Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2022/2023 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Keep an eye on this page when it is updated in September/Autumn

https://www.avoriaz.com/en/staying/access-and-transport/prodains-cable-car/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Jonnyboy93 is correct and the lifts are opening from the 15th this year. The ski test is scheduled for the weekend 16th/17th.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@doddsie,

Ooops, I just looked and you’re right about the dates for rock on snowboard and ski test.

https://www.avoriaz.com/en/fiche/rock-on-snow/

I’m now hoping that there lots of snow and they do a limited ‘pre opening’ weekend as I’ve got flight booked w/e of 9/10/11th Dec

I’ve got a hire car sorted so can always head through to Cham or hot foot it to Cervinia if needed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shep, looks as if we need a new season 23/24 topic started. I used to do it but sadly no longer a local…
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh bum holes. We’ve decided to come out 13-18 Dec because we assumed the ski test would be the weekend before and we could avoid “death by Tour” as everyone needs to get that lift to take their skis back! Morzine opens on 16th so if the snow’s good we can avoid the weekend. Think we migh shift our flights and come out 14th though - only £25 to switch flights.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Snow last night on Hauts Forts. Question is - is that the last snow of 22/23 or the first of 23/24?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andy from embsay wrote:
Snow last night on Hauts Forts. Question is - is that the last snow of 22/23 or the first of 23/24?

Well we’re past the summer solstice so 23/24. Looks a bit thin for a ski though Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That’ll do for me, @DJL, - let the wigglies watching commence!

Just the small matter of about six trips back and forth for rugby matches to get through first…
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lots of work starting up in PDS this week, in addition to stuff that’s already happening / happened.

A few things I recall:
- canons going in on the bottom of Proclou,
- work on Abricotine to make the final flat bit easier (and less likely to get washed away),
- new canons on pleney (although I have to admit I can’t recall if there were previously canons there in the past),
- new pipework for more canons on top of Mossette?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There have been cannons down at least the main red Pleney route for years, enough years they they were probably due a refresh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don’t know know how to start new threads, never done one, can’t see any buttons.
My summer / autumn pictures are confined to a dusty hard drive, just a bunch of 1’s and 0’s.
A bit like when the tree falls it causes a disturbance in the air pressure field in the woods and that pressure field emanates away from the fallen tree. The physics are unrelated to anyone being there to hear the sound. So there was no out loud noise without human ear drums to decipher the vibrations. Squirrels though….run away.

UCI Mountain Bike World Cup starts today in LG, more in Morzine and Chatel next week.
https://www.lesgets.com/en/temps_fort/coupe-du-monde-mountain-bike-2023/
Time to get out and snap up some binary.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a belting TdF trip in July, sadly missing out on MTB this week (but Pidders isn’t giving his rainbow stripes a run out as otherwise engaged on Tour of Britain).

I got so cheesed off with England’s ineptitude I decided to sack off the Argentina game this weekend but off to Nice for Japan, then a week commuting back and forth from Morzine to Lyon for a few NZ and France games at the end of September.

Then the weather watching starts in earnest - have got a weekend at the emd of November planned for some easy skinning and sliding before the lifts open.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 7-09-23 18:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@polo, Have started a 23/24 PdS weather thread.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pamski wrote:
@shep, looks as if we need a new season 23/24 topic started. I used to do it but sadly no longer a local…
Oops, dereliction of duty, sorry! Fortunately andy has done the necessary! See you over in the new thread everybody Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
last day for the heavily discounted season pass for under 26 yr olds today.

Crazy cheap deal, includes multi days out the 4 x valleys in Switzerland and 3 x discovery days ski passes in Haute Savie (that can be used at teh Grand Massive and Chamonix amounst other places).

https://www.skipass-avoriaz.com/en/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy