to MiniCF ensued. Thankfully, and I 'blame' his mother for it Toofy Grin , he is quite adept at tapping for purchases, in spite of his cognitive conditions.

Crisis averted. But that is one of the reasons I have the tag in the car. It's really is useful, and cuts down on some of the anxiety on the Autoroutes.

CF
latest report
@swskier, i had a notification the other day to tell me that my 1euro test payment failed, went online to take a look, and it turns out i missed off the last 3 digits on my bank account Iban code, Doh!!!!!

all sorted now, and the tag has also arrived in the post today.

5 weeks and 3 days for me now!!
ski holidays
@Checkflaps, Make sure that you can prove to your Tag issuer that you have paid for that leg of the journey or you may find the full cost of that leg added to your bill.

We've had a couple of incidences of tag failure. Both failures were at the paying end of the leg. First was going through a 30kph lane and tag failed to register so wouldn't let us through, cars backed up pretty quickly behind us. An attendant arrived promptly took tag to a booth and registered it and then returned it promptly. That tag was fine for the rest of the journey and a couple of years after. The second was when the tag operated the barrier successfully but when we got the bill we discovered that their system had not recorded us at the barrier and charged a default charge for the end of the paid section. Fortunately as we had left that section at the end then there was no difference in charge. Had this happened at an intermediate exit we would have had to dispute the charge.
snow report
Mine arrived today. Now to work out where to place it, having read some of the replies...
snow conditions
I will be very hesitant at the first peage. Fulli test payment bounced and then they locked my account until I cleared the debt and it seemed to accept any old card. I am hoping that even though test payment bounced a more substantial charge would go through. Thinking about it the third peage I get to might also be squeaky bum time if the payment for the first peage bounces! I asked them to confirm all is connected correctly via email, and I seemed to get a generic response back of "if it doesn't work try another account... " Once my account was unlocked I to had an error in my IBAN so maybe system issue their end.
snow report
@Skiyeah, If your account is unlocked and up and running, you should be ok. You don't get charged on your card each time you go through, but get a monthly bill which is taken early the next month. If that doesn't go through, then you'll have a further bit of sorting to deal with.
ski holidays
@Skiyeah, as long as your account has been updated with a working payment method then you should be ok. The system doesn't debit you for each leg of a journey. Instead each leg is charged to your account and then the payment collected monthly, usually a couple of weeks after the end of the month.
latest report
@195062, Laughing
latest report
Timc wrote:
@Checkflaps, Make sure that you can prove to your Tag issuer that you have paid for that leg of the journey or you may find the full cost of that leg added to your bill.

We've had a couple of incidences of tag failure. Both failures were at the paying end of the leg. First was going through a 30kph lane and tag failed to register so wouldn't let us through, cars backed up pretty quickly behind us. An attendant arrived promptly took tag to a booth and registered it and then returned it promptly. That tag was fine for the rest of the journey and a couple of years after. The second was when the tag operated the barrier successfully but when we got the bill we discovered that their system had not recorded us at the barrier and charged a default charge for the end of the paid section. Fortunately as we had left that section at the end then there was no difference in charge. Had this happened at an intermediate exit we would have had to dispute the charge.

Noted, cheers.
I think the bill was only 2.50 Euros, so I'll not cry if it does bill me twice, but I'll keep an eye out for it. From recollection it was somewhere around Lyon.
snow conditions
@sno trax, bit hard to know if its working as the test bounced, have corrected since then so hopefully fixed. However getting the account locked post travel to clear by other means if it isn't connected correctly is better than a surprise peage issue!
ski holidays
Had all the same issues as above … Iban number etc … all sorted but tag still not working.
It’s mounted I right place too.
Is there any switch on initial procedure on the Fulli tag ?
Been a pain having to use card today.
ski holidays
@PBJ, if you are in France at the moment I would call into one of their offices and ask them to check it. There is a map of their offices on their website in the help section https://www.fulli.com/en/aide-et-contact
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy