Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snow on the mountains and a question posted in last season's thread prompted me to think about starting one for this season.

There's snow above about 1800m. It won't stay, but it's nice to see... And I'm sure it's very welcome on the glacier!
I work on Spieljoch in the summer and it's always nice to see the guys moving the snow cannons into position... I'm not really a fan of snow cannon snow but it's a sign that winter is coming!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SaraJ, exciting to see the early snow even if we know it will melt away quickly…..

The glacier was looking shocking on the cams and with all the other European glaciers closed this summer was there calls for Hintertux to close too? Must be some pretty big crevices to fill!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For the last few times I looked it seemed like even the T bars at the top weren't running. Probably only run 4 open to the chair back up to the top. The web site said 6km open but I can't see where that would have been unless they kept an ice track open to the Tuxerfernhaus.

Anyway it's looking much better now and we are booked for the 7-14 Jan in Mike's sports bar.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JimboS, I had a drink in Mike’s over the summer. Very impressed by the expansion of the property and always a warm welcome (they chopped down half the orchard to build the car park but I guess that’s the price of a bigger hotel…more cars). Great place to watch the rugby too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SaraJ, any chat about electricity and lifts in the Valley? I assume much is generated from the hydro plant up The Valley. Any concerns?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Matrix,
Quote:

any chat about electricity and lifts in the Valley?

Not really...
The concern is more about whether tourists will come. It seems that a lot of places are already pretty well booked out for the high season weeks, but low season has hardly any interest.
I suspect that will change once it starts to snow. And, if the snow is good then people will come, though with a tendency towards short (3-4 day) stays.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SaraJ, cheers for the reply in last season thread. I had visions of it being the the Tarentaise valley and if that's the case I'd work round the drive in to avoid
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My first trip to the valley coming up this winter, first week of December for a trip the Hintertux for my Level 2 instructor course. Looking forward to seeing the area, as i've wanted to visit for a while now
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On the verge of booking for Dec. 17-24 in Mayrhofen - I know it's a gamble snow-wise, but what does history say about the third week of December, do we have a fair chance of good snow coverage on the pistes? Thanks!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@chenav, I think it's likely that most, if not all, of the pistes will have snow cover - whether it's good cover? That depends on the weather Toofy Grin
Hintertux is not far away. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't good snow on the glacier by then. If the snow at Mayrhofen isn't awesome then a trip to the glacier would be worth it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gone from 6km to 18km opening at Hintertux. Lifts on the cams seem to be running again.

Really fancy a sneaky pre-season trip!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
Gone from 6km to 18km opening at Hintertux. Lifts on the cams seem to be running again
It's snowed down to 2,000m in the Zillertal. Here's the Sommerberg webcam at Hintertux (2,000m)Very Happy The glacier will be much improved. More snow forecast too.

Edit: Smmit cam looking good too, now the cloud has lifted a bit.

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hintertux update: Tuxer Fernerhaus cam now up and running and things are looking rather good for the time of year Very Happy

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Compare and contrast June 2004. Shocked

...and now.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy