Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sewing custom hats while waiting for winter... ideas needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm patiently waiting for the snow to return to Canada and I've been sewing up a storm to get ready for next winter. Stuff I've made so far...

- A knitted hat with a cool mohawk
- Gloves with a pouch for hand warmers
- Socks
- More socks
- A neck warmer

I'm thinking about making some more hats but with moose antlers on top or a beaver tail pattern in back (It's a Canada thing). Any suggestions on what I should sew next to look fun while having fun skiing? Have you seen anyone wearing something handmade you thought was really cool?

Only a few months left to wait!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Merkins. Always handy. Gets pretty cold in BC.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My wife knits snoods for winter on Etsy (Celtic snoods) at debswhitecottage. Mention snowheads if you want one and we'll send 10% to admin to help keep the SH site alive.

Moderators, please delete this post if it's against the rules on selling stuff
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is/was a company that make knitted beards. I possess a very fine viking helmet/beard combo set. Check out beardo.com (i think)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you could find some waterproof wool, if there is such a thing, you could try knitting boot covers? Puzzled my feet get really cold in bc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@gixxerniknik, neoprene boot covers ...they are a thing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, They will be my first purchase next time I go to Canada...but the OP wanted ideas of stuff to make...how about boot covers with moose antlers! ok if it's not a powder day I guess?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How 'bout a balaclava and base layer in one? Kinda like a base layer hoodie....point being to cover the back of the neck area for certain. Not sure knitting is the way to make this, but you will.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scooter in Seattle, this is what the Celtic Snood I referred to is in the post above. It keeps the back of the neck area covered and can be dropped back off the head when needed, and also keeps the chest warm worn under a jacket. Might be a bit on the thick side for skiing though. Maybe the OP can do something similar with thinner wool?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy