Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season passes for 2023/24... what's looking good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Dave of the Marmottes, I am sure Chamonix is not unique in having co-working spaces?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mclovin wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
If you are going to be in Innsbruck (and meet residency criteria) then just buy the Freizeiticket - if you're partner is a beginner unlikely you'll exhaust the INN area resorts (which go as far as Stubai, Fugen etc)

Not going to be meeting the residency requirement unfortunately... looking to rent something seasonally and work from there while still maintaining residency in NL. We will be in Austria for 4 months or so anyways so more than doable.

If you're renting you'll be required to register (info >> https://www.oesterreich.gv.at/en/themen/dokumente_und_recht/an__abmeldung_des_wohnsitzes/Seite.1180200.html) as at least Zweitwohnsitz (second home residency), and the certificate (Meldezettel) you get for that is good enough to qualify you for the Freizeitticket Wink

mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
if your partner is a beginner unlikely you'll exhaust the INN area resorts (which go as far as Stubai, Fugen etc)
Fügen? On the Innsbruck pass Puzzled As Fügen is about 60km from Innsbruck, I think you're mixing it up with somewhere else...Unless it's a new town twinning arrangement or something wink

Fügen and Zillertal indeed are not on the pass, however Ischgl, Arlberg and Obergurgl ARE, which are all further away Wink But it's actually the Freizeitticket Tirol, not just for Innsbruck city (though most of the holders live in Innsbruck Land)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
@mclovin, I'd maybe look at e.g. Aosta? It has a direct lift into Pila plus a bundle of places say 20-40 mins away - plus Italian food & wine Happy

I get the town thing but tbh tho we're in Chamonix which is a working town, it's a mountain economy working town ... lots of coders tho.

Innsbruck sounds interesting ... I've only been there a few times on business so you don't get to see much seems nice.

Cham is sounding more and more interesting to me... especially now that you've mentioned coders since I am in IT myself. I assume a reliable internet connection can be had there! Mind if I PM you?

Kenzie wrote:
@mclovin,
Ski areas can basically split into two categories - those were the weekend is the quietest period of the week on the slopes & those were it is the busiest.
As you are looking to be mainly skiing weekends, would you be happy with crowds, or would you prefer the slopes to be quiet?

I'm fine either way to be honest. I'd be happy to put up with some crowds if it means access to large resorts and piste networks!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Fügen and Zillertal indeed are not on the pass, however Ischgl, Arlberg and Obergurgl ARE, which are all further away But it's actually the Freizeitticket Tirol, not just for Innsbruck city (though most of the holders live in Innsbruck Land)
O.I.C! wink Thanks for clarifying Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mclovin, looking for any kind of residency status? There’s a few hoops to jump through, but there are lots of favourable tax reasons why Andorra might work for you. The skiing is decent too if you are mainly chilled red/blue piste skiers.

There are an awful lot of coders here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hammerite wrote:
@mclovin, looking for any kind of residency status? There’s a few hoops to jump through, but there are lots of favourable tax reasons why Andorra might work for you. The skiing is decent too if you are mainly chilled red/blue piste skiers.

There are an awful lot of coders here.

Interesting situation I guess - I am a US citizen with PR in the Netherlands, so I am keeping my residence here. Best would be to be able to rent something without having to register as a resident there, and just keep everything in NL in terms of formalities. I plan on flying back for a day or two sometimes anyways for work. Andorra is an option if seasonal/monthly rentals are affordable!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mclovin,
Grenoble? Chambery? Albertville?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kenzie wrote:
@mclovin,
Ski areas can basically split into two categories - those were the weekend is the quietest period of the week on the slopes & those were it is the busiest.
As you are looking to be mainly skiing weekends, would you be happy with crowds, or would you prefer the slopes to be quiet?

This 1 million %
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mclovin, I really truly do not think you want to be dicking around with your (tax) residency just for maybe a wee tax saving!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
@mclovin, I really truly do not think you want to be dicking around with your (tax) residency just for maybe a wee tax saving!!

Exactly- its not worth the hassle and extra work for me. Plus things are pretty good in the NL as it is.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This thread has given many a chance to tell the OP not to do what he never intended to do in the first place! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@abc, well, if he had asked about what he wanted in the first place ...wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:

I didn’t presume to know how much a saving it would be for McLovin. It certainly seems to be a viable, worthwhile option for many who live here.

Not me though. I have a traditional Employment contract where I have to be there Mon-Fri with a pretty average salary.

Unfortunately, monthly or seasonal rentals are pretty difficult to come across at the moment.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Espace Diamant season pass, bought in advance, used to be equivalent to about two weeks at normal 6 day prices.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hopefully not diverting this thread .... any tips on finding accomodation for a season? We're contemplating Superskicard for next winter, hoping to base ourselves in Zell am See. Struggling to find long term lets.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy