Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@swskier, Saalbach/leogang has a decent bike park along with schladming and sölden. It's very strange how the zillertal isnt capitalising on the MTB €.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mother hucker, Yeah exactly, there's definitely a gap in the market there it seems. They're all spread out enough to justify adding the Zillertal too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My idle speculation based on snippets of conversations and observations...
Landowners are afraid of erosion and damage.
And, they like the market that they're already attracting i.e. people whose idea of a good day out is to ride for an hour with minimal effort, a long lunch spending lots of money and a, hopefully accident free, roll home.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SaraJ, knew you'd have some idea about reasoning behind it!

It would definitely change the market/demographic of those coming on holiday. No doubt it would have environmental effects, I guess if everyone (land owners, restaurant/hotel owners etc) is happy with current situation, why change?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SaraJ wrote:
@swskier, The Talbach Klettersteig is a good one to try because the first part is in 4 sections which get progressively harder with the option to get out and walk down the path after each section.

Looks great, I'll have to get over there and do that one.

http://youtube.com/v/w2-Ppd42Fno

Great MTB'ing scenery

http://youtube.com/v/YOxxrHl873I

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 29-08-23 8:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hintertux definitely looking whiter

Mad swing in Zermatt:-

https://twitter.com/WxNB_/status/1696234784530296901?t=yW-ccJGw50Hbdz6w_PGmNg&s=19
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
8611 wrote:
Hintertux definitely looking whiter

But no runs open
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi - for those in the know - where is the best location to stay in ZAZ, near the lift station or in the village? it looks like a fair walk into the village at night if I stay near the lifts?

Also do the buses run most of the evening etc? There is a hotel called Landgut Zapfenhof which has a bus stop, but looks a way out if the buses arent running

Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gaz_H, i'd stay in the village and get the bus to the lift in the morning if I were you. There's not a great deal going on by the lift. Also, if you're staying in town you could jump on the train along the valley to ski other areas too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gaz_H, @swskier, Laughing I just opened this thread to say if you like apres ski then stay by the lift... That's where the apres bars are.
It takes about 15 - 20 mins. to walk from the lifts to the centre of Zell.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SaraJ, you know it better than I! We did walk the dog around the fields there the other night and it's not too long a walk, and we weren't exactly going a direct route!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The tux snow looking decidedly grey on the webcams today, still 2k open on the website but must be grim indeed, wonder will it survive until autumn snows
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy