Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trademark Tony strikes again!

Poster: A snowHead
@davidof, The FFS logo does get put on clothing available to buy. Maybe the SCGB is worried that someone will make knock-off clothing in China and capture the vast market for it among the general public, or maybe not.

OTOH, it could be a good excuse if gripped by a Gendarme - "I'm not really a Rep, I'm just wearing a jacket that I bought on the internet, I thought it was a nice colour".
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Hamilton Academical wrote:
ousekjarr wrote:
@davidof, my point was that it was a complete waste of time, effort and money to protect a "brand" which had no value outside of the existing membership.

Trademarks are for consumer sales. What financial benefit does it add? Would the time have been better spent on the finances?

Now no one else can start a similar enterprise using that trademark. It’s not like it cost more than a few hundred.

Meanwhile, snowHeads could be used by any.

& so what? SCGB have cunningly sown up their own initials as a TM but failed in their "mistake" to TM "snowheads". What are SCGB going to do with those initials that is so important that they didn't feel the need to do so for 100 years? Are they going to spend their time and lots of members funds with lawyers on litigating against Shropshire Council Green Bins or whatever for infringements? Do they seriously think that anyone would be deliberately infringing on them to flog holidays? Members should be asking the why - again fiddling while Rome burns.

The cynical observer would suggest that the sudden interest in this along with the involvement of a PE type guy in doing so is characteristic of trying to lock down as many assets on the books ahead of some investment or disposal event. Which would be weird wouldn't it for a not for profit members' club?

They are stopping other entities from using it. Particularly, I suspect, they want to stop anyone using it in a spiteful way against them. Now it’s legally theirs, all they need to do is send a polite email.

Obviously you’re now rather obsessed with the ski club. To the casual observer you probably seem like a really sad twat. ‘Disposal event’ your really are an idiot. You should seriously consider moving your face out of the flightpath of admin’s jizz.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And it's not as if SCGB ever, ever, did anything spiteful. And who's the 'really sad twat'? I think you're missing that rather obvious one Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 26-08-22 16:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjs wrote:
@davidof, The FFS logo does get put on clothing available to buy.

that is true, a multicolour chicken that seems to have been cut in two by a pair of skis with FFS written on it Happy

Still Le Coq Sportif (the sporty male chicken) is also a big and successful brand with a similar logo so what do I know?

I did a search for SCGB and first result was "Ski Club du Gap Bayard" - I think the trademark hamster has some work to do.

They also have SCGB clothing, although judging by the top this young lady seems to have recently been released from prison.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
They also have SCGB clothing, although judging by the top this young lady seems to have recently been released from prison.

A ski suit that can double up as your prison uniform could be useful in this context as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof wrote:
... I did a search for SCGB and first result was "Ski Club du Gap Bayard" - I think the trademark hamster has some work to do....
Now you've veered off piste into "search engine optimisation", a different beast. They have some work to do there.

If you're going to search by acronym, you pretty much know what you want,
which is why the obvious domain as previously mentioned may be worth redirecting.

I'm fairly sure none of these laws prevent a competitor picking your acronym and targeting advertising at people looking for it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm rather glad that I'm a sad lady's front bottom as if Gerry thinks that cases of legal infringement are simply settled by sending a polite email he isn't the best judge of anything. Clue for Gerry -it isn't - if the situation is meaty enough your trademark is only as protected as you are prepared to litigate to defend it. But have fun with the above Ski Club etc

What you repeatedly fail to understand is that the SCGB isn't an obsession for anyone here but rather a source of amusement as it withers and dies, with fools like you blind to what you have done to it. It's sad really and I feel sorry for ex-members but anyone still a member has probably chosen their own funeral.

Quote:

your really are an idiot

Indeed Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm rather glad that I'm a sad lady's front bottom as if Gerry thinks that cases of legal infringement are simply settled by sending a polite email he isn't the best judge of anything. Clue for Gerry -it isn't - if the situation is meaty enough your trademark is only as protected as you are prepared to litigate to defend it. But have fun with the above Ski Club etc

Quote:

your really are an idiot

Indeed Laughing

Normal people, (no you obviously) when presented with proof that they don’t legally have a leg to stand on, will just tend to comply with a polite email.

Anyway, from all this you have deduced that the ski club is going to have a ‘disposal event’? Listen to yourself. Lol
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
a ‘disposal event’?

Isn't that the SKGB? Little Angel

(Nervously looks behind...) Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's more credible than someone fundamentally wanting to use the SCGB nefariously in a ski context.

So is Trademark Tony going to spunk funds going after the Ski Club du Gap Bayard? Or are they just going to laugh at his polite email?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.scgb.org/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe this lot have the answer: https://scgbsolutions.com/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You should seriously consider moving your face out of the flightpath of admin’s jizz.

Every third post of yours drips with barely repressed homo-erotic undertones.

Release it all Gerry, tie up your rainbow laces and dance down the yellow brick road my love. You'll feel like a new man.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
narbs wrote:
You should seriously consider moving your face out of the flightpath of admin’s jizz.

Release it all Gerry, tie up your rainbow laces and dance down the yellow brick road my love. You'll feel like a new man.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
narbs wrote:

Still upset about BREXIT? Never mind. Knowing that I took your EU citizenship away from is, well, satisfying.
snow conditions
It's more credible than someone fundamentally wanting to use the SCGB nefariously in a ski context.

So is Trademark Tony going to spunk funds going after the Ski Club du Gap Bayard? Or are they just going to laugh at his polite email?

What do you think? Not that you’re capable of much thought. Probably best if you don’t tax your seemingly most redundant organ.
ski holidays
Who says the quality of debate isn't greatly improved by gratuitous personal abuse ?
ski holidays
eblunt wrote:
Who says the quality of debate isn't greatly improved by gratuitous personal abuse ?

It's just another groupthink shitting competition.
snow report
eblunt wrote:

It's just another groupthink shitting competition.

Luckily we have your quality contributions to help us see the light.
snow conditions
…so… eighteen months on does anyone know how things are going for SCGBTM ? Not that it’s a competition…

Working in [cough] IT [/not-a-COVID-cough] we’re used to dealing with multiple overlapping TLA2 & TLA3, but FLA4 & FLA5 clashes are increasingly common - especially when there’s only only so many distinct x-Club-of-Great-Britains rolling eyes

But that’s why @admin suggests we use sHIDs to identify each other, eh Graham?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy