Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2022/2023 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Quick Q: some mates are staying at our place over new year and were wondering where’s good for a NYE meal and associated shindiggery. We’ve never been for new year (or christmas) so no first hand knowledge. Assume (as with Xmas Eve) it’ll be a set menu jobby - one of them is fish/veggie/cheese but no meat. Any recommendations? I’ve suggested La Rotonde as I thought they will be more likely to have non-meatiness available, plus La Flamme and Chamade - any others? Ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My 1st choice would be Le Colibri … granted, the menu is pretty limited (salads, burgers etc) but it has a lovely vibe, it’s modern and in a great location. I’m not talking from experience but it has been our favourite place (we are a family with 2 teenage boys) for the last couple of years.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mah,

Lift passes are currently discounted until 15th November.

Full price after that.

The really good deal was earlier this year
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@franga, I really like Colibri for a beer etc, but think they were after something a bit more substantial for NYE.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay wrote:
@franga, I really like Colibri for a beer etc, but think they were after something a bit more substantial for NYE.
... good point, I just thought I'd throw it in the mix!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@franga, Colibri’s probably our favourite for a beer/snack before the bus home as it’s just round from the Pleney bus stop.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@247snowman wrote:
@mah,

Lift passes are currently discounted until 15th November.

Full price after that.

The really good deal was earlier this year

Thanks, we had better decide pretty quickly exactly when we are going and book on that if no Black Friday offer this time. Must have missed the earlier offer, I saw one on season passes but not on other durations.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mah, they are doing the Black Friday offer this year. Google it and it should come up.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Black Friday deal is only valid for trips between 9-29 January though?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@denfinella,
@Randyp909,

And anyone else who wants the info. Link here for Black Friday details.

https://en.portesdusoleil.com/prices/liftpass-deals/black-friday.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are there any other resorts in French alps who have Black Friday offer????
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The 15% (off any adult pass I think) finishes today - excludes school hols
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@dkimble,

Not that I’m aware of. Normally earlier the better when purchasing for best deals.

@andy from embsay,

Nice one re: 15% discount.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@@247snowman, thanks
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks all, done the maths and chosen how to do it to work out cheapest for us. Looking forward to it now it is getting closer. Just got to drop the holiday form in with school and we will be ready to go!
snow conditions
It’s snowing in Les Gets/Morzine at last. Cue me watching the webcams daily for the next 71 days, before I’m actually on Feb slopes in approximately 71 days and 22 hours.
snow conditions
@Timmycb5, here's your forecast for +1726hours....looks chilly

Not much more snow overnight than last time.....only 5-10cm at 1600m. Avoriaz looks much better....hope they'll run the cannons low down on the weekend.
Tuesday still likely for first proper snow down to valley floor, 30cm on latest GFS output.

ski holidays
Some snow over here last night, just a dusting at 1350m this morning, now melted, snow line in the trees now around 1500m. It's still snowing slightly but not settling now.

Really though, still far too early for it to have any real effect on the ski season.
latest report
Very wet in Châtel - snow line looks to be rising with visible snow line at around 1400m
latest report
@polo, I've no idea what that is showing me, but chilly will do just fine, so long as there is bucket loads of the white stuff too.
snow report
@Timmycb5, a picture of a fruit bowl would have been just as useful Very Happy . That model runs daily charts 9 months into the future which is a complete waste of time beyond the first week or two.
I have mates who come over that week every year, think they've had fresh snow every time.....and a few days of rain once (2019?).....but the odds are as good as they get.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 18-11-22 12:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@polo, Laughing

Yeah it’s my favourite week. Been to Les Gets at least 5 time on that week and it’s always been exceptional.
ski holidays
@polo, how d’you think the snow will hold up at 1500m or so next weekend?
latest report
@andy from embsay, the current snow won't last, it's all about tuesday....which, if it comes off as forecast, should be enough for a few days, but next friday looks warm.....tbh right now I'd say it looks dodgy, but if they use artifical first and then bash the fresh, and then the weather changes, you never know
snow conditions
@polo, other than Chavannes anywhere a bit higher up that works for a short skin up and slide down?
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, nothing notably different unless avoriaz.....certainly nothing with a short hike.....but Ranfoilly, Chamossiere, Mont Chery in that order of hiking time

way too early to worry or plan
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
@polo, how d’you think the snow will hold up at 1500m or so next weekend?

Looking across to the "pistes" at Follieuse and Corbeau it's clear that there's not enough to ski on - highest I can see from the house is perhaps 1700m, and it's really just a dusting there now. So I doubt there's anything remotely skiable at that altitude across the whole area.
latest report
@Chaletbeauroc, this is next weekend so after whatever we get Tuesday - we’re out on 25th for a few days sorting so an afternoon of skinning up and sliding down would be a nice distraction from sorting out the bike shed.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For those with season passes looks a good weekend to use a Verbier pass as will be skiable down to Ruinettes. And some touring options into La Chaux or even up to Col des Gentianes that we might have a crack at
latest report
Top of Mont Chery and top half of bowl.....with an old board and some careful video editing I reckon there's a few turns out there today

snow conditions
@BobinCH, Hopefully going over to Le Chable on Sunday AM.
snow conditions
Les Crossets seems to have done well from this snow fall.

@windofchange I am aiming to go to La Chable on Sat 3 December if snow is reasonable and you are welcome to join if you fancy a day trip.
snow report
WindOfChange wrote:
@BobinCH, Hopefully going over to Le Chable on Sunday AM.

It doesn’t look too shabby
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClGxQJRLMY0/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
snow conditions
@andy from embsay,

I’d imagine you’ll manage a short tour from Avoriaz later next week. Drive to the top of the Prodains lift and whizz up the Arare. I’ll certainly be having a look after Tuesday/Wednesday.
ski holidays
@BobinCH,
That doesn’t look shabby at all. I’m away this weekend sadly otherwise I would have given it a try.
ski holidays
@BobinCH,
That doesn’t look shabby at all. I’m away this weekend sadly otherwise I would have given it a try.
ski holidays
@andy from embsay,

I’d imagine you’ll manage a short tour from Avoriaz later next week. Drive to the top of the Prodains lift and whizz up the Arare. I’ll certainly be having a look after Tuesday/Wednesday.
ski holidays
Cheers @zzz - that was something I was thinking about. Though I saw something today about bits of Avoriaz being shut because of piste prep. Most seems to be Lindarets side but haven’t read in detail. https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=514156214070745&id=100064291135718&set=a.474744771345223
snow report
@zzz, sounds like fun … not sure I’m up for rando quite yet …
snow conditions
@andy from embsay,
I wouldn't worry about that. I minor distraction.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy