Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I buy genepi anywhere in France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Weathercam wrote:

But then the bit I don't get, is that the cost of the necessary bottle of 90° alcohol is between €14-17 for that you could buy yourself a decent bottle of Calvados!

That's the tourists price. You don't think the locals pay that do you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Genepi plant is found around 2000 -300 meters in rocky limestone soil so its in most of the Alps, It is not that common, but you are allowed to pick enough for personal consumption (in France). which seams to be around 40 buds, more than this and you can and people have been arrested and fined. You mix 40 buds, 40 teaspoons of sugar and some form of alcohol (in a bottle of vodka works but locals may call you a heathen), then leave it for 40 nights. You can also buy it dried and make your own that way, if you don't want to go hunting for it, but that's part of the fun.

Don't think I have ever had a shop brought one but loads of peoples home made stuff, Its a mixed bag I have had really nice stuff and some god awful stuff, that tasted my like unleaded with a smell of potpourri. The problem is you dont always know what your getting till its to late.

The Other local thing is mélèzes, made in the same way, but the buds are more easily available in the spring.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ecrinscollective, I make my own limoncello - a bit of fun and much nicer than commercial stuff!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

I guess the answer remains somewhere between; nobody knows, someone thinks it's probably stocked at large supermarkets throughout France and it's never been seen in the region

I suspect that no one has actually been looking for it is the reason noone can recall accurately. As an analogy - can you get fernet branca in UK supermarkets?

Both Branca and Menta can be bought in ANY danish supermarket:-)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy